Disrespectful dups

Anyone else get so mad at their dups for not helping a fellow dup stuck in a tile and suffocating that they just quit the game? I push the destruct to a level 9 priority but the rest of the dups were too busy digging and researching to bother digging the poor guy out. Some were no more then 4 or 5 blocks away. I had just started a new game and forgot about that emergency button so I just started over. Sure, they may not have had much time to get to know the guy, but talk about jerks! :D Not the kind of dups I want on my team. 

BTW...I love the new upgrade. I feel like I can actually make some progress. 

yeah dupes are pretty dumb, I always have to watch them closely when exploring otherwise they easily corner themselves in a dead end. I lost 3 dupes at once at one point, they dig everything around them in wrong order and get stuck without a way out, so stupid!  ;)

25 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

It works outside of debug, or it does for me.

You need to enable debug mode in the files for it to work. I think it can be called a debug command, what you seem to be referring to is the cell painter, which I would consider to just be a part of debug mode.

TC, your priority levels for jobs is set too high. If everything is at to 9 the Dupes won't help when you have an emergency when you set it at 9. Never set any standard job to 9. 8 is good for Research and delivering Water and Algae. Everything else can be set to less.

22 hours ago, JCGrad02 said:

I push the destruct to a level 9 priority but the rest of the dups were too busy digging and researching to bother digging the poor guy out.

This is usually the consequence of the block being potentially unreachable. Destruct has a pretty high priority all on its own.

2 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

This is usually the consequence of the block being potentially unreachable. Destruct has a pretty high priority all on its own.

I did surprise me that they were so callous. It's possible that I missed something and they couldn't access him. Thanks for mentioning that. 

Archived