[Game Update] - 177500

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Wait it's a dark sword amount of damage? And...does it regen? Seriously? 

A fully-domesticated ornery tendency beefalo does 50 damage a hit, plus 16 with a war saddle, so 66 damage to dark sword's 68. And yes, all beefalo (domesticated or otherwise) regenerate health in DST, about 7 every 10 seconds. So (obviously providing you don't let it die) they'll regenerate the entirety of their health in about three days. If that's too long, they gain 4x the health from food (but will only eat vegetables and some crock pot recipes), so you can stock up on dragonpies and butter muffins for quick top ups.

Edited by TheHalcyonOne
  • Like 7

The new saddle is fantastic news. I for one adore domesticating beefalos. Not only does it give you a long-time pastime and the cool factor equalling Shadow Wes (guess who's going to take dashing screenies now), but also protects you nicely. My resident beefie Binky is my fortress against hounds and griefers. For the latter, just having him and his family fed was enough to turn the thief into smithereens. I was shocked, but very, VERY proud for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Garlands are good early game though. But when the garland spoils/you got anything better/you're maxwell, **** that.

They really aren't. And why the heck would you need one for early game when you've got prototyping and the like restoring it much faster anyway? It's a bad habit that really needs to be broken. The parasols and whirly fans those flowers could be made into for people who join in spring and summer far outvalue that tiny 20 or so sanity you'll gain over the course of FIVE days (roughly speaking), and that's being generous considering how much potential sanity gain is wasted on those who go and pick that 60 sanity worth of flowers and only actually gain maybe 2 or 3 points because they're already maxed from being a fresh spawn.

And that isn't even touching on the food source you squander from the butterflies not being able to spawn there anymore. No, garlands are and have always been a waste.

Edited by Quyzbuk
  • Like 1

• Developer
12 hours ago, rezecib said:

Wendy's new strings... ANNOUNCE_WET = "Even wetter than when I cry myself to sleep.", BERNIE_ACTIVE = "He dances to forget the pain.",

D:

@KrisRF

These ones look off, though:

SLURTLEHAT="I doubt it will help anymore than it did for the original owner.", -- anymore -> any more?
		DRUMSTICK = "Makes a good thud and it's nutritious'!", -- extra '?

The Glossamer Saddle strings are amazing!

Heh heh heh heh.... Glad you like the Wendy lines.

Will fix that typo!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

About Wolfgang and beefalo riding:

Wolfgang's mighty state affects his scale. He's 25% bigger than Wilson when his hunger is full.

The scale of an entity affects its moving speed.

Since when you ride a beefalo, you actually become the beefalo and the rider (beefalo goes invisible), the scale changes apply.

Therefore, beefalo is bigger, and faster.

You can try it yourself. Pick Wilson. Do ThePlayer.Transform:SetScale(3,3,3) and mount a beefalo.

• Like 1

Lol who needs beefalo when you can eat 15 gears and got charged by 15 "The End is Nigh!" to get super duper charge for the rest of the game? Seriously, it's the best. Piggyback is not a problem, you can mine all stone from caves and be cool wtih this robotic moustache!

• Like 1