When are we going to learn more about the game?

• Developer
2 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

They'll be showcasing a demo in this upcoming PAX, I've heard :)

That is correct! We are bringing a playable demo of the game to PAX starting on Sep 1st. We're currently fixing bug, improving the interface, and testing and tweaking things so that they're understandable without a tutorial.

The demo is time-limited to keep the lines moving on the show floor, but other than that it's pretty much just the start of the game (as it currently exists). You pick a starting character, and then we turn you loose in the world as you play through the start of their story. The game is pretty free-wheeling, so it's certainly possible even in the demo to wander off the main path and find trouble. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing how far people get, and what they find. It's also an amazing chance to see which parts of the game people are responding well to, and which parts need more attention. I was spoiled with great feedback in the early days of Don't Starve, and I miss it.

Anyways, I'll be on the show floor giving demos on the 1st and the first half of the 2nd, so if you're attending swing by and say hi!

On 2017-08-20 at 6:15 AM, Kevin said:

That is correct! We are bringing a playable demo of the game to PAX starting on Sep 1st. We're currently fixing bug, improving the interface, and testing and tweaking things so that they're understandable without a tutorial.

The demo is time-limited to keep the lines moving on the show floor, but other than that it's pretty much just the start of the game (as it currently exists). You pick a starting character, and then we turn you loose in the world as you play through the start of their story. The game is pretty free-wheeling, so it's certainly possible even in the demo to wander off the main path and find trouble. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing how far people get, and what they find. It's also an amazing chance to see which parts of the game people are responding well to, and which parts need more attention. I was spoiled with great feedback in the early days of Don't Starve, and I miss it.

Anyways, I'll be on the show floor giving demos on the 1st and the first half of the 2nd, so if you're attending swing by and say hi!

Damn it's good to have you back Kevin! You have been missed.

3 hours ago, hyzemi said:

People can downvote all they want, but this patch made me sure of one thing: HOTS devs do NOT play their own game. Of that i am certain.

They do but only at a small amount. Poor @nome has only played just a tad of Don't Starve but... What are you talking about?:wilson_shocked:

• Developer
18 hours ago, HomShaBom said:

I can't find anything at all about Griftlands at PAX, other than the fact that it was at PAX. No new info from PAX, no new video footage from PAX, just that it was there, and nothing more.

Yeah, no one seemed to have uploaded anything, which is a shame.

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Wizloc said:

Sorry to necro a dead thread, but the last information given by Klei of Griftlands was in like June or July of last year. Is there any more information of an EA or anything yet? 

Nope, nothing yet, sadly.

Klei usually works like this, silent until they're very close to a release date. On Steam they did say it was planned for release on Early 2018, so maybe we'll have more news until April?

Archived