Farming

Kevin

• Developer

I burned my grass field down when i set that tree monster on fire....

Ha! That is working exactly how I hoped it would! I have plans to make fire more interesting and interactive, so that you'll have a chance to fight to save your stuff if you're willing to risk your neck. Also, I want to make all of your structures flammable. Mwa ha ha.

I have to admit this new arrangement of farms means i have explored very little. I am having to turtle down to get enough food stores so I can even consider travel.

I hope that the upcoming cooking mechanic will help you concentrate calories such that you can turtle less.I want to make you create a nice settlement, and then have to go exploring in order to keep it up and running. It's going to take some back and forth to get the balance just right.

+1 in favor of exploring the farms. Haven't thought about it too much, but maybe you could research the things you'd like to grow.Also, I'd be nice to have different results from different farmed items. For example an eaten pumpkin or eggplant more nourishing then berries. I like the jack-o-latern btw. Haven't had a chance to test it all the way. My screen lagged for a second after building it, my character dropped it, then attacked it splattering guts and seeds everywhere. Poor fireflies.

i like the new system but maybe thats just because im on day 90 something and still have a reeeeally huge supply of food from my previous farming xD but I just wanted to know if u could make baby beefalos that follow you home if you feed them grass (but after a day of not feeding them they stop following and go back to being wild beefalos or something) and then grow into adult beefalos!!!!! <3 <3 <3or something :))i have a super great camp location on a tiny island but its super far from the beefalo island which makes me sad cus i want a beefalo herd. :( their so big and fluffy and adorable!!!

I burned my grass field down when i set that tree monster on fire....I have to admit this new arrangement of farms means i have explored very little. I am having to turtle down to get enough food stores so I can even consider travel.

You mean to tell me you started Optimus Pine on fire ....HOW DARE YOU!

I was thinking that with cooking coming up your going to want specific veggies, so why not make it to where you can convert 1 veggie into 1 seed. There's no duplication and you then have to replant it so I think it wouldn't be OP and would be a nice way to get the veggies you want.