99% Exosuit Usage?

So the other day I saw someone's base on Twitch (didn't catch the streamer) and it looked like they set up single dupe barracks quarters and had their dupes equip an Exosuit the moment they left their rooms. 

What would the advantage/disadvantage to this be?  The barracks were more set up like apartments with all amenities they might need (shower/sink/lavatory).  So aside from central mess hall eating and infirmary rooms, I'm guessing their dupes were in the suits 99% of the time and thus fed oxygen throughout the entire map. I would think this would give your dupes a much more hearty buff being able to almost all but ignore air quality and environment temperatures map wide. I saw the thread on temps/oxygen building up in the suits but aside from that...would this be a good idea to "minify" the amount of effort that goes into building a life support system base wide? 

Thoughts?  

The obvious benefits I can think of are reduced CO2, reduced toilet usage (less polluted water/oxygen), no disease, no wetness stress debuffs, no damage for freezing or overheating, no temperature related debuffs. Exosuits are great.

With all that in mind you could also role play a base under the sea, it's better down where it's wetter take it from me.

image.thumb.png.a68bcd23a00e1d6a3bba5e8dc0b1ea54.png

18 minutes ago, Moggles said:

The obvious benefits I can think of are reduced CO2, reduced toilet usage (less polluted water/oxygen), no disease, no wetness stress debuffs, no damage for freezing or overheating, no temperature related debuffs. Exosuits are great.

With all that in mind you could also role play a base under the sea, it's better down where it's wetter take it from me.

image.thumb.png.a68bcd23a00e1d6a3bba5e8dc0b1ea54.png

Rapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapturerapture

What? I didn't say anything...:3

The benefit to this is that you never have to worry about heat, stress, suffocating problems. You can send them all over the map and not worry about a thing.

Oil biome too hot? Who cares. :D

Digging in a Slime biome? Who cares. :D

Digging in an Ice biome? Who cares. :D

You dupe fell and got stuck? Who cares. :D

I have my bases built with single bedrooms and then a hallway corridor for them to exit into. At the end they have to wear exosuits to get out. I have two oxygen system going - one for the exodocks and the other for the environment. You can probably check my saves I have posted in other forum threads. Not sure if they'll work with the new updates.

The exosuits will last your dupe a day and maybe a quarter? Long enough before you have to worry about anything.

I use that too and what i really like, is the fact that every dupe could design his own artworks and every room gets a very very individual touch...
I like too that they no longer idle in "silly zones", but it makes the game to easy, if you ask me.
Exos are maintarget now (for me) and when i have them, all problems are gone..

exo99.jpg

I have a relatively open base layout.  Each 'exit' has a docking station followed by an air lock.  As I clean up the area, I move the docking stations.  I ran into a problem once where I couldn't refill the suits fast enough.  The dupes would then shed the suit when it ran out of oxygen... and promptly suffocate.

What about the Athletics debuff? Wouldn't this slow down far away projects by a significant amount? Or are you depending on tubes (super late game) to travel long distances?

How early in the game would you recommend to switch to all exosuits?

Archived