Getting rid of Polluted Water?

My setup is almost perfectly self-sustainable except for one part: I generate a large amount of Polluted Water and I just can1t find any way to get rid of it.

I'm running 20 (!) Fertilizer Makers and it's not enough. I have Pincha Pepper and Thimble Reed farms but they also doN't use that much.

I'm not using Water Purifier given the limited amounts of Sand which I save for Deodorizers.

So what could I do? :/

MORE pincha pepper and thimble reed farms!

Also how are you generating the water? The trick is to have more consumers than producers and given time your polluted water reserves will go down. 

If you have the space and the power, you can try building the distillation systems featured here to boil the polluted water and convert it to clean water. 

18 minutes ago, Risu said:

Wouldn't call ~480000 kg to ~770000 kg of sand limited.

Well, having a fixed amount is the very definition of limited.You know, the opposite of un-limited.

My goal was to make the system completely self-sustainable, and since natgas and water are renewable I was focusing on those.

How are you generating this PW?  I would expect you are limited to less than 10 kg/s Which is limit of 2 water geysers.  Two places to avoid

1. No showers.  Not needed for dupes right now

2. No skimmers.  They use a lot of water but were obsoleted by slicksters.   A few slicksters can avoid 4+ skimmers.

Also 20 fertilizers does not sound too bad to me to get power gen.  I run about that even while sitting on 500t if coal.

24 minutes ago, StormHUN said:

Well, having a fixed amount is the very definition of limited.You know, the opposite of un-limited.

If running out of sand after 808.204 cycles of constant water distilling (in my worst test map) is a concern to you then yes it is limited. 6061.52 cycles worth of air deodorizing is the other option.

14 minutes ago, Risu said:

If running out of sand after 808.204 cycles of constant water distilling (in my worst test map) is a concern to you then yes it is limited. 6061.52 cycles worth of air deodorizing is the other option.

I get your point, I'm just saying I wanted to make it completely self-sustainable. That's my goal, for the challenge of it, to make a setup that in theory could run forever without manual intervention.

1 minute ago, StormHUN said:

I get your point, I'm just saying I wanted to make it completely self-sustainable. That's my goal, for the challenge of it, to make a setup that in theory could run forever without manual intervention.

I´m with u on this, I dont like to use sand either, that is, until we have a real way of generating it.

26 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Power is also pretty much unlimited, you have dupes which will produce 400W each, if you store their energy it can last through the night etc. 

Yes but then they are busy running the wheel, and I would need to triple my dupe count and have them all run in wheels to have enough power to run everything (eg I have several temperature controlled rooms to grow various plants).

My goal is to have a system that in theory can run indefinitely on its own as far as power and life support goes, and achieve that with a low number of dupes. Right now I have only 8 and would like to keep it that low.

The gas generators + fertilizer makers (and geysers) setup can be sized indefinitely as my power consumption grows, but that also increases my polluted water generation, and fertilizer makers don't consume enough (while keeping a positive energy balance).

21 minutes ago, chemie said:

How are you generating this PW?  I would expect you are limited to less than 10 kg/s Which is limit of 2 water geysers.  Two places to avoid

1. No showers.  Not needed for dupes right now

2. No skimmers.  They use a lot of water but were obsoleted by slicksters.   A few slicksters can avoid 4+ skimmers.

Also 20 fertilizers does not sound too bad to me to get power gen.  I run about that even while sitting on 500t if coal.

I'm looking for something that I can size as much as needed to use up the water, so getting rid of the skimmers and showers is only a short term solution, as the water from natgas generators cannot be avoided as I add more generators.

Slickters I don't have, because they all died due to a bug (probably fixed by now but this is an older world). :(

5 minutes ago, StormHUN said:

Yes but then they are busy running the wheel, and I would need to triple my dupe count and have them all run in wheels to have enough power to run everything (eg I have several temperature controlled rooms to grow various plants).

My goal is to have a system that in theory can run indefinitely on its own as far as power and life support goes, and achieve that with a low number of dupes. Right now I have only 8 and would like to keep it that low.

The gas generators + fertilizer makers (and geysers) setup can be sized indefinitely as my power consumption grows, but that also increases my polluted water generation, and fertilizer makers don't consume enough (while keeping a positive energy balance).

well, it really is quite abundant.

2 nat geysers and 2 oil wells can generate up to 12 kw. And that is without carbon skimmers.

Edit: That is the balance after power consumption from running it. (Saturns manged to distill 10kg/s, - more than u can produce- using only around 2500w)

In other words:

You can have infinite water (and thus Oxygen), infinite gas (and thus power), you can have infinite food, and you can get rid of CO2 infinitely as well.

All I'm missing is a sizable solution to get rid of Polluted Water infinitely, because Purifiers and Fertilizer makers both need power that means more generators that means more polluted water.

2 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

2 nat geysers + 2 oil wells = 17.6 fert makers to get rid of all the poluted water. (with out skimmers)

But you´ll need 7.46 sliksters to get rid of the CO2.

Edit: and that leaves you with a net of 12kw

I guess I have to start a new world in the end, where there are still slicksters (here they all died from a bug in Beta).

But then I guess I should just wait for the next Beta update, should be due in a day.

3 minutes ago, eloy2030 said:

2 nat geysers + 2 oil wells = 17.6 fert makers to get rid of all the poluted water. (with out skimmers)

But you´ll need 7.46 sliksters to get rid of the CO2.

Edit: and that leaves you with a net of 12kw

What's up with the water tho? Oil wells need a ****ton of it.

while I´ve been experimenting with it, I really recomend u to follow the link saturns left. he´s way better than me.

That said, U got to have 3 things in mind. (besides the fact that the only way is aquetuner ATM)

1. U´ll want to pre heat the water - trepidizer.

2. U´ll want to cool down the steam

3. u combine this 2 and use the heat from the steam to pre heat the water (after the repidizer).

hope this helps. 

28 minutes ago, StormHUN said:

I'm looking for something that I can size as much as needed to use up the water, so getting rid of the skimmers and showers is only a short term solution, as the water from natgas generators cannot be avoided as I add more generators.

Slickters I don't have, because they all died due to a bug (probably fixed by now but this is an older world). :(

Nat gas gens generator fairly small amount of PW.  Are you saying these are only things feeding those 20 fertilizers?

2 minutes ago, chemie said:

Nat gas gens generator fairly small amount of PW.  Are you saying these are only things feeding those 20 fertilizers?

No, I do have showers and skimmers right now, just saying that removing these would solve it short term (Actually showers are already disabled because my pipes clogged up) but this still doesn't provide me with a way of getting rid of larger amounts of Polluted Water.

And I would like to be able to use showers, lavatories and sinks for maxing bonuses.

Archived