[Game Update] - 187752

• Developer
  • Added new Minimap icons for Gold and Moonrock Boulders.
  • Simplified Ocuvigil animations to reduce texture size.
  • Fixed bug causing Minimap Fog to not render while the Player is a ghost.
  • Fixed bug causing missing character icons from previously visited servers in the Server Listings screen.

View full update

• Like 9

@V2C The last update changed the way burning interacts with lootdroppers. Based on the comments, it sounds like you only intended this to affect buildings, but this also means that using fire on enemies is virtually unpunished, now-- the deerclops will still drop its eye, ewecus still drop its wool, etc.

• Like 2

• Developer
50 minutes ago, rezecib said:

@V2C The last update changed the way burning interacts with lootdroppers. Based on the comments, it sounds like you only intended this to affect buildings, but this also means that using fire on enemies is virtually unpunished, now-- the deerclops will still drop its eye, ewecus still drop its wool, etc.

Thanks for pointing that out. The fix was just intended for structures.

Edited by V2C
fixed in 187752
  • Like 2

"hey where are you, equip the compass"

"wehres base"

Just a thought.

What if the compass revealed people's positions by carrying it on the inventory?

That would even make Chester and Hutch visible by dumping a compass in them too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Added new Minimap icons for Gold and Moonrock Boulders.

View full update

Nice, it will be easier to go where is the resource you need instead of searching in all the rock.

12 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

What if the compass revealed people's positions by carrying it on the inventory?

That would even make Chester and Hutch visible by dumping a compass in them too.

I guess that you could want to disable the compass effect (like i don't know, in some pvp) without having to drop the compass ?

9 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I guess that you could want to disable the compass effect (like i don't know, in some pvp) without having to drop the compass ?

Well, there could be a few alternatives to this... putting it in a backpack could disable it... right-clicking could turn it on/off... Unfortunately the idea of being able to turn it on/off doesn't fit very well with the idea of a compass in the first place. Then again neither does its current function at all.

I think maybe the better route is to leave the current compass as it is and have an upgraded version later that works from the inventory and can be activated/deactivated. The thulecite medallion would be a decent candidate, or it could be something entirely new (maybe the moonlenses would allow you to see people with the same color?).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rezecib said:

Wait, wait, wait, what? How does the fire work now with "loot-dropping" and structures? Could you elaborate on that? 

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Wait, wait, wait, what? How does the fire work now with "loot-dropping" and structures? Could you elaborate on that? 

Fire burns chest. If you hammer a normal chest and if you hammer a burnt chest, you get different results.

I assume they changed it now so they give the same either way

Hi guys,

stupid question, do you know if we can see custom characters with compass on the map?

example i have try with frog webber by Klei:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=451023177

i can see my friend having wx78 on the map, but he can't see me as frog webber on the map

i mean it's bug? or it's normal for this moment?

Edited by ToNiO55

@V2C, as we are in the mood of map icons, could I make a suggestion? I can think of some other stuff that is stationary and should have map icons as well: Rabbit holes and mushrooms.

I don't know if the fact that they usually are in numerous amounts could lag the map, but I think it would make a great addition to the maps in general...

• Like 1

@ToNiO55 If the custom character does not have its icon named prefab.png (e.g. webber.png) then it won't load it on its own. Mods can set their icon in it by doing inst.components.maprevealable:SetIcon(iconname) in the master_postinit.

Actually one of the silent changes of the beta, I think, is that the map icons now care about the file extension-- before if you had it as webber.tex, you could still ask for webber.png and get it. Now you have to ask for exactly what the atlas calls it, which for most mods will be .tex because that's what the autocompiler makes.

Many mods also just use a different name for the prefab and icon, though, and there's not much the base game can do to support that beyond SetIcon. Unless they add a inst.MiniMapEntity:GetIcon()... which might be nice to have anyway.

• Like 2

@V2C I found a new bug; if you have a torch skin (or at least a tragic torch, dunno about the survival torch skin cause I don't have it) and select it, go off the tab, then when you open up the torch tab again, it goes back to classic skin. I thought that it's something that became a changed feature, but aparently since backpacks do save their last selected skins, I assumed this was a bug for torches.

• Like 1

• Developer

@EuedeAdodooedoe I believe it only remembers your last selected skin if you actually craft the item.

@ToNiO55 Thanks for the report; there will be a fix soon for mod character minimap icons to show up properly.

Also, for now we'll probably hold off on adding icons to more objects that didn't have them before, as they do result in a lot more data that the server needs to save.

• Like 3