Best don't starve character ever

Hi everyone. last time i posted a comment about what you think about don't starve bosses. This time i want to know who you think is the best don't starve character. If you don't know all characters, the characters are: Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang Wendy, WX78, Wickerbottom, Woodie, Wes and Maxwell. the reign of giants characters are: Wigfrid, and Webber. The shipwrecked characters are: Walani, Warly Wilbur, and Woodlegs. Thank you everyone.

(This comment is from my friend) 

26 minutes ago, Superchicken64 said:

Yes but webber can befriend all spiders Including SPIDER QUEEN (tell me if you think i am wrong)

And if Webber used the spider queen then that would do a lot of damage and if wigfrid killed the queen then webber would Finnish her off meaning that webber would kill her easily. And even if wigfrid did survive she would be low HP and she would be hungry and she could only eat meat and you would have to kill something but your low HP.

On 23/10/2016 at 11:42 PM, Superchicken64 said:

(This comment is from my friend) 

And if Webber used the spider queen then that would do a lot of damage and if wigfrid killed the queen then webber would Finnish her off meaning that webber would kill her easily. And even if wigfrid did survive she would be low HP and she would be hungry and she could only eat meat and you would have to kill something but your low HP.

Character 1v1 are never great. Wilson will always lost to Wolfgang. It's a not a fair way of judgement.

Second, Webber cannot befriend spider queens.

Third, Wigfrid restores health and sanity after each kill.

Wigfrid is the easiest to survive as, you simply live near a spider den, and eat spider meat, and regain your sanity/health by killing the spiders.

also, wigfrid could kick any of the other character's  asses if its held by a half decent player :p her strength simply just puts her on top.

It depends.  

Don't Starve and Reign of Giants

Subjectively (my opinion): The best character would be Willow and Wolfgang. 

Objectively: Wickerbottom, WX-78, and Wolfgang.

Who doesn't make the cut: Wilson is way too average for me to consider him the best.  Though Wilson makes a great character for beginners who are getting a feel of how the game works.  I like Willow, but she's above average at best when you're speaking objectively.  Wendy is weak, and Abigail doesn't make up for it.  Woodie is above average, though an axe is fairly easy to craft with a minimum amount of resources, and so is a pickax.  Wes...  Do I really have to explain?  Maxwell could be great objectively, if his health were at least 100; 75 health is just ridiculous.  I could like Wigfrid, but her meat only diet annoys me.  Sure Wickerbottom annoys me when she can't sleep in a tent, but Wickerbottom makes it up by being a walking Science Machine and having her books.  Webber is a character that would get a B in class, unfortunately the neutral enemies thing doesn't get him up to an A like the characters on the objective list.

Shipwrecked

Subjectively: Wolfgang and Walani.

Objectively: Wickerbottom, Maxwell, and Webber.  Maxwell still has terrible health, though shipwrecked does a number on sanity.  Plus his shadow creatures can fight the poison snakes and spiders for him.  

Who doesn't make the cut: Wilson is once again too average.  Willow's lighter doesn't do much in a game that has to do with sailing the sea.  Wendy just doesn't have anything to help much.  I would rate Woodie a lot higher since he has a permanent ax that's super convenient since flint isn't as plentiful, but he isn't as great as the others.  Wes...  Poor guy...  Wigrid's meat only diet becomes even more annoying in shipwrecked.  Wolfgang becomes annoying because you constantly have to feed him while discovering islands.  WX-78 has the one weakness of water.  That only becomes a problem during Spring in Reign of Giants, though shipwrecked has a lot of water so...  Walani has a great start, though her surfboard doesn't compare to a boat with a sail.  I didn't try the other characters, though Warly with his crockpot diets would get annoying very fast.

Wickerbottom forever.

• Fastest start, being able to have backpack, shovel and other goodies.
  • Even faster start in DS shipwrecked, being able to make a boat + sail + trawlnet to summon quacken as early as day 1.
  • Has the incredible "Applied horticulture" book to generate food or stockpile twigs + grass for winter.
  • Can summon birds (Birds of the world), put them to sleep (Sleepytime stories) then murder them with an axe for tonnes of morsels.
  • In DS/DSRoG, she can summon tentacles. Use them for special farms or make a massive field of them to destroy hound attacks, destroy spider queen and weaken / kill giants. This makes her actually a great fighter, just needs a lot of caution + preparation.
    • From tentacles you get tentacle spikes and tentacle spots
      • From tentacle spots, you get more tentacle books
  • In DST she has incredible synergy with WX78. One eats fresh food, other eats rotten. Wicker can create thunderstorms from her "End is Nigh" book to boost WX78's speed. And unless this has been nerfed, the buff duration stacks. So WX78 will have a speed boost for many many days, unless he dies. Just don't do this near a lightning rod, and pack a healthy jerky lunch so you don't kill yourself from lightning damage.

She's probably the most noob friendly character to start off with since she already has most of the science machine tech memorized  and has one of the most powerful endgame powers through her books that experienced players can take great advantage of. I manage my food well and I think sleeping is a waste of time in this game so her disadvantages are hardly noticeable.

I learned the game with her, and I've survived years with her.

it really depends, what you want to be.

sometimes when i want to play offensive i play as wigfrid, or when my friends want me to be housewife lol designing great base then i just play as wickerbottom, or whatever it is. webber for the silks, woodie for infinite logs. and wes is totally a no. basically, what are you into?

I personally like wendy, when i need to be offensive i just summon abigail, and i dont mind letting abigail die when i need to explore swamp, or passing rockfield with lotta tallbirds, dont be much dependant on abigail anyway.

some character is good for some people, but not everyone.

find what is the best for you, and you can survive, like forever ;)

My favorites are WX-78 and Wigfrid.WX-78 after eating 15 gears it turns a tank being resistant to several attacks although the start is very complicated. Wigfrid with your meat diet at the beginning and difficult nothing more than a koalefant don't solve. She with her war equipment and her strength becomes an excellent fighter would give a good fight with wolfgang anyway, this and my opinion.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:13 AM, isthisworkingnow said:

Wes. Wes is the best character by far (Klei pls nerf) 

Hide contents

Seriously though

Hide contents

it is certainly

Hide contents

Wes

Wes does have perk of other people taking you more seriously in dst if you survive long enough, plus he can tame catcoons with his pile of balloons in rog 

Wendy. Abigail + Spiders + Birdcage + Crockpot = 0 food problems forever. You spend one NIGHT gathering food and you are set for days.

In this game in my opinion Logistics is the biggest problem, and Wendy is the best at it.

Wendy is the true Queen of the Spiders, not Webber.

On 17/01/2017 at 4:13 PM, isthisworkingnow said:

Wes. Wes is the best character by far (Klei pls nerf) 

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously though

Reveal hidden contents

it is certainly

Reveal hidden contents

Wes

On 24/01/2017 at 6:59 PM, Destros09 said:

Wes does have perk of other people taking you more seriously in dst if you survive long enough, plus he can tame catcoons with his pile of balloons in rog 

On 24/01/2017 at 7:11 PM, isthisworkingnow said:

Plus he can farm nightmare fuel easily.

Hide contents

And make other players feel inferior 

So... Nerf him by buffing him? *attempts processing*

Bad Tom error: SANESS.exe has stopped working.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@LuxuryHeart why Webber for Shipwrecked?

I personally don't see many of the boars, so he isn't getting attack much.  Everything else attacks every character as well, so he doesn't get a penalty for that either.  You don't have to worry about poisonous spiders also, because they are friends with Webber.  He isn't hurt by water, so traveling the ocean isn't so bad for him.  Then he grows a silk beard, so you can easily use the silk for a tent, bird trap, bug net, and fishing rod.  He also starts off with monster meat, so just make a crock pot and grab some berries in order to make meatballs!  He also starts off with a spider egg, so you can plant that somewhere and get capture the spiders. 

In short, he has the benefits of the regular/Reign of Giants Don't Starve, without many of the penalties.

Personal favourite: Wilbur.

The guy's just great. He's especially good in RoG, strangely enough, because of his movement speed, granting him very good exploration bonuses allowing him to comfortable base faster at around day 7 or even 5 if extremely lucky. His monkeys are also lureplants except with (arguably) better drops and no chance of digesting grass and twigs and others when collecting. A follow-up is tied between Wickerbottom and Wig. Wicker because she can get all the parts of her base the fastest and pre-build her racks, chests etc. And Wig because she feels especially satisfying.

The best (objectively): Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, WX, Woodlegs* 

Wolfgang has a slow start but once the ball starts rolling, it REALLY starts rolling. Guy can solo bosses so fast that he actually loses less sanity when fighting bosses and critters.

Wickerbottom for the earlier mentioned reasons and the unique playstyles her books grant her.

WX is especially amazing stat-wise once fully upgraded. He just becomes a mean metal machine that does what he wants, whenever he wants. Also he can force lightning to strike him with a telelocator staff. Add this with a sleek hat, conch, walking cane, coffee, magil, iron wind and a rowboa and you're going fast as ****.

Woodlegs gets an asterisk because in SW he's a god amongst men. He has a start even stronger than Wickerbottom's... ALSO HE CAN GET WALKING CANES IN SW. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS MAN! In RoG he's meh tho. The treasures are still ******* busted though, he can get RENEWABLE THULECITE. 

My favorite is Warly  if you learn him well he has great sustain with stats and his items make him a pretty good nomad.  However he does have a learning curve with just managing his meals and knowing the most you can make out of a limited diet and he suffers sanity issues. All in all he is a hard mode character when you want something different other other than  When you want something different other other than Wes as for sometimes you have to go out of your way to play Warly or play him well and do things you normally shouldn't  there for some people that can make him really fun just don't take him into caves or be really careful because I haven't figured that part out yet.

just go with wickerbottom for utility or woodlegs to play god

On 12/27/2016 at 2:29 AM, LuxuryHeart said:

WX-78 has the one weakness of water.  That only becomes a problem during Spring in Reign of Giants, though shipwrecked has a lot of water so...

WX-78 turns Shipwrecked into his playground. The fact that Floaty Boat Knights drop so many gears allows WX-78 to just upgrade like crazy, and keep some spare gears on hand should things go awry. Plus, WX-78 is immune to all sources of poison, the one thing that scares most players from getting anywhere near those swamps or poisonous enemies. If you know how to play correctly, you'll be zipping all over the place, due to that one season that has lightning strikes like crazy.

Plus, y'know, we also have coffee in Shipwrecked. So that's nice.

Webber is my favorite character out there and possibly the best. I used to main Wilson, but Webber is somewhat similar due to it being able to grow a beard. As Wilson has a balanced gameplay, Webber has more health and hunger but low sanity. Which spices up the gameplay. Also not camping in buffalos and pigs can be really fun. Starting spider wars and using spider queen to fight bosses are very fun and exciting. Personally, I made it the furthest with Webber than any other character, besides Wilson. But I had a better base and much more gear.

Wolfgang, Wickerbottom and WX-78 are the strongest.

WX-78 has insane stats in the lategame and is perfect for caves/ruins exploration thanks to his ability to ignore spoilage. His low starting stats are offset very quickly and the rain is solved as soon as you get a dumbrella - not that the wetness damage was that high anyway.

Wickerbottom has a nice ability in her science bonus but the true strength is in her books - applied horticulture in particular, if used correctly, will net you endless amounts of food and consumables. Not almost endless, but literally endless, as it can be used to regrow reeds to make papyrus and can also be used to generate cactus flesh and green mushrooms for sanity. The sleepytimes book also makes dealing with several mobs a lot easier, and tentacles can be grown in place of tooth traps or used to set up mob grinders. The only issue is that cave exploration is harder due to the need for fresh food.

Wolfgang, while weak if you can't manage your food properly, becomes ridiculously OP when you get to the point where you can keep him on a full belly 24/7. 1.25x speed increase, 2x damage increase and a load of extra health are pretty bloody amazing bonuses. Straight up the best character for combat. Wigfrid is solid at combat too, but 1.25x damage doesn't compare to double damage, Wigfrid doesn't get the benefit to kiting gained from Wolfgang's 1.25x speed, and Wigfrid can't eat many of the best sanity and health restoration foods.

Most of the characters have their merits though, like woodie is great if you love base building but hate tedious woodcutting (like me) but those are the three best if you want raw power.

EDIT: I've played RoG to the point that I know what I'm talking about but haven't spent much time with the SW characters or with

Spoiler

Maxwell.

Archived