New Hidden Picture/Message in Spoialge Trailer!

So, we now have a visual of a new mob that will be released in a future update (thanks to cejoga for putting together that it was indeed a moving ascii picture, look at our thought process over here). The picture he found was this:

post-5693-13764590360455_thumb.png Posted Image

In that same .lua file (xbnyn.lua) there's actually a jumbled message that's in the actual code itself that I had decoded while everyone else was trying to figure out what that creature was.

post-5693-13764590360984_thumb.png

*Not the full code, line 17 goes on for a while.

Once I confirmed what was jumbled up code and what was just plain jargon, I came up with this:

URYYB. LBH UNIR SBHAQ GUVF ZRFFNTR. UNIR RIRELGUVAT V FRAG GB FB SNE.

QBAR TBBQ WBO. ERZNVA JNGPUSHY. ZBER FUNER.

GURL JVYY QRAL RIRELGUVAT. QBA'G JNAG ZR VAGRESRER.

HFR JUNGRIRE PUNAARYF PNA.

HELLO. YOU HAVE FOUND THIS MESSAGE. HAVE EVERYTHING I SEND TO SO FAR.

DONE GOOD JOB. REMAIN WATCHFUL. MORE SHARE.

THEY WILL DENY EVERYTHING. DON'T WANT ME INTERFERE.

USE WHATEVER CHANNELS CAN.

U = H

R = E

Y = L

B= O

I = V

S = F

A = N

G = T

Z = M

Q = D

W = J

P = C

K = X

It doesn't say much but it's definitely a hidden message none the less...Kind of a creepy one at that. Anyways what are everyone else's thoughts on these discoveries? I don't really know what to make out of them other than that mob seems to be neutral and adorable as hell lol.

Gotta love how Klei keeps offering new hints and puzzles.

its really nice when a dev goes out of his way to add little hints and such like this.

it gives people somthing to do with the game without actualy having to play it.

and the community feels like they earned the information, so it kinda gets around the problem of people constantly droning on about wanting to know more and more when they are just flat out told it.

maybe its the plague doctor suggestion it looks like it ,has a mask, black body, but the ears throw me off

Nah I think it's definitely a little creature, [MENTION=6092]rodrigo4sb[/MENTION] made a gif of what the actual file shows you when you open and I added it to the spoiler in the OP, take a second look. My apologies!

I was unable to decompile the .lua file, which is weird. However, their is a message as well inside the "Animation" ACII, if you watch closely you can se letters change every frame below the animation.

I had used Notepad++ to open up the .lua and that's how I found that message. I never actually got a chance to see the .lua ascii pic run myself, only that little gif that rodrigo posted. I completely believe you, I just can't see it for myself. :( What program did you use to open it?

Also, I want to know what he meant by that message.......Is Kevin going crazy? o.O

im realllly reallly sad they put in food spoilage, wasted about 10 hours collecting food for nutting....

This is NOT the topic for it, stop spamming these complaining posts please.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually [MENTION=1286]Skull[/MENTION] already beat you to the punch. :\

Nope, and it dosn't really matter who is first.

I was unable to decompile the .lua file, which is weird. However, their is a message as well inside the "Animation" ACII, if you watch closely you can se letters change every frame below the animation.

Actually, we can't. Remember the TOS of the game? That's why I ran the file instead decompiled it ;)

[MENTION=7810]Dr.Cox[/MENTION],

Lol!

The message is essentially the same as W00dy has pointed out in the OP, how unexciting!

You're right! Finally managed to run it with LUA (just learning all this stuff, myself :p) and I saw the image being written at the bottom. Same exact message! :D I hope I didn't violate the ToS by just opening the .lua through Notepad++, I truly didn't know that was bad if it is. :(

Hello. You have found this message. You have found everything i have sent to you so far. You have done a good job. Remain watchful. I have more to share. They will deny everything. They don't want me to interfere.

THIS IS THE MESSAGE SO FAR!!!!

Hello. You have found this message. You have found everything i have sent to you so far.

You have done a good job. Remain watchful. I have more to share. They will deny everything. They don't want me to interfere.

I will use whatever channels I can.

This is the entire translation, there is nothing more.

Archived