[Lore] Are we the Bad Guys?

WilliamGreywind

If that's that case, the Pig King and Pugna are gonna have a REEEAAAALLLLY awkward meeting... seeing as the Pig King kinda deserted his home to rule in the constant... becoming more and more complacent, lazy, and ignorant... he even lost the ability to speak... while Pugna and his men kept honing their bodies and their minds to prepare for their assault on the Hub... 

There is one itsy tiny bit that Pugna mentions that kinda disables the possibility for a charlie fight, quoting Pugna on this one

• "I wonder"
  • "Do you even understand the forces you serve?"
  • "They destroy all they touch."
  • "Yet They Themselves are untouchable."
  • "Unknowable."

It seems like Charlie beeing the queen of the Nightmare throne is invincible acording to Pugna, but yet she can destroy anything she wants...

14 minutes ago, DragonflyTheGiant said:

There is one itsy tiny bit that Pugna mentions that kinda disables the possibility for a charlie fight, quoting Pugna on this one

• "I wonder"
  • "Do you even understand the forces you serve?"
  • "They destroy all they touch."
  • "Yet They Themselves are untouchable."
  • "Unknowable."

It seems like Charlie beeing the queen of the Nightmare throne is invincible acording to Pugna, but yet she can destroy anything she wants...

Nah, "They" are not Charlie. "They" are the entity behind everything before Maxwell & Charlie even came to the Constant.

8 hours ago, DragonflyTheGiant said:

Then it's a fair fight.

But nah, seriously, we're probably doing these forge events to get stronger, why else would the Ancient Gateway drop us off convincingly in the middle of a battle arena. Unless we miss a few stages (animated short pls Klei? :D) 

39 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

But nah, seriously, we're probably doing these forge events to get stronger, why else would the Ancient Gateway drop us off convincingly in the middle of a battle arena. Unless we miss a few stages (animated short pls Klei? :D) 

I could disagree with that, Winona for example didn't just hop into the gateway to join the constant. Besides According to Pugna the Gateway has access to all dimensions, why would we particullary land in the forge? It's defo not to get stronger, I'd rather say its an accident, we've seen how the gateway works so far in our dimension.
Unstable
I bet it was just some sorts of a pull from the gateway just how Winona got transported here. I'm still unsure why The Forge Dimension is our Landing Spot, but as we all know The Queen is the most powerful piece on the chessboard and she can be just using us for something.
The question remains to what are we used for

1 minute ago, DragonflyTheGiant said:

I could disagree with that, Winona for example didn't just hop into the gateway to join the constant. Besides According to Pugna the Gateway has access to all dimensions, why would we particullary land in the forge? It's defo not to get stronger, I'd rather say its an accident, we've seen how the gateway works so far in our dimension.
Unstable
I bet it was just some sorts of a pull from the gateway just how Winona got transported here. I'm still unsure why The Forge Dimension is our Landing Spot, but as we all know The Queen is the most powerful piece on the chessboard and she can be just using us for something.
The question remains to what are we used for

It's possible its Charlie doing it, she does have somewhat of a split personality. She could be trying to help us! Maybe being the queen of all shadows isn't what its cracked up to be, and wants us to stop her or more importantly, "Them". Or shes using us to eliminate any competition.

As for what we're used for? Well, people got pulled into the Constant for a reason, and that reason hasn't been told for years. Maybe to stop them. Maybe to serve them. 

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to more lore, it's getting REAL juicy.

2 hours ago, Ashkain said:

It's possible its Charlie doing it, she does have somewhat of a split personality. She could be trying to help us! Maybe being the queen of all shadows isn't what its cracked up to be, and wants us to stop her or more importantly, "Them". Or shes using us to eliminate any competition.

As for what we're used for? Well, people got pulled into the Constant for a reason, and that reason hasn't been told for years. Maybe to stop them. Maybe to serve them. 

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to more lore, it's getting REAL juicy.

We're here to entertain Them, just like how Maxwell did the kidnapping for Them. Charlie is pretty much the same but she can do more, being the Queen. It is easier for them to see her as even more loyal than the previous kings and queens. Since she has a split personality, she is still good (sometimes). Her sending us to the forge is a win-win thing, They are entertained while we are being trained for future fights and events. Therefore, Charlie could be on our side (to some extent only).

What are we being prepared for? Idk. Maybe a rebellion alongside the many races inside the Constant. Maybe a restitution of the Ancients. Maybe even Them facing retribution at our hands. Who knows? (Klei does)

Archived