[Game Update] - 221295

• Developer
  • Dupes should now change valve settings even if a valve is blocked
  • Air Scrubber should now use the water it has in storage even if the pipe it's connected to is empty
  • Air Scrubber should no longer absorb CO2 if it doesn't have enough water to process it
  • Air Scrubber should only use power when processing CO2
  • Air Scrubber should no longer over overfill its storage with CO2

View full update

• Like 10

Okay, I don't know if this has been addressed in this hotfix, but in closed testing after introduction of this fix, when a scrubber had too much CO2 in its storage it stopped working and must have been replaced. If this still happens, be careful about the bottle that pops out of the deconstructed scrubber. Based on how you previously used it, it may contain many tons of CO2. Releasing it to the open may ruin your base.

I made a short album how you can deal with that bottle if you don't want to just let it sit there forever. It's a bit of an exploit but I think it's fine if it's dealing with a consequence of a bug.

Short description is: build a small room around it before opening it, then build a tile over the released gas. Since the gas has nowhere to go, it will be destroyed.

http://imgur.com/a/qJKRN

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, PickPay said:

nice, next to be fixed : Electrolyzers !

What is there to fix? Working as intended as far as I know.
Are you suggesting they change the output temperature? Because that's not bugged, it's just stupid.

1 hour ago, Risu said:

Are you suggesting they change the output temperature? Because that's not bugged, it's just stupid.

High temperature electrolysis is the future.  Thermolysis is ONI's future.  (Apparently at around 3000 Kelvin and with the right pressure, water spontaneously decomposes into hydrogen and oxygen: thermolysis)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Trego said:

High temperature electrolysis is the future.  Thermolysis is ONI's future.  (Apparently at around 3000 Kelvin and with the right pressure, water spontaneously decomposes into hydrogen and oxygen: thermolysis)

Because that's energetically cheaper than just regular electrolysis? :D

16 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

Because that's energetically cheaper than just regular electrolysis? :D

No, because it's energetically more noninclusive.

Edited by Trego

9 hours ago, Trego said:

So you're saying the bug is that the electrolyzer uses too little power to heat or cool the water. Okay then.

32 minutes ago, Risu said:

So you're saying the bug is that the electrolyzer uses too little power to heat or cool the water. Okay then.

why is everyone trying to tell me what I'm saying today?  That's not a fun game.  It is true that the energy requirements to electrolyze 1 kg of water per second are probably closer to 120 MW, than 120 watts, but that's not what I was saying before.  But yea, since the power requirements are already close to a million times too low...  

So you're saying that the relative power required to heat or cool the water is relatively insignificant next to the existing power errors, and therefore you don't mind it at all, nor do you think the fixed output temperature is stupid. Okay then.

Edited by Trego

3 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

I didn't mean to cause offense, Trego.  3000 Kelvin just seemed like a lot of work and thought it was funny. I apologize if I misunderstood your intention.

No, your post was clearly meant to be funny.  I'm still trying to figure out the intended tone of Risu's response.

7 hours ago, Trego said:

No, your post was clearly meant to be funny.  I'm still trying to figure out the intended tone of Risu's response.

They needs to put a emoticon/smilie at the end of their post like Whispershade did. Makes any possible hostile remark sound like you're not being serious. Eg:

You're a stupid stupid idiot! :D 

On 27.06.2017 at 5:01 AM, Risu said:

I thought you had read my post about Electrolyzers, they do not work as intended its undeniable I'm sure you looked at them for a minute.

20 minutes ago, PickPay said:

I thought you had read my post about Electrolyzers, they do not work as intended its undeniable I'm sure you looked at them for a minute.

Oh you mean the two gas outputs fighting over the same tile. Yeah that could use some work.