9 hours ago, The Flying Fox said:

Unlike in real life, batteries performance in ONI is not affected by their temperature.  They work the same if they're at -100c or 100c.  So, as long as they're not over-heating, then it doesn't really matter.

yeah, i know but the problem is those batteries are increasing in temperature per cycle and causing some heating issues on the bottom of my base

I found out that gasses which don't move cause machinery to overheat.. so just build some sort of air ventilation and you'll never see your machinery overheat.. For example I built my battery bank and generators on mesh tiles in a big room and put an algae deoxidiser below them.. non of it ever raise heat even they are built in slime biome which was around 30 C :)

When I take a look at your picture I see you hydrogen temp building up in the top left corner because your hydrogen never gets out of there and just stacks in the top left corner so that's causing it to raise temperature.. a simple sollution is to build a gas permitable at the top left, which is where hydrogen goes, so that it ventilates.. and you'll see that you dont even need wheezeworts :p

8 hours ago, Donchev said:

I found out that gasses which don't move cause machinery to overheat.. so just build some sort of air ventilation and you'll never see your machinery overheat.. For example I built my battery bank and generators on mesh tiles in a big room and put an algae deoxidiser below them.. non of it ever raise heat even they are built in slime biome which was around 30 C :)

Wheezeworts move gasses from below them to above, creating a small convection - if the floors were mesh tiles, the gasses would be moving/mingling a bit more and would probably cool right down.

16 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Wheezeworts move gasses from below them to above, creating a small convection - if the floors were mesh tiles, the gasses would be moving/mingling a bit more and would probably cool right down.

Is mesh better than gas-permeable in this case? Is there an advantage to mesh even though liquids aren't in use here?

36 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Life can you suggest a good battery bank design? probably something that i could build and leave it be without worrying about the temps

for the short run that is great but as soon as that place is over pressurized that battery will be seeing a rise in temps. and also i want my battery room to be sealed. I don't want my dupes coming there because of the heavy negative decor of those heavy watt wires.

When I take a look at your picture I see you hydrogen temp building up in the top left corner because your hydrogen never gets out of there and just stacks in the top left corner so that's causing it to raise temperature.. a simple sollution is to build a gas permitable at the top left, which is where hydrogen goes, so that it ventilates.. and you'll see that you dont even need wheezeworts :p

haha, but i want it sealed. and also part of the reason that those sides are hot are because if those batteries on the top left which is current at 40 or so celsius.

22 minutes ago, Pinstar said:

Is mesh better than gas-permeable in this case? Is there an advantage to mesh even though liquids aren't in use here?

apparently, there a no advantages or whatsoever. on a side note, mesh tiles looks better for me XD

3 minutes ago, marcjhune22 said:

Life can you suggest a good battery bank design? probably something that i could build and leave it be without worrying about the temps

What you have is fine, isn't it?

Here's mine: full of pressurized hydrogen. Wheezeworts helped so there's almost 5 kg per tile there although I fed it using normal vent from below. Enclosed in abyssalite so don't mind the color of the perimeter wall. 

8VRmkKj.jpg

7 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

What you have is fine, isn't it?

Here's mine: full of pressurized hydrogen. Wheezeworts helped so there's almost 5 kg per tile there although I fed it using normal vent from below. Enclosed in abyssalite so don't mind the color of the perimeter wall. 

8VRmkKj.jpg

how did you get it to that pressure? it is fine. But i want to cram as many batteries in there as possible XD

1 hour ago, marcjhune22 said:

how did you get it to that pressure?

Originally there was over 2 kg of polluted oxygen all around. I enclosed the bottom with an airlock and lowered the pressure to about 1000 g/tile with a gas pump. Then I placed a gas vent below the bottom wheezewort (it wasn't exactly below it, I didn't even expect what happened then) and just started pumping hydrogen in. Before I noticed, it was full of pressurized hydrogen. I just let last packets of polluted oxygen drop out the bottom  and closed it all with abyssalite, then deconstructed the sealed chamber.

1 hour ago, marcjhune22 said:

But i want to cram as many batteries in there as possible XD

There's 8 batteries per wheezewort and I guess it could handle 8 more (one column on each side). But that's just a guess. This capacity is more than enough for my whole colony, I don't even need that much as I have large overproduction of power.

7 hours ago, marcjhune22 said:

one of my concern is that the wheezewort will eventually get stiffled if the temps would keep dropping

Why should that be a problem? It would be bad if it got stifled at +95 C but that's not going to happen there.

Archived