The Atrium Gate- What Does It Mean?

7 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Man can dream.

Yeah, Adventure Mode probably isn't happening.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I don't think it'll be an adventure mode but more like... a "built in" adventure mode. Instead of like some isolated challenges and stuff it's more... "integrated".

I can see what you're talking about. Instead of being in a seperate world, it's more... in there.

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

There'll be more stuff added to it later but I'm curious about the antlion design on the key.

There's still that entire theory on the Antlion being the deity of Them. I'm glad to see how that turns out.

48 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I don't think it'll be an adventure mode but more like... a "built in" adventure mode. Instead of like some isolated challenges and stuff it's more... "integrated".

You might be on to something there. There's quite a few tasks needed to get up to the atrium.

Explore the world for the marble chunks and marble statues.

Slowly walk them back to the statues or tame a beef to get them back quickly.

Wait until a full moon and get the sketches for knight, rook and bishop.

Craft the sculptures, wait until a new moon, defeat the shadow chess pieces and get the shadow atrium.

And now we're getting into the point where we need to explore the caves and ruins. As well as defeat the new boss (seems likely that he'll be the real source of the key). And all of this is content that started at the very beginning of ANR and has slowly been expanded upon with almost every update. So we kinda do have a more "built in" adventure mode. Instead of just finding all the things and moving to the next world, we have a bunch of different tasks that keep getting more difficult.

Archived