Exosuits and copper ore

So I figured "Copper Ore is useless" so I mashed it all to copper (planning to use iron or gold for everything and with the only choice of "continuous or +1 I figured I would fire and forget on copper)

Then I decide I need a few more exosuits ...and....it turns out they need copper ore, and ONLY copper ore with no way to select something else.

So, no more copper ore, and it is only in starting biome, and I need exosuits.

Dang...these is not good.

You can also deconstruct the ruins around the world for copper ore and some refined copper.  So that's an option too.  You would need to hit up a few ruins to have enough for an exosuit or two but if you refined it all that's the only copper available outside the starting biome.

4 minutes ago, mi3f said:

You can also deconstruct the ruins around the world for copper ore and some refined copper.  So that's an option too.  You would need to hit up a few ruins to have enough for an exosuit or two but if you refined it all that's the only copper available outside the starting biome.

I found a ruin with copper mesh tile but deconstruct is a no go.

Just now, chemie said:

I found a ruin with copper mesh tile but deconstruct is a no go.

There are ruins with copper wire that is indeed deconstructable.  I wasn't really talking specifically about the floor mesh tiles, I've never tried to deconstruct them :p

20 hours ago, mi3f said:

There are ruins with copper wire that is indeed deconstructable.  I wasn't really talking specifically about the floor mesh tiles, I've never tried to deconstruct them :p

I did.  It does not work.

Edit: It did work; I had a missing ladder to access.  This got me lots of copper.  Thx

10 hours ago, chemie said:

I did.  It does not work.

That must have been a change in the Auto Update, then.  Previously you could deconstruct the Wires to all the broken Light Fixtures from inside the ceiling Ruins Tiles, as well as the Insulted Tiles and Mesh Tiles in the various Ruins.  In particular, the one that spawns in the Heat Biome, with the Morb and the pool of clean Water inside it that has the row of Mesh Tiles all the way across.

51 minutes ago, Daxterr said:

you gotta have some copper wires from early on in the game don't you?

He refined it all, so he has none. Short of debugging it into the game or finding some machines made out of it he has no hope.

I use my copper solely for starting electronics, and exo suits, Iron for buildings and Gold for refining, I keep some gold for buildings in hot environments.

4 hours ago, Daxterr said:

you gotta have some copper wires from early on in the game don't you?

Sadly, I had already replaced those and that was part of the copper I mashed.

It is OK.  I have enough exosuits; just can build another station that would have been nice.  My concern is more the fact that they require a resource that is only in starting biome but it is easy to deplete even without mashing like stupid me.

16 hours ago, Angelix said:

copper is not useless. its 2nd conductive raw metal after wolframite

sure so use wolf when you want conductive.  Once you have all the metals, don;t you just min/max and the stuff in the middle is useless?

3 minutes ago, Risu said:

Even wolframite is useless for plumbing now since we can refine it into tungsten for 4x the conductivity.

but is essentially the same as gold....although copper ore does bring high heat capacity to the table but iron beats it there too.

Just now, Risu said:

Gold isn't a plumbing material.

fair enough; I was just looking at my handy-dandy heat capacity and thermal conductivity piece of paper as this has been an area of interest to see what are best materials for what.  Still trying to decide on best door materials for a three-door, two vacuum camber temperature isolation system.  Not sure if high or low heat capacity is best for the outer door (might depend on how frequent it cycles I think)

On 25/11/2017 at 5:16 PM, Risu said:

Even wolframite is useless for plumbing now since we can refine it into tungsten for 4x the conductivity.

Hmm so for cooling etc using liquid pipes Tungsten is better then? I never knew that but if so I am glad you told me before I built any cooling mechanisms

Archived