Gases arrangement base on weight/density

Got curious. It's common sense that some gases are lighter than other gases. (Example: Oxygen is lighter than Carbon dioxide)

However, debug mode showed a lot more gases than I knew about, so a small request:

Can someone show me the arrangement of gases base on weight from lightest to heaviest?

3 minutes ago, Hechicera said:

I built my own fractionator for mid-game. Lots of areas with 2-4 gases, and I can just pipe it there for sorting. Great for lower electric as I use less gas filters, but can make for some longer pipes.

Just make a mechanical filter. Much easier.

Also, you can't sort polluted oxygen from clean oxygen by gravity as they are exactly the same.

Mine was mechanical, just organized. I know I can wait for gravity, but sometimes I am impatient. I find it efficient for clearing rooms after sealing them once I have the better doors. I'm not terribly concerned about the polluted sort then as I'm likely using the deoderizers to start handing the effects of dupes going out with basic doors and no suits to explore. I play explore heavy. I am impatient since my expansion needs in that stage are often temperature based. I have enough spare power to sort gases, but no solutions at that stage for heat problems. I can see once I have the heat solutions worked out that it becomes less useful.

One thing that bugs me with gravity (which is not relevant to gameplay) is carbon dioxide vs chlorine gas. Game gravity sorts the carbon dioxide below chlorine gas, but the specific gravity and weight of chlorine gas is heavier. So it did not work as expected.

10 hours ago, Hechicera said:

I built my own fractionator for mid-game. Lots of areas with 2-4 gases, and I can just pipe it there for sorting. Great for lower electric as I use less gas filters, but can make for some longer pipes.

Well, I know that some gas exist,but I was also curious with the gas state of certain "metals" which can't be obtain easily in a real game. Even if you do, pumping them wouldn't be easy since they're too hot and might even end up liquifiying (or solidify) in lower temperatures. I tried, but my work might be wrong that's why it happened.

I might as for the liquid ver. soon (with the molten stuff) but I might find that thing myself if I have the time.

On 4.12.2017 at 9:31 AM, Risu said:
  1. Hydrogen
  2. Helium
  3. CarbonGas
  4. ContaminatedOxygen
  5. Oxygen
  6. Methane
  7. Steam
  8. PhosphorusGas
  9. ChlorineGas
  10. CarbonDioxide
  11. Propane
  12. RockGas
  13. SteelGas
  14. IronGas
  15. CopperGas
  16. TungstenGas
  17. GoldGas
  18. MercuryGas

Since when do we have helium in oni

10 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Did you read the list? It lists all gases that are currently in debug mode regardless if they are in or even can be made in survival mode.

Is the implementation

On 12/4/2017 at 12:31 AM, Risu said:

gas weight list

Are the current implementations of these gasses commonly produced in ONI realistic in terms of their counterparts? Just curious, one reason I am fascinated by the game is due to the physics with the gasses and water, obviously, there are limitations and oversights in every game though.

Would love to know if I'm actually learning something about gasses in a passive sense, I mean, most people know that the weight of gasses and liquids have various weights and separate or intermingle. Speaking of which, I want to see some stuff float in water, I don't know why, but I suddenly want floating stuff in ONI water ponds. steamsad

Stress relief for dupes, have a swim, have a float in an interrtube or a lovely floating garden. I'm not sure, I've heard mention of some sort of aqueduct type utilities that haven't been implemented, but I want that too. Get me some water slides!! I know it's not realistic and this isn't roller coaster tycoon or something, just a fun thought, some late, late, late polish perhaps.

40 minutes ago, eggsvbacon said:

Would love to know if I'm actually learning something about gasses in a passive sense, I mean, most people know that the weight of gasses and liquids have various weights and separate or intermingle. Speaking of which, I want to see some stuff float in water, I don't know why, but I suddenly want floating stuff in ONI water ponds. steamsad

Yes and no.  I guess for game balance reasons, some of the gases in ONI don't follow their real-life counter-parts exactly in terms of what's heavier then another.  For example, chlorine gas should be heavier then CO2 because it nearly always bonds with itself, producing a diatomic molecule.  Also, natural gas is mostly made of methane and should be lighter then O2.  Same thing for steam, H2O in gas form is definitely lighter then O2.  How do you think the clouds stay up there?  :D

Archived