After Winter's Feast...Feedback

55 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

No. Never.

But it's not fun... ( and just to keep this on topic ) unlike the amazing winters feast event that still isn't over on my account for some reason! ( that's my honest opinion of both those things )

28 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

That was just one small part of the event, though. What about boss reskins and the Laserclops? Skins are not everything.

LAZERCLOPS!

Got maybe 4-5 Winter Chests, gave me some Snowfallen gear but mostly just bauble profile pics. Still, ended up getting a Snowkit from trading and a Roseate head drop so pretty happy all in all. Being able to buy Snowfallen stuff with my left-over spools was nice.

36 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

That was just one small part of the event, though. What about boss reskins and the Laserclops? Skins are not everything.

i play single player or with a friend. We cannot fight deerclops as powerful as he was, so we turned him off. 

We did decorate a tree, and that was fun for a few day cycles but ultimately i just was kind'v 'meh' on the whole event

i know skins are not everything, but when the only changes to the game are skins and boss re-skins that we dont' experience since we're a small server, then skins are all i can give feedback on, especially when the experience with those was frustrating =P maybe those of you who are lucky and actually got good stuff had fun, but those of us with bad luck who got nothing but ornament skins didn't get to experience any of the joy or excitement that came with a good RNG of gifts

I had only one or two winter chests (and i only won profile icones and vignettes) during the event. Finally, i prefer winning curio chests. I didn't win some elgant skins but some triumphant clothes (dress and shoes), the yacht suit, a distinguished dress and a silk suit. Some winter fest clothes too, (only in my curios chests).

I felt a lil bit disappointed by some curio chests : one gave me 2 sames pants (that i already had) and one only gave me a vignette (that i already had too and i don't mind vignettes..)

Finally, the real interest of this event, for me, was the higher rate of rare skins, instead of winterfeast stuff.

I think the low rate of winterfeast chests is because of the  repetition of the event every years. If we were able to collect every icones and vignettes the first year, the event would be useless next winter hollidays.

I liked the event anyway!

10 hours ago, Jynn said:

i know skins are not everything, but when the only changes to the game are skins and boss re-skins that we dont' experience since we're a small server, then skins are all i can give feedback on, especially when the experience with those was frustrating =P maybe those of you who are lucky and actually got good stuff had fun, but those of us with bad luck who got nothing but ornament skins didn't get to experience any of the joy or excitement that came with a good RNG of gifts

Actually, the fact that Klaus spawned every 20 days instead of just once per year is the most important Winter’Feast benefit for small servers because one or two players can easily kill him and there’s a chance he’ll drop loot from bosses who are much, much harder if not impossible to solo, like Toadstool or Bee Queen. Klaus has a higher probability of dropping krampus sacks than krampus farming, as well. Sleeping under trees, if done right, can give you a massive supply of moggles and enough pan flutes to make the near-nonrenewability of mandrakes irrelevant, plus a stockpile of ruins gems. 

Skins are fun, but if you actually play the game, this other stuff matters a lot more. Besides, 95% of the clothing skins are barely visible given how tiny the characters’ bodies are. 

6 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Actually, the fact that Klaus spawned every 20 days instead of just once per year is the most important Winter’Feast benefit for small servers because one or two players can easily kill him and there’s a chance he’ll drop loot from bosses who are much, much harder if not impossible to solo, like Toadstool or Bee Queen. Klaus has a higher probability of dropping krampus sacks than krampus farming, as well. Sleeping under trees, if done right, can give you a massive supply of moggles and enough pan flutes to make the near-nonrenewability of mandrakes irrelevant, plus a stockpile of ruins gems. 

Skins are fun, but if you actually play the game, this other stuff matters a lot more. Besides, 95% of the clothing skins are barely visible given how tiny the characters’ bodies are. 

and we do play the game. We survive, we build a camp, we try not to starve. Not everyone goes boss hunting and ruins diving, some of us enjoy the simple mechanics of Dont' STarve rather than the RPG elements that were thrown into DST to make it more exciting for groups. Not everyone likes to run around trying to kill bosses or go spelunking haha. We did sleep under the tree a few times, but that's not exactly something that keeps being fun after several game cycles

and once the event is over, guess what will stay game after game after game, no matter what server or how long it's been? That's right,t the skins! It's fun to play dress up. It's even more fun to see what awesome goodies you get out of your random RNG CHest

i didn't realize it was such a unreasonable suggestion to have profile icons be Trade Inn-able so that they're not so bloody useless xD

Archived