Cross play for DST?

3 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Nome has said before that, even if android got DST, cross-platform would be a practical impossibility. I forgot why exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's a no-no.

I believe the reason was that if they wanted cross-platform stuff, they would need to have their own servers for everything, which they just dont have access to right now. Could be wrong about this.

• Developer
4 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Nome has said before that, even if android got DST, cross-platform would be a practical impossibility. I forgot why exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's a no-no.

Not an impossibility, but really hard. We'd LOVE it to happen, but don't bet the farm.

12 hours ago, nome said:

Not an impossibility, but really hard. We'd LOVE it to happen, but don't bet the farm.

14 hours ago, bubben16 said:

I believe the reason was that if they wanted cross-platform stuff, they would need to have their own servers for everything, which they just dont have access to right now. Could be wrong about this.

17 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Really hard probably because this day's technology, yet vastly advanced, is not exactly "optimal" for this to occur for quite sometime. Or am I completely off the mark @nome ?

Archived