Reoccurring Events

As we all know, last year we had a flurry of events towards the end of the year and into the new year. These are: Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast and Year of the Rooster. Now, there is no doubt that these events will come back, but it begs the question: what new will come of them? I personally would like to see new skins, or perhaps new game mechanics for the repeating events. What new items/mechanics do you think they might add to these reoccurring events?

Year of the Rooster will definitely be quite different since it'll be Year of the Dog instead. The mascot will probably be the hounds and all.

And i feel like im just getting excited over nothing, but imdamisterl's profile picture change to a rose skin and silence towards questions on his status update, as well as Toni and May's hinting at great things to come by end of this year imply that there may be rose collection dropping soon, or at the very least a few exciting updates during that time. I mean, it'd have nothing to do with the lore but maybe the rose collection would be a Christmas gift to us x)

I actually wasn't around for any of the holiday events the previous year which makes me even more hyped for the coming months as a result. On the hand of legitimate content I have no clue. However considering year of the dog next year if I'm not mistaken I would love to see a new Vargling skin for the event!

sorry for the dumb question, if I have a server with the events in "default" means that the event in my server will change?, if I don't die can I play with all the events in the same server?, the events stacks? or just get disabled automatically when the event ends?

5 minutes ago, Rily said:

sorry for the dumb question, if I have a server with the events in "default" means that the event in my server will change?, if I don't die can I play with all the events in the same server?, the events stacks? or just get disabled automatically when the event ends?

If you have events set to default they will run whenever the appropriate season AKA once hallowed nights rolls around yes it will occur on all worlds with events set to "default". If you have events set to any one particular event the server will always run that event and no others even if it is the season for a different one. For example if a world is set with "winter's feast" and year of the gobbler rolls around on the calendar than your world will still play winters feast and year of the gobbler will be disabled. In short you can't run more than 1 event at a time and they will enable/disable according to the calendar date IRL if set to "default". Hope that clarifies.

37 minutes ago, Mr Pig said:

I actually wasn't around for any of the holiday events the previous year which makes me even more hyped for the coming months as a result. On the hand of legitimate content I have no clue. However considering year of the dog next year if I'm not mistaken I would love to see a new Vargling skin for the event!

Oh, I want new pet skins also. Perhaps we could get new skins for Bunny Hutches, Pig Houses, Crockpots, Tents, Ice Boxes and maybe even new themed character skins (excluding the limited free Hallowed Nights skins). Holiday themed, of course.

15 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I do wanna see events for some more holidays. I like Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast, and Year of the Gobbler, but Valentines Day was just limited to a free Heart skin and an emote. Hopefully we get to see new events for next year. :) 

I agree. Maybe a Thanksgiving, Easter and St. Patrick's Day event too.

3 hours ago, Toast1070 said:

I agree. Maybe a Thanksgiving, Easter and St. Patrick's Day event too.

Thanksgiving may be a little iffy considering it's celebrated in different parts of the world at different times. Heck, one of Woodie's perks says "Celebrates Thanksgiving too early." in everywhere but Canada where it says "Celebrates Thanksgiving on time."

Archived