(DST) What is your best team combination?

Also, I forgot to mention: for Webber, someone who can manage sanity well: Maxwell or Willow (she got this buffed Bernie some time ago). Maxwell needs someone to protect him, Webber has low sanity. Willow can recover it through many ways. So for me, Maxwell wears armour and a helmet, Webber - something improving sanity, say, a top hat and a dapper vest, Willow - a helmet and a backpack. When in the caves, Webber is fully-equipped with the aforementioned clothes and a ranged weapon. Willow is tasked with melee (tentacle spike!) or gathering when it is safe. Maxwell carries a lantern while in the best protective gear available. Webber negates the night drain entirely (two items with 3.3 sanity per minute each against a drain of five), both he and Willow can fight to diminish the chance of Max being damaged. Max can even drop a lantern and use darts to back them up. Willow regains sanity from fire.

Wickerbottom and the seven five Wolfgangs.

You could conquer overworld + caves under one year (not saying you can't do that with other characters, just sayin' that Wolfgangs would have an easy job).

And then reset the world and play all Wes, of course.

Why not all the characters together? They all have their own strengths and weaknesses (Wes is stronger than Wolfgang, duh) and the game is a lot more fun when people can put aside their petty differences and come together as a team. To unite towards a common goal and take down everything they might come across.

Or just have a bunch of Wickerbottoms farming for Berries and stuff. What the heck do I know, right?

The team I use it's often:

WX78, Because of it's upgrading ability
Wilson, Because of his beard to make meat effigies
Webber, Because of his "free" spider nest and because we can have spiders armies (:D)
Wickerbottom, because of the books
Wigfrid, Because of the easy fighting, so easy meat
and Maxwell For gathering resources with his minions.

Vestal, Bounty hunter, Hound master and... oh, wait, wrong game. For don't starve... Maxwell is now the best for basic resources with his minions,then he is always welcome, we always play with 2 explorers, willow and wickerbottom are a good for that because the starting backpack and "lighter" cooking, finally wilson, his work is stay alive and produce some beard

Archived