[Game Update] - 254072

• Developer
  • Duplicant stats panel now contains perk information.
  • Vitals panel should now lists expectations.
  • Fixed incorrect Auto-Sweeper angle with some rotations.
  • Dupes should no longer tinker at disabled buildings.
  • Conveyor rails should now have their own deconstruct filter.
  • Tinker stations are no longer assignable. Now anyone can work them if they have the perk.
  • Fixed an issue where liquids and gases could incorrectly state transition when being put into a pipe.
  • Steam Turbine is now automatable.
  • Removed "\t" from strings because certain fonts didn't support it.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when selecting an object.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when deconstructing a building under repair.
  • Increased the specific heat capacity of Igneous Rock/Magma/Rock Gas to 1
  • Fixed an issue where Dupes would appear bald when entering the Transit Tubes.
  • Anemic should now affect athletics instead of strength.
  • Steam turbine should no longer function when its inputs are blocked. Reduced the temperature requirements on the input steam.
  • Steam Turbine should once again spit out steam when active.

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Tinker stations are no longer assignable. Now anyone can work them if they have the perk.

This appears to be causing null reference errors in the code relating to Chores. Deleting my farm stations seems to prevent them, but re-adding them causes immediate crash from the null references.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ChorePreconditions.<IsFunctional>m__1A (.Context& context, System.Object data) [0x00010] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\chores\ChoreHelpers.cs:426 
  at Chore+Precondition+Context.RunPreconditions () [0x00042] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\demands\Chore.cs:177 
  at Chore.CollectChores (.ChoreConsumer consumer, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 succeeded_contexts, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 failed_contexts, Boolean is_attempting_override) [0x0000f] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\demands\Chore.cs:535 
  at ChoreProvider.CollectChores (.ChoreConsumer chore_consumer, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 succeeded, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 failed_contexts) [0x0001b] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\demands\ChoreProvider.cs:29 
  at ChoreConsumer.FindNextChore (.Context& out_context) [0x00039] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\demands\ChoreConsumer.cs:135 
  at Brain.FindBetterChore (.Context& context) [0x00008] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\Brain.cs:58 
  at Brain.UpdateChores () [0x00026] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\Brain.cs:66 
  at Brain.UpdateBrain () [0x00052] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\Brain.cs:51 
  at BrainScheduler.Update () [0x0004f] in D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\BrainScheduler.cs:48 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alilyn said:

I can confirm Xarians post. Had roughly 5 nullrefs in a row. Came here, read his post, deconstructed the my one and only farm station and poof.. No more nullrefs.

If you alt-tab back and forth, you'll notice that you get even more null references. I think it's just attempting to perform the same action and throwing a null ref exception each time.

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Increased the specific heat capacity of Igneous Rock/Magma/Rock Gas to 1
  • Steam turbine should no longer function when its inputs are blocked. Reduced the temperature requirements on the input steam.

View full update

What is the temperature suppose to be as I swear it's gone up instead.  From what I can tell, it won't work when the steam is less then 250C.  Also, it still works when most of the bottom is blocked, even though the red icon comes up.

steamturbine.thumb.jpg.1f232342722df9a4e390e90e2ed5ef80.jpg

And that's a neat change to igneous rock and magma, not only does that increase the amount of heat in the bottom zone by several fold, it also means that igneous pipes are now better then granite and sandstone pipes for transporting heat.  Igneous rock for ALL THE THINGS!!1

Typo:

msgctxt "STRINGS.UI.ROLES_SCREEN.SLOTS.UNASSIGNED"
-msgid "Unassigned"
+msgid "Vacant Posiition"

Plastic is a thermoplastic polymer
It is useful as a raw Plastic feedstock.

Doesn't that sound curious ? or it's just me  « plastic is useful as raw plastic feedstock »