Aileen Rose's Don't Starve Stash

55 minutes ago, minespatch said:

William still seems like he's in his William mindset here. So.... When did you think Maxwell took over William during California?

I want to note Survive the Shadows follows it's own time rules so just saying this now before I explain what I'm about to present since we do go by VERY different time line standards than the canon. Now that the disclaimer has been said.

For William it was a slow transition from what he is here to when Maxwell had a full grasp on the reigns as it were and he was acting more confident and more like Maxie himself. The train accident happened in 1904 and that's the same year he got a hold of the codex. The Final Act didn't happen till 1907. I'd say more of Maxwell started showing through around the end of 1905. William was still kind but the panic attacks ceased and he was more confident and well things were all fine and dandy before crap hit the fan. Which there was a lot of stuff I'm not gonna mention that went down before Maxwell shut William up entirely.

• Like 2

20170328_151718_HDR~3.jpg

Happy Higgsbury Family.

Because I have been harsh on some of them. (*cough* Wilson and Edward *cough*) So happiness for them in the Wilson and Albert AU.

… I can’t remember the last time I drew something for this AU.

So yeah. Just fluffiness and drawing all the Higgsburys together.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 5

^54604DE22D925D106C4EEAD45790AC3ADF6A4501B31AC0F52B^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Another one of those things that comes out of conversations between Storm and I.

So since certain things were revealed in StS we started pondering over how they would apply in Wilson and Albert after thinking about it. Well, the end result was this:

Edward still got cursed just not to the same degree he was in StS. In the WnA AU, he was cursed during the war time by Cato. Thankfully, Cato didn’t actually succeed in fully possessing him. Edward was able to beat him, but only to a certain degree. He still suffers from major insanity episodes, hears voices and during full moons he takes on the look he did when Cato was trying to overtake him. Edward has come up with methods to cope, including his specialized nightmare fuel medicine he developed and he still uses his music as a way to keep his sanity high. (He has magic abilities since here the shadow world wasn’t a secret for him. So he has magic based around his music.) So yeah, he’s no grue, but he is a cursed one due to shadow creature meddling.

He was a little worried when Cece and him were going to have kids because he was afraid they would inherit his curse. Thankfully, his mother was able to help clear the air and made it clear they would be perfectly healthy and no curses could be passed on.

Except the only thing they didn’t count on was Albert getting cursed due to some misfortune that happened during a venture in the Out Lands with Wilson. Edward was about as devastated as Cece was when this happened and well wishes he could’ve been there for his son to protect him.

But he wanted to help more than anything so he helped develop the medicine Albert takes and on occasion, like we see here, does spend time with Albert during full moons to cope with his insanity and grue form. While he isn’t a grue in any sense of the matter, he knows what it’s like not being able to sleep due to insanity or just urges in general. It’s just how it is.

They generally just stay huddled together, but they do other things. They do play some games, talk about matters, or play music together. Edward still has his musical gift so any instrument Albert wanted to learn, he could learn with him, which in Al’s case is the guitar. While Ed excels faster, he still enjoys learning with him and more importantly, he’s just glad to see Albert smile despite the stuff he has to put up with on the full moon.

So yeah, long story short, they try to cope with their curses together.

And I really wanted to draw something involving Ed and Albert since they haven’t really got one on one time so here it is. Admittedly we just had nothing before due to Ed not having much of his story revealed in the main time line but now that it’s been revealed, he gets to expand in the other AUs.

Anyways, this post is getting long. Have some fluff of Ed singing to Albert. You can insert any song you want so long as it fits. Sure, it won’t get Al to sleep, but it is a comfort.

Enjoy.

• Like 5

WnA DST Doodles.png

Usually I won't do Wilson and Albert stuff in the DST style but never hurts to do things different once and awhile. It's just not the official look.

Anyways, just random doodles of things that were in my brain.

Left to Right:

1. Any one who has owned a cat knows they love their attention and well will interrupt anything you're doing to get it. My cat, Angel, would just hop up in my lap whenever I was doing some simple drawings or was playing games. I imagine Lady does the same to everyone else in the Higgsbury household. Decided I would pick on Ed since he works at his piano a lot and well, who is to say Lady wouldn't want to sit in his lap right in the middle of practicing an or writing a song.

"Ah! L-Lady!"

"Mew!"

2. While the Tri-Shadow City Area is a settled place they still do hunting and scavenging from time to time and well Cece is one of those people who will help with that. Though when Albert was super super tiny he often got to come along for the ride since the little guy couldn't sleep aaaaand he really didn't like his mom being gone. So Cece would have in him a little backpack all wrapped up in blankets. She was careful with what kind of creatures she would go looking for because she didn't want Al getting hurt. Either way, she did like having her little poofer with her. This stopped once Al got older, but who is to say he wouldn't help with hunting later? He just can't get piggy back rides from his mom.

"Comfortable back there, Albert?"

"Bah!"

3. And Wilson and Edward being all happy because why not? Like I said, been a little harsh on the two so just letting them have some happiness since in this world Wilson didn't have to go through losing his dad to insanity. They get to be together. They couldn't be happier.

"Love you, Father."

"I love you too Wilson, so much."

And that's it. Enjoy! =D

• Like 5