Any suggestions on how to clear out the reed field trap quickly?

Clearing out all these tentacles one by one is taking forever. Got any ideas on how I could clear them out quicker? I've already used deerclops to help me and he died after clearing about a fourth of the field. I could wait until the next winter to lure him into it again, but it would be nice if I could have access to the whole field sooner then that. So anyone got any ideas on how to clear the field other then killing them one by one?

Use bearger. He is a great boss for resource harvesting.

Just lead him through the swamp trap, and if he's alive, take.him through the woods and collect a ton. You can even take.him through the rock biome.

If the dragonfly is close, you can also take her, but your reeds will burn.

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I was thinking about bringing bearger over there when he comes, but then I remembered how he uproots grass and saplings. Won't he just destroy the reeds?

He uproots things and destroys them. Reeds will only perish if burnt. So, no.

Also spiders aren't a too quick method(neither is Bearger though, 1 per year and the fact tentacles will most likely kill at least 1...yeah.), but a valid one as well. Place them far enough, and whenever they wake up they go to the tentacles, get hit, gang up against it, die, repeat until eventually all tentacles are dead.

I know a lot of players usually use Meat Bulb to clean up, provided that the trap is not Tentacles, but Killer Bee

Tentacles is difficult to clean up, usually by using an acorn next to it and then igniting the heat to kill the Tentacles, but the valuable reed will become useless ashes

Here's a tactic I use:

Untitled.png

wendy-swampfarmcampreedbunny.pngBasically, you get 4 Rabbit Hutches (minimum, you can go crazy and get more than that but I like to play the minimalist)  around the perimeter of the Tentacle Trap... They do a lot of damage and respawn only after a few days. With this, you can effectively farm both Rabbit and Tentacle loot without worrying about losing any (as rabbit men don't eat meat, your monster meats and big meats will remain safe)

9 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Here's a tactic I use:

Untitled.png

wendy-swampfarmcampreedbunny.pngBasically, you get 4 Rabbit Hutches (minimum, you can go crazy and get more than that but I like to play the minimalist)  around the perimeter of the Tentacle Trap... They do a lot of damage and respawn only after a few days. With this, you can effectively farm both Rabbit and Tentacle loot without worrying about losing any (as rabbit men don't eat meat, your monster meats and big meats will remain safe)

That's great
We usually only hired rabbits to kill toadstool and dragonfly, never thought of rabbits can be used to kill tentacles

16 minutes ago, l96735063 said:

That's great
We usually only hired rabbits to kill toadstool and dragonfly, never thought of rabbits can be used to kill tentacles

Bunnymen are very murderous and naturally aggressive towards anybody with the monster tag, so you can use them in many scenarios. On our roleplaying server, we built a pen with mermhuts and bunnyman hutches. They fight all night long. You just need to collect the loot during the day.

Giants are a good choice, but if you want a bunch of silk and glands, aggro a big pack of spiders and take them on a jolly jog through the trap. Easier maybe - plop some spider dens nearby, when one gets slapped with a tentacle they'll dive in and a mess of loot will ensue. You could always finish the trap off with a Goose or bearger, since silk and glands won't rot or get eaten.

Archived