Can Dirt Be Found Outside The Start Biome?

10 minutes ago, vonVile said:

I ran out of dirt with my current build and need some for the computer to get the Tube research finished. Thanx!

No.

The only way to get dirt once you've run out of the starting biome supply, without resorting to cooking materials in magma, is from polluted dirt that have gassed off completely, ie. lost half it's initial mass as PO2. Polluted dirt is generated by rot piles, outhouses, and water sieves. 

54 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

No.

The only way to get dirt once you've run out of the starting biome supply, without resorting to cooking materials in magma, is from polluted dirt that have gassed off completely, ie. lost half it's initial mass as PO2. Polluted dirt is generated by rot piles, outhouses, and water sieves. 

Don't you get normal dirt from boiling polluted water? Or have I misread that somewhere

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

Don't you get normal dirt from boiling polluted water? Or have I misread that somewhere

Forgot about that. Cheers. It's 0.1% IIRC or 1g per 1kg boiled so not really interesting compared to the other solutions mentioned above but it's a possibility at least.

5 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Forgot about that. Cheers. It's 0.1% IIRC or 1g per 1kg boiled so not really interesting compared to the other solutions mentioned above but it's a possibility at least.

By the time you get far enough in the game you're running out of dirt, you're probably going to want to start thinking about boiling polluted water anyway, so not an awful idea.

10 hours ago, eloy2030 said:

why are u running out of dirt?

Yes, I always procrastinate when it comes to food supply and wait to the last moment to switch to Mushrooms. Since Tubes weren't around yet I didn't have a need to keep dirt with all research complete, so I just used it all on Mushbars.

45 minutes ago, vonVile said:

Yes, I always procrastinate when it comes to food supply and wait to the last moment to switch to Mushrooms. Since Tubes weren't around yet I didn't have a need to keep dirt with all research complete, so I just used it all on Mushbars.

how many cycles did u feed bars to the poor souls?

On 12/22/2017 at 3:08 AM, GuyPerfect said:

Or fed it all to the Hatches to produce Coal

first of all, just feed your Hatches igneous rocks cuz there are loads of that stuff and exists in every biome anyway.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:28 PM, vonVile said:

I don't recall exactly, but its usually over 300 Cycles.

second of all, that is truly ridiculous! 

Archived