Getting rid of Polluted Water?

Reed farms can soak up any arbitrary amount of PW. You won't get anything useful out of it, but they can be scaled indefinitely, so if you only want to remove it, go for reed farms.

You could also construct a giant offgasser. If you get it big enough, it may outpace your excess production. If you purge your world of slimelung, polluted oxygen will become safe.

Just now, StormHUN said:

No, I do have showers and skimmers right now, just saying that removing these would solve it short term (Actually showers are already disabled because my pipes clogged up) but this still doesn't provide me with a way of getting rid of larger amounts of Polluted Water.

And I would like to be able to use showers, lavatories and sinks for maxing bonuses.

Not having slicksters hurts as this means something lile 4-5 kg/s water right there.  With slickers you can run showers on about 20 fertilizers no problem.

Your only choices are sand (Which will last for 1000+ cycles or more fertilizers.  You consume more PW than you make with the Nat gas gens (and more power too).

Or as already suggested evaporate the PW.

17 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

3. u combine this 2 and use the heat from the steam to pre heat the water (after the repidizer).

Actually, I discovered that if you put the tepidizer in the right circumstance. Fed from below. Correct water pressure. Correct flow rate. And correct input water temperature you can get the tepidizer to never shut off, and never overheat either. Giving you water that is heated to over 112C when the input is 47C. That's also what automatically regulated my build. Higher or lower input water temperatures give lower output water temperatures from the preheater, so the trick was to build a distiller that is balanced around that sweet spot. 

50 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Actually, I discovered that if you put the tepidizer in the right circumstance. Fed from below. Correct water pressure. Correct flow rate. And correct input water temperature you can get the tepidizer to never shut off, and never overheat either. Giving you water that is heated to over 112C when the input is 47C. That's also what automatically regulated my build. Higher or lower input water temperatures give lower output water temperatures from the preheater, so the trick was to build a distiller that is balanced around that sweet spot. 

I´ll get into your build sooner rather than later

If you have Pufts, I would agree with allowing the P-H2O to off gas.  Set up a sealed chamber with a comb shape of Airflow Tiles, and at the very top of the comb put the Liquid Vent.  Overpressure will stop it from overfilling, but will keep the whole thing filled to allow the conversion rate to maximize.  Immediately below this assembly, add a row of Pneumatic Doors to contain the Pufts.

Finally, for your floor assembly, create a puddle of water for the Slime blobs to fall into, to prevent them from sublimating again.  Use this produced Slime to fertalize Mushrooms elsewhere.

1 hour ago, PhailRaptor said:

If you have Pufts, I would agree with allowing the P-H2O to off gas.  Set up a sealed chamber with a comb shape of Airflow Tiles, and at the very top of the comb put the Liquid Vent.  Overpressure will stop it from overfilling, but will keep the whole thing filled to allow the conversion rate to maximize.  Immediately below this assembly, add a row of Pneumatic Doors to contain the Pufts.

Finally, for your floor assembly, create a puddle of water for the Slime blobs to fall into, to prevent them from sublimating again.  Use this produced Slime to fertalize Mushrooms elsewhere.

I do a similar setup but I leave the slime there under the pufts, to generate even more po2.  Any reason you wouldn't do that?  I was under the impression that even at very high pressure, ph2o and slime keep off gasing at same rate...

2 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

I do a similar setup but I leave the slime there under the pufts, to generate even more po2.  Any reason you wouldn't do that?  I was under the impression that even at very high pressure, ph2o and slime keep off gasing at same rate...

If you're not collecting the Slime, what's the point of making a Slime farm?  O.o

2 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

If you're not collecting the Slime, what's the point of making a Slime farm?  O.o

I am collecting it for shrooms, but I don't bother putting in in compactors or anything, I let it there to produce more for the pufts. My slime depot is right under the shrooms.

image.thumb.png.f37273b4968484a7d7e2a834e7561fc6.png

Archived