Is there a way to change character after choosing one?

Here's the thing

My friend wanted to join me, and for some reason he picked Woodie despite saying that he can't handle him. Now he would like to switch character, but how?

As far as I remember in closed beta you could use some command to delete whatever is under your mouse. Is it still working? What was the command for it? Or maybe there some other, maybe legitimate, way to switch character?

Also, if it's not endless, death will automatically take your friend straight to the character picker. Chris's method will work as long as you are the host (since commands work only for the admin). Click Tab and hold it to bring up the scoreboard, memorise your friend's number, then put it into the command. For instance if the player to be rerolled is the third on the list, then you write c_despawn(AllPlayers[3]) and pray for the scoreboard being correct. The host is always Number One (hehe). So you can just skip the first player and focus on the entries from 2 onwards. It's best if everyone empties their inventory (unequipping everything as well) in case you reroll a wrong person (happens). Also, all learnt recipes will be gone.

38 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

The host is always Number One (hehe).

It works like this(I think) so you spawn in first you're the host, you're number one, now if your friend spawns in he is number two, do you hate the character you are mister number one? Then reroll your character as the host with the command, and now you're number two and your friend who once was two is now one.

It's confusing I know, it's also glitchy if you spawn in npc characters aka c_spawn("Wickerbottom") it most of the time crashes if you go over the server limit. :p

7 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

It works like this(I think) so you spawn in first you're the host, you're number one, now if your friend spawns in he is number two, do you hate the character you are mister number one? Then reroll your character as the host with the command, and now you're number two and your friend who once was two is now one.

It's confusing I know, it's also glitchy if you spawn in npc characters aka c_spawn("Wickerbottom") it most of the time crashes if you go over the server limit. :p

No, the host is the server's owner. So the owner can hang in the lobby, picking a character, with their friends joining and already playing, and still be the host. It's about the rank. I rerolled myself once and it didn't change my Number One.

21 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

No, the host is the server's owner. So the owner can hang in the lobby, picking a character, with their friends joining and already playing, and still be the host. It's about the rank. I rerolled myself once and it didn't change my Number One.

Sure k.

Edit: I came back to open a salt packet cause just look at it my lazy reply *opens salt packet and throws it around like pixie dust.*

14 hours ago, WildWesternWilson said:

The host is a liquid released by the urethra after building up within the bladder? 
I always knew that the host was looking similar to a form of precipitate as of late after dabbling with water for so long! 

Nope, as in One Ring Host to Rule Them All.

1 minute ago, WildWesternWilson said:

The Precious Potato Cup... I must take it home... Make it clean...

Well, good luck with that (salutes).

Actually a friend's server now has a little Potato Cup shrine in the base, so any donations you may wish to make in order to appease @nome the Mighty are welcome. If you prove yourself worthy of passing the trials of the righteous, naturally, that is the minions (tentacles, rooks, bishops, spiders, merms and one pissed bearger).

1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

Actually a friend's server now has a little Potato Cup shrine in the base, so any donations you may wish to make in order to appease @nome the Mighty are welcome. If you prove yourself worthy of passing the trials of the righteous, naturally, that is the minions (tentacles, rooks, bishops, spiders, merms and one pissed bearger).

It's my birthday today, a-and you said I could have anything I wanted!

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Lemme just authorize this shrine right here, ye see. -gets out pen and paper. Scribbles a Potato, erases half of it, then draws a lenny face on it.- All righty then. All set to go on worshiping. Hail the potato cup and all that. 

7 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Lemme just authorize this shrine right here, ye see. -gets out pen and paper. Scribbles a Potato, erases half of it, then draws a lenny face on it.- All righty then. All set to go on worshiping. Hail the potato cup and all that. 

HAIL POTATOCUP

HE WAS BOILED FOR YOUR SINS

Archived