Quick question regarding the new upcoming winter event!

Ohmygod, yes! That'd be the cutest thing ever.

Ooh!  Ooh!  (waves hand around trying to get "teacher"'s attention) Can we also have labels that are writable like the signs where we can leave little messages, and then hide the presents around the wilderness like Secret Santas?  :D

...okay, yes, I do immediately see the potential for abuse with this--write an insult on a package full of manure.  _I_, however, would be like "HAPPY HOGSWATCH!" and inside would be like, a nice knitted winter hat.  (Which is one of the few things in this game that could pass for a "normal" Christmas gift.  Imagine if you got most of the things player would find useful in Don't Starve, as a present under the tree in real life.  "Happy Holidays, Mom!  I got you a stack of 20 logs!")

And is it just me, or would Elf-Wendy be The Most Emo Elf Ever freakin' adorable?

...Notorious

9 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Ohmygod, yes! That'd be the cutest thing ever.

Ooh!  Ooh!  (waves hand around trying to get "teacher"'s attention) Can we also have labels that are writable like the signs where we can leave little messages, and then hide the presents around the wilderness like Secret Santas?  :D

...okay, yes, I do immediately see the potential for abuse with this--write an insult on a package full of manure.  _I_, however, would be like "HAPPY HOGSWATCH!" and inside would be like, a nice knitted winter hat.  (Which is one of the few things in this game that could pass for a "normal" Christmas gift.  Imagine if you got most of the things player would find useful in Don't Starve, as a present under the tree in real life.  "Happy Holidays, Mom!  I got you a stack of 20 logs!")

And is it just me, or would Elf-Wendy be The Most Emo Elf Ever freakin' adorable?

...Notorious

I don't think we should worry about the sort of abuse you mention: anyone can write expletives on the signs. Heck, I've seen people building messages from prefabs (the most memorable one was a vulgar version of "Bees, bugger off" from stingers).

For elves, let me remind you nobody's ever said elves are nice. I guess you mean the supposed secular helpers of Santa. Here, I believe the team of Willow ("OF COURSE I'll get you charcoal for the naughty ones!!!") and Woodie (for the beard) or Wolfgang (the belly) would be great.

And damnit, your quote made me cry over Webber and our boys, right,

@MeingroessterFan?

Oh, yes, well...when it comes to The Fair Folk, I do know what you mean...(I did say "Happy Hogswatch!" for one. : P) Wendy (and Abigail) would work pretty well for that type, yes...

And yeah, I've totally seen people write swear words on signs.  (laugh)  Not so much in my own playthroughs, but I've seen in Let's Plays on YouTube where somebody made a sign saying what an "effing" loser another player was, then kept reading it so the words would keep reappearing on the screen...then when the sign...mysteriously...burned down, they remade it!  : P

However, turns out they were _all_ casual dudebros, so needless to say they were pretty much ALL insulting each other like that.  (snerk)
The most that's happened with mine is one of my main DST friends writing on a sign "I'm all alone, just like (name here), the LOSER.", which then turned into a running gag about signs insulting themselves ("I'm a waste of four logs") and then finally naming the base after the fact that you can't think of a proper name ("Welcome to Camp Why-The-Hell-Did-I-Build-This-Here").

Basically, I have silly players.  Which suits me fine.  :D

...Notorious

Archived