Help! Saving progress

Hi - I’m new to the game and playing on my PS3 so this maybe a dumb question. I’ve been playing for 3 days now and don’t understand what’s the point of saving the game if everything is wiped out if I die.  Is it just in case you need to shut down or am I missing something obvious??. I made it to 6 days yesterday then I died and I started again from day 1. 

2 minutes ago, Szncor said:

So that’s it? Even If you’re in day 23,767 if you die you start from Day 1? That  can’t be!

Yes. It's called a roguelike.
You can make things such as Life Giving Amulets, Meat Effigies, or find Touch Stones to resurrect you upon death, however.
If you're playing with friends they can sacrifice 40 health to make a Telltale Heart which will revive you also.

3 minutes ago, Szncor said:

So that’s it? Even If you’re in day 23,767 if you die you start from Day 1? That  can’t be!

If you make it to that (maybe even a bit earlier if you're good), you can make life giving amulets or meat effigies to revive you. Or you can use touchstones.

Ouch! It’s going to be a tough game! And here I am complaining at dying on day 6! I will be miserable if it happens in day 100! Lol.  Good to know though... I thought I was missing something. And I’m playing alone so I will need the life amulets, etc. Ouch again!

17 minutes ago, Szncor said:

Ouch! It’s going to be a tough game! And here I am complaining at dying on day 6! I will be miserable if it happens in day 100! Lol.  Good to know though... I thought I was missing something. And I’m playing alone so I will need the life amulets, etc. Ouch again!

You dont need the amulets and stuff, you just need to play more, know about the game, learn tips tricks and tactics how to base and deal with monsters in general, survive all the seasons.

Just ask anything ppl here tend to help  a lot.

19 minutes ago, Szncor said:

hello from day 2280

Hmmm im wondering are you playing don’t starve together on ps3 ?! Is it possible to play with me on ps4 ? If it is that would be great not having to pay for plus subscription. 

Btw I’m currently on day 1620s and still have some troubles staying alive sometimes when i fight bosses and sometimes i roll back server it might be cheating but hey! Who doesn’t do that ? 

2 hours ago, diego_arabian said:

Hmmm im wondering are you playing don’t starve together on ps3 ?! Is it possible to play with me on ps4 ? If it is that would be great not having to pay for plus subscription. 

Btw I’m currently on day 1620s and still have some troubles staying alive sometimes when i fight bosses and sometimes i roll back server it might be cheating but hey! Who doesn’t do that ? 

How do you roll the server back?

10 hours ago, Szncor said:

How do you roll the server back?

Only on DST you can roll back the server at least on PC, i mean u can restart from a any of the past 5 days.

13 hours ago, diego_arabian said:

Who doesn’t do that ? 

Its ok to rollback the server specially when you worked so hard and you die in a stupid way.

Some times i die cuz i stand near a tentacle and i alt+tab, or because my beefalo is on mate season and i dont notice and he kills me.

Also you can just practice bosses rolling back, when you get a lot experience you can just not rollback anymore, if you die you start over.

3 hours ago, Jurgens said:

Only on DST you can roll back the server at least on PC, i mean u can restart from a any of the past 5 days.

Its ok to rollback the server specially when you worked so hard and you die in a stupid way.

Some times i die cuz i stand near a tentacle and i alt+tab, or because my beefalo is on mate season and i dont notice and he kills me.

Also you can just practice bosses rolling back, when you get a lot experience you can just not rollback anymore, if you die you start over.

Oh well. I use ps3 so I’m doing it the hard way! Thanks!

Archived