Summarization of previous ideas.

Here is summarization of some amount of previous pages with ideas and suggestions.
Unreasonable, game breaking, already implemented, and not healthy suggestions are not included here.
Suggestions are sorted by category.
Please, feel free to add reasonable suggestions i missed, i will add them to main post.
 ==========================================================================

General improvements

• Compost+hydrofan+mainteinance job ccombine to tinkering job.
  • Remember last material for building.
  • Allow to switch off auto change material ability.
  • Add “X units per day” or “produce untill x units are available” to food producing machines.
  • Implement farming skill.
  • Allow to switch default priority.
  • Stop shuffling categories in storage compactors.
  • Allow using refined metals for usual buildings.
  • Save and exit button.
  • Remove material delivery to broken building – when building breaks it requires material to repair, but does not increase its mass, meaning material annihilates? This is NOT right and should be changed.
  • Remove material vanish when dupes replace tiles. It still happens. Come on, stop it.
  • Add setting for making non-iluminated places darker.
  • Allow changing priority with keyboard

Structures and items:

• Gas/liquid type detectors.
  • Gas/liquid type detectors for internal vent/pipe usage.
  • Bottle emptiers for gasses(tho hatches currently eat gas bottles)
  • Pneumatic tubes for items. PLEASE.
  • Cristmas hat(Like dups know what is cristmas?)
  • Leisure buildings and room type.
  • Colored lamps
  • Motion sensors.
  • Battery charge sensor.
  • 1-tile doors/hatches.

Other:

• Create default area for idling dupes.
  • Perhaps, the immunity stat should improve when dupe recovers from disease, or is being ill – same as other stats.
  • Auto sweep and mop zones
  • More detailed item cards - descriptions to output and input type of building on its info card (newb friendly), for example: nat gas generator info card – add “spill” to polluted water, “vent” to carbon dioxide, “vent” to nat gas.
  • Change dup behavior when storing stuff - store resource closest to the point of pick up when sweeping.
  • Duplican-duplicant interaction.
  • Add zero priority for planning.
  • more details on skills attached to buildings.
  • Priority for jobs on each dupe.
  • Expand range for sensors. 

Firstly whats the point of this thread?

Secondly who are you to decide whats "Unreasonable, game breaking and not healthy suggestions" and the priority. That is the job of the community and the devs not one person. This thread is nothing more than your own personal opinion and thus will not and cannot reflect what the community thinks.

Yea, thats why i dont post ideasthat have implementations in game, like:

-------------

On 09.12.2017 at 9:40 AM, metallicapirate said:

One of the problems I've encountered in the game is the fact that there are things you can make that are four tiles tall but you can't reach to build tile at the 5th tile.  Basically, the people are two tiles tall, and have a max reach of two tiles, making the fourth tile the cutoff.  It would be a huge quality of life improvement if you could reach three tiles instead of two, so I can make proper four-tile tall rooms.

On 09.12.2017 at 1:14 PM, Oozinator said:

Every ceiling could be a floor. When you can walk on it, you can build on it.

Or ideas that are replied to be not needed:

On 16.12.2017 at 6:33 PM, Nekobi said:

Oh... I never saw that... They must have added it after and I didn't noticed.

Still, this doesn't make sense, I think? I sounds like the cheap tactic of adding a mechanic to something that already exists but isn't related.

Now I feel dumb x)

My post isn't really useful anymore now, mh.

Or other stuff like this where person requests more rangeand it can beresolved by simply building additional ladder.

And i probably will not post here ideas that are written in a way i cannot even understand- like in chinese or not explained properly.
And again i wrote "feel free to post reasonable ideas" here, i dont decide if ideais reasonable - the one who writes it decides whether its reasonable or not, i will add it if it does not  i dont have specific ideas that i will highlight in here, thats why i created this thread.

48 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Firstly whats the point of this thread?

Secondly who are you to decide whats "Unreasonable, game breaking and not healthy suggestions" and the priority. That is the job of the community and the devs not one person. This thread is nothing more than your own personal opinion and thus will not and cannot reflect what the community thinks.

Firstly: thread is made to summarize previously written ideas, so devs or whoever will not have to go on every page and read tonns of stuff filtering out ideas that community wants. 

Anyway i will make summarization threads, and will improve style and content. 

Maybe it comes into trend and someone else will be doing this too.

My personal opinion? Community decides?
I am part of the community. Yet i do filter out things community wants, and yes, my opinion influences what i write here(not without it), BUT it influences it in a little way because i DO understand that my opinion must not influence what i write when i write summarization.

What i do is decrease amount ofwork needed to sort out ideas by doing it.
Anyone can reply here so i will notice and include his idea anyway. Unless its "game-breaking...", but it still will be here.

Yet, priority can be changed if someone replies, because its not my Personal Thread.

51 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

...nothing more than your own personal opinion and thus will not and cannot reflect what the community thinks.

He seems to be a part of it..
When ppl (other parts of the community) suggest stuff and people like it(other parts of community), why not making/adding it into one informative thread?
The question is, "what is reasonable, at which point" and that makes it hard, to create such a thread(it seems).
The sensor stuff, or other automation things, are important for example, or slickster death temperature and other bits..
For a complete beginner, other more basic things could be of interest.
I understand not, why ppl are against it, when it could be useful. I had seen similar topics in other forums.

1. Automation layout doesn't show if Automation object is marked for deconstructing
2. Ore scrubber doesn't show Ventilation layout
3. Tool filter (Descontruct or Cancel) should keep its state during reload game
4. We should have Duplicants overall menu (so we can easily see their status, no need to switch one by one). Or at least somehow keep selected tab when switching between Duplicants (example, keep STATS tab when we switch from Duplicant to Duplicant)
5. I'm at cycle 600, my Duplicants get their Athletics to 26, but somehow Digging is still at 7 and Construction is at 13. Are there any issues with displaying their skill levels? or I can't level up their skill to maximum?
6. We should have flag feature, so that:
 + Assign a flag and all Duplicants will gathering around that flag 
 + Assign flags and Duplicants won't do anything around that flag such as digging/contructing (so they don't f*** up with slime)
7. I need improve overlay view, so that I can select what kind of resource can be show, Example
 + Oxygen overlay (F1): I can show which place has Chlorine, or Hydrogen (Currently, they're overlap to each others)
 + Power overlay (F2): I can show all machines which are made from Gold/Copper/Iron

3 hours ago, Oozinator said:

He seems to be a part of it..
When ppl (other parts of the community) suggest stuff and people like it(other parts of community), why not making/adding it into one informative thread?
The question is, "what is reasonable, at which point" and that makes it hard, to create such a thread(it seems).
The sensor stuff, or other automation things, are important for example, or slickster death temperature and other bits..
For a complete beginner, other more basic things could be of interest.
I understand not, why ppl are against it, when it could be useful. I had seen similar topics in other forums.

If he were treating it as a personal wish list then there wouldn't be a problem. But he is treating it as a community list, well who gave him the authority to do so? Every single decision on what idea gets included and what priority it gets is handled solely by one single person. Do you think this is a proper reflection of the community as a whole? 

1 hour ago, vovik said:

Hmm, no one made a community wishlist till now, so here it is? Blaming me? Sure.

I will change priority if someone asks me to change it, also priority is in ONI style, so why not :p

Why are you so angry, goddamit?

Because you have no authority to speak for the community. How would you feel if I proclaim myself as your president and ask you to pay 90% taxes?

28 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Because you have no authority to speak for the community. How would you feel if I proclaim myself as your president and ask you to pay 90% taxes?

Im not paid anything for listening to you.

If no one summarizes ideas there will be someone that does, if someone else would summarize ideas would you be annoying him like this?
in this case i am in role of summarizer.
If no one gives me role of talking from the community and no one will be talking i willgive the role to my self. Vacuum of demand should be filled.

32 minutes ago, vovik said:

Im not paid anything for listening to you.

If no one summarizes ideas there will be someone that does, if someone else would summarize ideas would you be annoying him like this?

Let me explain this again,

who decides what gets selected even if someone asked? YOU

who decides what priority it is given even if someone asked? YOU

This is NOT a community list, this is YOUR list. If you wanted a community list you would have asked the community for their input, put links to every single idea, ask people for how important they think each idea is, explain in detail how and why an idea is selected or not and why and how you gave it a priority number, etc...

Have you even asked the community anything? NO

Have you explained in detail how each and every idea got selected and why you rejected the ones you did? NO

Have you explained in detail how each and every idea gets a number? NO

All you did was put down ideas you think are cool and gave them a number based on what you think is important. 

22 hours ago, AlexRou said:

who decides what gets selected even if someone asked? YOU

Common sense and amount of work required to implement + amount of requests for feature.

who decides what priority it is given even if someone asked? YOU

Have you explained in detail how each and every idea gets a number? NO

Added grading explaination.

This is NOT a community list, this is YOUR list. If you wanted a community list you would have asked the community for their input, put links to every single idea, ask people for how important they think each idea is, explain in detail how and why an idea is selected or not and why and how you gave it a priority number, etc...

Found topic asking for ideas in one thread, implemented as summarization.

Have you even asked the community anything? NO

This is suggestions and feedback forum, am i supposed to ask here questions?
Also, am i supposed to ask community about need of topic for summarization if i find topic asking for summarizing ideas?

Have you explained in detail how each and every idea got selected and why you rejected the ones you did? NO

I already read what is planned in game code and look at items present in debug mode and i dont include ideas, suggesting things that are already planned or their implementation is partial in game, meaning that they are planned. Also i dont include ideas that have solution in game via using game mechanics because this is redaundant. Ideas that are out of place or turning game in totally another direction aside, balance breaking ideas aside - both can be done by modding. Ideas that ask for features that are removed because of bugs - aside.
Ideas that are making playing the game easier by removing annoying things in user interface - in here, Ideas, suggested by many people - here. Ideas that have partial implementation in game but done by hand but asking for automation - here.

I made a thread with idea summarization, still there are people that like this thread and people that dont, and im not going to abandon this thread untill i see that thee are more poeple that dislike idea of summarizing. 
I personally like critics, but your critics is blaming me mostly in things that i avoid to do. And i dont see it being constructive. 

If you dont like how i do it - do it yourself in a way you want to do it. I will be there criticizing you.

1 hour ago, vovik said:

I made a thread with idea summarization, still there are people that like this thread and people that dont, and im not going to abandon this thread untill i see that thee are more poeple that dislike idea of summarizing. 

This is not about a summary thread, this is about you treating it as a community thread. 

Do you not understand the difference? A community thread means a thread made by the community where the community decides everything. This is a thread made by you with decisions made by you and no input from the community. 

So please stop treating it as a community thread and start saying and treating it as your thread.

FYI That one person asking for a summary thread licked my posts so what does that tell you?

Okay, personally for you it is MY thread, treat it as MY thread, calmed down?  

24 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

This is not about a summary thread, this is about you treating it as a community thread. 

Do you not understand the difference? A community thread means a thread made by the community where the community decides everything. This is a thread made by you with decisions made by you and no input from the community. 

So please stop treating it as a community thread and start saying and treating it as your thread.

Forum allows to make a thread, if people need summarization thread people will exhibit atleast one request, community and mods dont make a summary thread(because of laziness) - so what? - someone else makes a thread where he pulls ideas, and yet because of forum system limitations it will be his personal thread. Tho it will be community thread if treated by creator like one.
Jeez, so toxic human.

1 hour ago, AlexRou said:

.. A community thread means a thread made by the community where the community decides everything. This is a thread made by you with decisions made by you and no input from the community.

So far as i understand, he is part of community and when i follow your logic, everything is now, how it should be?
You decided/voted against and he voted for it. Could it be made from more community? You gave him some input, for his democratic approach.
My input could not be counted, because i am completely neutral.(because santa hats was added so late)

2 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

So far as i understand, he is part of community and when i follow your logic, everything is now, how it should be?

Not until every single idea has input from the community will it be a true community thread. That's the thing I was trying to get him to understand, if you don't ask the community what they think of every idea and explain in detail how you got to the conclusion you did for each idea individually then that is not representing the community, that is representing you own personal interest.

Anyways I'm tired of the back and forth so I'll take my leave here.

Archived