Animated Wilson gifs

I'm struggling with ''A Cold Reception'' right now and the special rain is killing me here....^^

With the special rain, I tend to run and keep running. It's a lot harder to do if it's night time and you're trying to stay by your fire though. I actually like A Cold Reception. It isn't as crazy-hard as the other levels. Came close to teleporting one time, had all the pieces and activated the teleportato, but died before I could. Sigh.

Sadly I cannot play until I get a new computer... My mother's laptop lags when I play, it just barely meets requirements though.

Hope that happens for you soon! Even though adventure mode is hard, I am addicted to jumping back into the portal as soon as I get booted out of Maxwell's world for dying. Heh.

Posted Image

Another version of the Maxwell gif!

• Like 1

I actually like A Cold Reception. It isn't as crazy-hard as the other levels.

I don't know. Since I jump between ''A Cold Reception'' and ''A Game Is Afoot'' as the two levels which seem to be the first ones I must say ''Afoot'' is more me. Although you start in winter, you get a nice hat. ^^ I'm constantly dying but have much fun doing so.

Posted Image

Another version of the Maxwell gif!

He's waiting...he he he

Thank you, everyone! I appreciate that you've taken the time to stop by and drop a comment! [MENTION=6062]MycoLogical[/MENTION] I've always wanted to make a gif of a character throwing the boomerang but somehow never got around to doing it. Heh. I get distracted easily. [MENTION=6809]BarovSoap[/MENTION] I think he should have an evil squirrel sitting on his shoulder, nibbling at his rose, and getting swatted for it! [MENTION=1667]MilleniumCount[/MENTION] Yesterday, I was playing the King of Winter level. Found 4 teleportato parts. I was on my way to finding the last one but died when I was set upon by 3 MacTusk hunting parties. At this moment, I have to say, my least favorite character in the game is MacTusk. Is it true (according to the wikia) that MacTusk doesn't attack you on sight? Only when you get too close? Because it seems he always attacks me first.

Posted Image

No idea what I was thinking when I drew this one. Maybe I'd poured just a little too much Baileys into my coffee. :???::lol:

Edited by CrispyJelly
  • Like 1

[MENTION=6809]BarovSoap[/MENTION] You're probably right. :shock:

Posted Image

I've always imagined Wolfgang grabbing the frog's tongue and then hurling it away. Wish I could have added sound effects. Imagine a "SPULAAAAAT!" when the frog gets smacked against his fist. Heh.

• Like 1

Here's a puzzle for those who like puzzles. It's a logic puzzle, I made it up, but it's Don't Starve-centric. If you're going to try solving it, you can post your answer as spoilers and I'll let you know if it's right.The Puzzle: 5 Don't Starve characters died tragically on different levels of adventure mode. Can you work out who died where and how, and what their last meals were? Here are the clues.Characters: Wilson, Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, Willow, WendyLevels: A Cold Reception, The Game Is Afoot, Two Worlds, Archipelago, King of WinterLast Meal: roasted eggplant, roasted seeds, meatballs, meaty stew, turkey dinnerCause of Death: wasps, tallbird, werepig, terrorbeak, tentacle 1. The character who was mauled to death by a werepig was not Wendy or the one whose last meal was a simple roasted eggplant.2. Willow found herself in The Game Is Afoot. She did not die from a vicious attack of wasps. Neither was her last meal a handful of roasted seeds. The character who ate the seeds before dying was killed by a powerful tentacle, but this did not happen in Two Worlds.3. The character on the King of Winter level had a last hot meal of tasty meatballs.4. The one who died in A Cold Reception, who did not eat any meaty stew, was the victim of a terrorbeak. This was not Wickerbottom, who was not killed by wasps or a shadow monster.5. Wolfgang was pecked savagely to death by a tallbird after he stole its egg. Neither Wolfgang nor Wendy was trapped on the King of Winter level.

The Puzzle

Ugh, I can't study this way...^^

[*]Wilson - King of Winter - Meatballs - Wasp

[*]Wickerbottom - Archipelago - Seeds - Tentacle

[*]Wolfgang - Two Worlds - Eggplant - Tallbird

[*]Willow - Game is Afoot - Stew - Werepig

[*]Wendy - A Cold Reception - Turkey Dinner - Terrorbeak

But I'm not totally sure...

[*]Wilson - King of Winter - Meatballs - Wasp

[*]Wickerbottom - Archipelago - Seeds - Tentacle

[*]Wolfgang - Two Worlds - Eggplant - Tallbird

[*]Willow - Game is Afoot - Stew - Werepig

[*]Wendy - A Cold Reception - Turkey Dinner - Terrorbeak

But I'm not totally sure...

You have the correct answer! Awesome! :wilson_goodjob:

[MENTION=1667]MilleniumCount[/MENTION] I've lost count, too! Earlier today, I managed to get as far as World 4 and it was King of Winter and that is the one level I have not yet been able to clear. I actually had all the pieces of the teleportato already, I left them all at the Wooden Thing, I stayed to make some jerky to take into World 5 and died when I shaved the beefalo... it was mating season and I had simply forgotten to wear my beefalo hat. *beats chest and raises fists at monitor and wails*

At last, after 13,572,985 attempts, I finished adventure mode! :shock::lol:

Did it without a walking stick (didn't find one) or a backpack (wore a logsuit the whole time). Spent fewer than 10 days in each world except for The Game Is Afoot. World 1 was King of Winter, 2 was A Cold Reception, 3 was The Game Is Afoot, 4 was Two Worlds and 5 was Darkness. King of Winter was the hardest. Staying warm wasn't a problem with the heat stone. (Didn't bother with earmuffs.) Going insane and getting sane again was. Thank goodness for green mushrooms.

Posted Image

SO HAPPY I'm done with adventure mode now. THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!

Posted Image

• Like 1