Exosuits and copper ore

On 27 ноября 2017 г. at 11:27 AM, BlueLance said:

Hmm so for cooling etc using liquid pipes Tungsten is better then? I never knew that but if so I am glad you told me before I built any cooling mechanisms

most of refined metals have conductivity 60(check wiki for details). and tungsteen are only refined metal you can use for pipes.

still there is problem with cooling, maximal conductivity of suitable for cooling liquids is 2(crude oil/petroleum). so any material for pipes more then 2  conductivity is not realy useful. still practical test shows wolframite superiority. maybe this is a bug or hidden mechanic.

On 25 ноября 2017 г. at 7:29 PM, chemie said:

fair enough; I was just looking at my handy-dandy heat capacity and thermal conductivity piece of paper as this has been an area of interest to see what are best materials for what.  Still trying to decide on best door materials for a three-door, two vacuum camber temperature isolation system.  Not sure if high or low heat capacity is best for the outer door (might depend on how frequent it cycles I think)

gold have minimal conductivity(raw metals). so its best for this

On 25 ноября 2017 г. at 5:57 PM, chemie said:

sure so use wolf when you want conductive.  Once you have all the metals, don;t you just min/max and the stuff in the middle is useless?

everything has its uses

Archived