Why do PC gamers get Feature Snubbed?

PS4 players get Local Co-Op, but PC players aren't allowed to have local Co-Op. Why is that?

Why do PC customers get Feature Snubbed like that? There are plenty pf PC gamers with friends, children, and significant others that we'd like to play games with.

Why is it that PC gamers can play with someone in another country, but not someone in the same room?

Ok, Yeah I know about LAN but that's extremely niche, LAN isn't Local, it's expensive, it's complicated to set up, it takes up a lot of space, and it's not practical for most people.

The pc version is getting snubbed because its lacking features? What about some of the things that other platforms lack like...

Steam Community Market

Steam trading

Mods

Public Beta's

Priority of Updates (The only thing we got later than a console to my knowledge is Winona. She was exclusive to Xbox for around 12 hours.)

Don't need to pay monthly for online multiplayer

I mean Steam is missing some functionality that other platforms have (Like splitscreen and rose skins) but the Steam pc version has so much exclusive content and gets priority treatment over other platforms. AFAIK We got our Bumble Staffs months before Tencent got their Rose Staffs.

Honestly, not having split screen for PC games is fairly common. PC setups are usually sitting on a desk built for one person while consoles are often in the living room with seating for multiple people. I'm not saying the PC shouldn't have it, but it just seems even more niche then LAN is...

4 hours ago, JanosValentine said:

LAN isn't Local

If the L doesn't mean local then what dose it mean? Lazy? Lunatic? ...Lemons?

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, not having split screen for PC games is fairly common. PC setups are usually sitting on a desk built for one person while consoles are often in the living room with seating for multiple people. I'm not saying the PC shouldn't have it, but it just seems even more niche then LAN is...

If the L doesn't mean local then what dose it mean? Lazy? Lunatic? ...Lemons?

Limbo xD

What do you usually sit on when you use a console. A couch or bed.

What do you usually sit on when you use a computer. A chair.

Average body capacity per bed or couch = 2-4

Average body capacity per chair = 1

Splitscreen requires = 2+

Chair capacity is = 1

Final result = Half Life 3 confirmed

Logic.

12 hours ago, The Curator said:

What do you usually sit on when you use a console. A couch or bed.

What do you usually sit on when you use a computer. A chair.

Average body capacity per bed or couch = 2-4

Average body capacity per chair = 1

Splitscreen requires = 2+

Chair capacity is = 1

Final result = Half Life 3 confirmed

Logic.

You could have multiple keyboards, or heck, even controllers attached to PC (I've done it once). It all depends on how you lay it out. Your PC can act like a console if you give yourself the room for it.

You would have basically two people playing from the same account and that can create potential problems, but none that can't be worked around (e.g. if skins are account-based, then both players could equip the skins in LAN split-screen, if it's from the same account).

Archived