This is not a June 1 0 Hype Thread

Hello guys, just as the title says I dont want to hype you or myself over random stuff or fantasy theories, just wanted to share something curious.

Remember how were we all hyped for the June #th thing and all we got in that time was the Griftlands trailer in the E3? (Very attractive trailer btw).

Well I was watching the trailer AND saw something interesting. During the trailer we see our lovely-badass-protagonist talk to a robot with a sign hanging on his...umm... "neck". And I find interesting that such signs are very similar to those tiles we were playing with in the metheus puzzle.

Spoiler

Sin título.png

That's all, no theories, no hype, no hidden messages,no memes=no life.
Unless...

Spoiler

Nah, that's all.

Sorry for opening a new topic about this, all other threads refering to June One 0 seem to be closed.

I mean this one actually has something interesting to talk about, rather than "OMG KLEI RELEASE JUNE 10 HYPE" so I doubt it'll be closed.

I'm actually rather curious on what that sign means. Could the ancient language from Don't Starve's ancients have been so well preserved that it made its way into space?

Perhaps that's actually the written language of the people in Griftlands. Maybe Don't Starve and Griftlands are in the same universe, most likely in different time periods.

Now this is interesting, indeed. Knowing Klei it can't be accidental, that these signs are so similar to the ancients' ones. And if the June One 0 thing was really a hint to Griftands, why couldn't have Griftland's trailer have a hint to something DST-related? (Again, if)

Personally I don't think the two games were in the same world (even if seperated by time), but who knows.

I really hope that once we'll learn if these signs have a real meaning (related to Griftlands or DST).

5 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Seems like just a stylistic choice. Similar but I couldn't find any matches among either the ancient tiles or the shadow runes.

Yeah, thanks for searching, I did the same comparing these signs with the puzzle ones but saw no coincidences. Still, wanted to give others the chance to give a look at it.

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Should we ask the devs? This could be important.

Do they answer? I always imagine them looking at the forums laughing at us and at our crazy theories (very common) and ignoring when we are too close to the truth (uncommon), only giving answer to bugs fix and developers stuff.

Spoiler

"I don't know what they want. They... they just watch."

Spoiler

"Unless you get too close... Then..."

Spoiler

c3fa0304272388d9c279f84bd688209d.png

Okay, Let's actually try to decode it shall we?

The first Character looks like a broken table/anvil or something puncturing through a wall; maybe Firewall and lockpick from Invisible, Inc?

The Second is odd I can't seem to put a definite shape on it, rotate it will give you a person in a vehicle,  Maybe it's Incognita (either way I've been playing too much Invisible, Inc.)

The Third and fourth to me almost look like they're the same character... A ladder or staircase is what I see.

Turning the Image upside down and looking at it seems to give me an anagram of "Fire"

Anyways that's what I've come across maybe you others can make more sense of it than I'd've.

Archived