Re-introducing, Renamon!

Hello Everyone!

After this mods first release, 3 years ago and a less then favorable release for don't starve together, I present to you...rena.png.7cf081d558044e1dac6be4fe79d9848

The Rookie Digimon

I have remastered My mod from the ground up to include some pretty radical stuff!

a whole new voice and sounds staring the Shamisen!

some of the most notable stuff is....FULLY CUSTOM ANIMATIONS

I believe this is the first don't starve mod with fully custom run animations alone!

and yes, BEEFALOS WORK!

all hand animated and hand drawn with new assets, this took about a year of time to work on the animations hand animating everything alone (I still have the scmls to show for it too) then a good chunk of time to code it all in!

all of the animations were animated in spriter then placed into game! (except the run which was frame by frame animated then broken apart in photoshop)

xOxbP.gif

there are custom animations for tons of stuff,

some I can name off the top of my head are

• running
  • jumping into wormholes
  • mining
  • cutting trees
  • dancing
  • talking
  • idles
  • sleeping...ect

along with the mods custom animations the whole deal has new artwork and a brand spanking new model!

For a whole slew of information on the game-play elements I've added take a gander at the mods.....

working information base -->*HERE*<--

We have transformations, animations, items, structures and more

unfortunately, some things don't fit too well such as klei worn item skins, which all clothing, worn items and weapons have been disabled because of the addition of the custom animations.

it's been a wild 3 years since I first made this for don't starve, I've learned to code, draw better, seen mods pop up and I couldn't have done any of it without this forum. Below is a time-lapse from the original all the way to the finished version.

progress.thumb.png.a695a20f0d154d0ae83be7e7bcb82844.png

You can get the mod (Here) for steam's workshop  or (Here) via klei's downloads

I would love to help boost the amount of players using the mod as since time has passed, It gets no traffic on the steam workshop. I hope you all enjoy this as much As I enjoyed making it for everyone.

Thank you, Renamons Revenge.

Edited by Renamon
added a timelapse

I just want to congratulate you on your mod, I remember when you first posted about it and it being a bit of a buggy mess.

i especially remember the floating gloves whenever you tried to make the character wear something so congratulations on really improving your mod instead of leaving it rot like so many mod characters.

Thank you all for your amazing kind comments!

At times during the modding process (especially when I had to recreate Wilson's run animation from scratch) I often pondered if doing any of it would be worth it, reading the kind feedback assures me it was. truly thank you all.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Thank you for doing a different body type. IT makes me aspire to reach something similar with my future mods. I'd love to see more taller characters in mods.

The problem with the height in characters is when you change the entire build you are restricted to the animations klei has provided. To have different builds that are out of the "wilson" format you need different "symbols"; The games current animations don't really stick or bake well so you need to sort of have a plan two, my whole plan two was creating all the animations from scratch in spriter..

it's really hard to explain deeper because of the way things are compiled, the whole process in major depth would be something around the lines of saying technical doodads like, the x y and z axis of the image arm_upper on symbol  *this is a dummy symbol* quick_eat frame 152/ 200  didn't align correctly with the games flash exported pivot points and caused a duplicate error. where the arm is new missing and you get the head in place of the arm.  (this was an actual error I had with stuff just said differently)

Edited by Renamon

7 hours ago, Renamon said:

; The games current animations don't really stick or bake well so you need to sort of have a plan two, my whole plan two was creating all the animations from scratch in spriter..

I actually want to use Maxwell's anatomy for my two mods I'd like to plan in the future but you actually did your own anatomy from scratch. It's commendable.

On 10/3/2017 at 12:24 PM, minespatch said:

I actually want to use Maxwell's anatomy for my two mods I'd like to plan in the future but you actually did your own anatomy from scratch. It's commendable.

If you are going to make a model out of the original don't starve, you will have to limit your character do doing animations off of the base game and prevent the character from doing actions off don't starve together if its being ported. this was one of the issues I had and one of the reasons It was so hard to get everything working, many if not 80% of animations were missing and needed to be remastered. on top of that, skins such as clothing used a different image/symbol name causing custom animations to have tons of issues (like the torso not doing what I wanted it to and having floating gloves).