Winona Character Power?

I know that we know Winona's personal item, mending tape, but characters with personal items also have a personal ability. (Lucy is an axe that doesn't break but Woodie also has the Werebeaver, for example.) Do we know what her actual power is yet? 

I vaguely recall something about her being able to avoid one hit from Charlie but that sounds useless enough to probably be a placeholder. 

Woodie also can chop trees twice as fast. It's his own abilty. Lucy is just infinite twice effective axe

I think ability to dodge one hit is just little con, to make her feel more like charlie's sister. She obviously will have her own ablility.  Who knows, maybe she can build machines or something. God, can't wait for release

Awfully hypocritical for the DS community to complain, even though they had RoG first.  Were free copies of DST, loyal skins, and member titles for participation in DLC reveal puzzles not enough?  I even hear some of them flaunt that they have Shipwrecked despite not actually playing it!  The nerve!

I hope she will be some kind of tank like = -25 % dmg taken or +25% hp for all items she wears . Because for now WX is kinda the best tank (a lot of hp) . True in DS/DST is better to dodge attacks but I like tanks :D . But oh well it's 12 we will know for sure tommorw .

1 hour ago, 1v0 said:

I hope she will be some kind of tank like = -25 % dmg taken or +25% hp for all items she wears . Because for now WX is kinda the best tank (a lot of hp) . True in DS/DST is better to dodge attacks but I like tanks :D . But oh well it's 12 we will know for sure tommorw .

actually Wigfrid is the best tank now because of her 25% damage reduction and lifesteal (and 25% more damage as cherry on the top)

She is the best character for sustain fight

Just now, landromat said:

we know she can dodge charlies attacks somehow

That was mentioned in null text in the speech files yes, besides her barks for when she gets attacked by Charlie it mentions she gets a free hit.

The strings can still be found at the bottom of the topic post here, 

2 hours ago, landromat said:

actually Wigfrid is the best tank now because of her 25% damage reduction and lifesteal (and 25% more damage as cherry on the top)

She is the best character for sustain fight

No, because Wolfgang's damage is so much higher that he always comes out ahead.

7 minutes ago, Toros said:

No, because Wolfgang's damage is so much higher that he always comes out ahead.

tank and damage dealer are different things. Wolfgang still needs healing. Wigfrid only needs food

* but yeah, Wolfgang is overpowered as hell i wish to see bright future where his max damage is about 150- 175% so people can choose something besides him

2 hours ago, landromat said:

we know she can dodge charlies attacks somehow

I'm probably way off, but I was thinking if her personal powers revolved around dodging attacks (besides the mending tape) it would be pretty neat, let's say, she RNG dodges 1/10 of all incoming attacks when sane, and scales up to 4/10 hits when completely insane. Add a 1 free hit from Charlie.
Again, just a random thought...

Just now, ShadowDuelist said:

I'm probably way off, but I was thinking if her personal powers revolved around dodging attacks (besides the mending tape) it would be pretty neat, let's say, she RNG dodges 1/10 of all incoming attacks when sane, and scales up to 4/10 hits when completely insane. Add a 1 free hit from Charlie.
Again, just a random thought...

all i know from my big computer games expirience, mechanics based on RNG are almost always bad.

i hope she will not use combat abilities, i see her like support charactrer, something like Wicker

RNG is a great tool for some things, but i'm not fan of it for things like combat. I also hope that she will offers nice things for something else than combat, we already have very powerful combat character, and it's hard to make a place for a new character, when you have more space in other fields.

(RNG is great for me when it comes to diversity, like set piece and stuff like this)

1 hour ago, landromat said:

tank and damage dealer are different things. Wolfgang still needs healing. Wigfrid only needs food

* but yeah, Wolfgang is overpowered as hell i wish to see bright future where his max damage is about 150- 175% so people can choose something besides him

There are several factors for why a tank isn't valuable in don't starve, I'm only going to cover a few.

1) Kiting means that the vast majority of enemies can be killed without taking any damage

2) Armor mitigation is far stronger than any character's defensive perks and especially Wig's damage reduction

3) Blue shrooms are easy to get and OP, and Wig can't use them

4) The longer a fight goes the more Wolf's going to pull ahead because groups of enemies die faster.  Even tanking giants he starts 100 hp ahead and his bonus damage overpowes Wig's damage and mitigation.

I agree that Wolf's overpowered.  His only real weakness is higher food consumption which is barely an issue to begin with and solved with a belt of hunger.  For that he gets effectively 4x the fighting ability of Wilson (2x damage and 2x health)

23 minutes ago, Toros said:

There are several factors for why a tank isn't valuable in don't starve, I'm only going to cover a few.

1) Kiting means that the vast majority of enemies can be killed without taking any damage

2) Armor mitigation is far stronger than any character's defensive perks and especially Wig's damage reduction

3) Blue shrooms are easy to get and OP, and Wig can't use them

4) The longer a fight goes the more Wolf's going to pull ahead because groups of enemies die faster.  Even tanking giants he starts 100 hp ahead and his bonus damage overpowes Wig's damage and mitigation.

I agree that Wolf's overpowered.  His only real weakness is higher food consumption which is barely an issue to begin with and solved with a belt of hunger.  For that he gets effectively 4x the fighting ability of Wilson (2x damage and 2x health)

oh my god can we not mention wigfrid in a post without SOMEONE saying "nuh uh wolfgangs better xd"

i wouldnt complain if this was a topic to talk about it but come on, the thread has literally nothing to do with wigfrid or wolfgang

2 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

oh my god can we not mention wigfrid in a post without SOMEONE saying "nuh uh wolfgangs better xd"

i wouldnt complain if this was a topic to talk about it but come on, the thread has literally nothing to do with wigfrid or wolfgang

#nerfwolfgang

9 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Her description says something like "and her indomitable spirit" but Im not sure what that could mean. More resilient to something?

Apparently having an indomitable spirit means to be courageous and to not hesitant or be fearful in the face of danger. Hope this doesn't mean she's a fighter character. Alternatively, it could be referring to the will to never give up. I don't know what that would mean in terms of any special powers or perks.

Maybe it's just something to describe her character and has nothing to do with her powers/perks. Who knows! I'm excited to find out though.

6 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

Being a factory worker I could always hope she'd have her own tab with useful (but stationary) machines she can build to help the base but I think Wicker was the last personal crafting focused character made (not counting Maxwell's DST retool).

i really hope for tech character that can build and repair stuff

Maybe she will spend less resorces for building?

Archived