Finishing my Common collection [TRADE HOLD]

36 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Nah, sosik there is wanting two items for their one item.

Which is trader talk for "I'm ripping you off" in a nice way.

Oh dear :wilson_shocked:. Is it a joke? I understand if I wanted something so badly to offer several items for it, I don't know, matching the higher tier or the current market value... but to ask this of another?

I am too old for this, apparently...

9 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Oh dear :wilson_shocked:. Is it a joke? I understand if I wanted something so badly to offer several items for it, I don't know, matching the higher tier or the current market value... but to ask this of another?

I am too old for this, apparently...

No, sosik just wants you to give them 2 items for one of their items. They make profit while making you look like a fool. They've done this before, you know. I imagine that they take the duplicates of their items and sells them on the Community Market. Maybe even trying to stuff their backpack to the brim with other people's items before going to the market.

9 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

No, sosik just wants you to give them 2 items for one of their items. He makes profit while making you look like a fool. He's done this before, you know. I imagine that they take the duplicates of their items and sells them on the Community Market.

Crivens... People really do such- urgh! I'm sorry. Composed (sort of) now again. Here is the thing: this sounds more than fishy. Think twice before entering such a shady deal lest you can actually be taken advantage of. You know I am looking for the shirt for you. And when I get it, I know your trade link.

10 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Here is the thing: this sounds more than fishy. Think twice before entering such a shady deal lest you can actually be taken advantage of. You know I am looking for the shirt for you. And when I get it, I know your trade link.

I just clicked his trade link (sosisKa) in his trade post and he has, as of this message, 825 items for DST, which translates into 33 pages of items.

I'd be careful of this person if I were you, concerning the matter of trading.

9 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

I just clicked his trade link (sosisKa) in his trade post and he has, as of this message, 825 items for DST, which translates into 33 pages of items.

I'd be careful of this person if I were you, concerning the matter of trading.

Exactly. Just what sort of an adult (read: work, some social obligations) can acquire that many items? Four items a week, 825/4=206,25 on top of my head. Just how many hours would it take? Because how many weeks is clear...

Please. Be patient and let me hunt that shirt down for you.

I have that shirt twice, if you want it you can have it. :)

Edit - And I have made you an offer for a pair of yellow gloves I seem to not have for some reason :p Let me know! Oh, and my apologies Arlesienne, kind of 'stealing' your deal here. I just got it double in my second to last drop is all. :/

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Exactly. Just what sort of an adult (read: work, some social obligations) can acquire that many items? Four items a week, 825/4=206,25 on top of my head. Just how many hours would it take? Because how many weeks is clear...

Lol, I just know little secret how to get more than 4 items per week. :)

6 hours ago, Kittydub said:

Edit - And I have made you an offer for a pair of yellow gloves I seem to not have for some reason :p Let me know! Oh, and my apologies Arlesienne, kind of 'stealing' your deal here. I just got it double in my second to last drop is all. :/

Thanks a ton, Kittydub! My lifelong dream is finally complete!

Now that I have all the commons, that means I will receive more Uncommon drops, right, Klei?

...Klei?

5 hours ago, sosiskaKi said:

CoWZ05t.gif

9 hours ago, Kittydub said:

No offense taken! I'm actually relieved since this means I can sleep soundly knowing Lasagna has his desired shirt :)!

2 hours ago, MonsterLasagna said:

Thanks a ton, Kittydub! My lifelong dream is finally complete!

Now that I have all the commons, that means I will receive more Uncommon drops, right, Klei?

...Klei?

CoWZ05t.gif

Fingers crossed!

11 hours ago, sosiskaKi said:

Since commons are so easy to get, you can just spend pennies buying them off the community market. Then, you can come back here to the forums and hope someone needs an item enough, hopefully a common you've already bought. You enforce a rule of trading 2 items for one of your items and in the end, you end up making profit. I think you're just using people so you don't have to buy a Distinguished for yourself. If it isn't a Distinguished you want, you sell it and the cycle starts again. Smart, but not that much of a secret.

Edit: I'll stop pestering you now, but I'll keep this here as a sign for other people and allow them to judge whether or not giving you 2 items for one of yours within the same class in unfair.

1 hour ago, TheKingDedede said:

Since commons are so easy to get, you can just spend pennies buying them off the community market. Then, you can come back here to the forums and hope someone needs an item enough, hopefully a common you've already bought. You enforce a rule of trading 2 items for one of your items and in the end, you end up making profit. I think you're just using people so you don't have to buy a Distinguished for yourself. If it isn't a Distinguished you want, you sell it and the cycle starts again. Smart, but not that much of a secret.

Nope, I don't use Market. xD

If you wanna know how I get so many skins per week, ask me in Steam.

And, BTW, I got here only 2 trades.

36 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

He probably has multiple accounts. 15 hours or something for the four skins a week per account, godmode on and a mod to open presents automaticly, change account, rinse, repeat. Trade with your main account. Tadaa. 

This still requires several game copies. If you share DST through Steam Family... Whatever, it is still linked to the Klei account. But, honestly, WHY would anyone try to outsmart (that's to put it politely) the system :(?

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

This still requires several game copies. If you share DST through Steam Family... Whatever, it is still linked to the Klei account. But, honestly, WHY would anyone try to outsmart (that's to put it politely) the system :(?

The game is quite cheap if you look at some of the drops on the market. (I'm looking at you, catcoon backpack D:< ) 15 for two copies of DST basically, so 30 and you have yourself four copies for three of your secondary accounts. 16 drops a week. I guess if you do it long enough, yeah, you can profit? Who would put that kind of silly effort in a game? No clue!

It's either something like that or 'the secret of getting more items!' is just the market and mommy's creditcard. (I say this because I can't imagine someone with that much time on their hands, to have a feasible job.)

22 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

The game is quite cheap if you look at some of the drops on the market. (I'm looking at you, catcoon backpack D:< ) 15 for two copies of DST basically, so 30 and you have yourself four copies for three of your secondary accounts. 16 drops a week. I guess if you do it long enough, yeah, you can profit? Who would put that kind of silly effort in a game? No clue!

It's either something like that or 'the secret of getting more items!' is just the market and mommy's creditcard. (I say this because I can't imagine someone with that much time on their hands, to have a feasible job.)

Neither can I...

10 hours ago, Kittydub said:

He probably has multiple accounts. 15 hours or something for the four skins a week per account, godmode on and a mod to open presents automaticly, change account, rinse, repeat. Trade with your main account. Tadaa. 

Sherlock. :D

But without mod. With mod it's not interesting.

I mean, you could just leave the game open and computer on while out and about. Switch account once per day day, more skins than you can use with no effort.
...it would require 7 accounts to keep it going all week, but once you have them it wouldn't be difficult. Especially if you have an old laptop or something like that that you never need to use. *glances at mine for no particular reason*
Profits come in faster the more accounts you have, so you obtain each one progressively faster.
Fundamentally a pretty good idea.

The question is, does the profit from the skins outweigh the cost of the electricity used? Guess that depends on where you are...

19 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

I mean, you could just leave the game open and computer on while out and about. Switch account once per day day, more skins than you can use with no effort.
...it would require 7 accounts to keep it going all week, but once you have them it wouldn't be difficult. Especially if you have an old laptop or something like that that you never need to use. *glances at mine for no particular reason*
Profits come in faster the more accounts you have, so you obtain each one progressively faster.
Fundamentally a pretty good idea.

The question is, does the profit from the skins outweigh the cost of the electricity used? Guess that depends on where you are...

A friend told me today there are actually programs that make it possible to idle with all accounts at the same time. (vmware, sandboxie (?) or something like that, can't remember.) That would take the fun of the game away for me though. 

12 hours ago, Kittydub said:

A friend told me today there are actually programs that make it possible to idle with all accounts at the same time. (vmware, sandboxie (?) or something like that, can't remember.) That would take the fun of the game away for me though. 

This.

On 9/14/2016 at 11:28 AM, TheKingDedede said:

Edit: I'll stop pestering you now, but I'll keep this here as a sign for other people and allow them to judge whether or not giving you 2 items for one of yours within the same class in unfair.

Even though the case has been solved, this can't be emphasized enough. Not just with our particular friend here, but every trade, with everyone. Always check the market value before accepting a trade. Even with items of the same tier, someone could play you for quite the fool.

I got several examples with just one item. Multiple people tried offering items worth significantly less than what I was offering. One offerer even tried offering some cheap junk for games I don't even have for BOTH of my only two valuables. One of which I am rather attached to. No go, bro.

3 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

Even though the case has been solved, this can't be emphasized enough. Not just with our particular friend here, but every trade, with everyone. Always check the market value before accepting a trade. Even with items of the same tier, someone could play you for quite the fool.

I got several examples with just one item. Multiple people tried offering items worth significantly less than what I was offering. One offerer even tried offering some cheap junk for games I don't even have for BOTH of my only two valuables. One of which I am rather attached to. No go, bro.

Here go the countless offers of TF2 shtuff I have no idea what to do with for my Shadow Armour...

Archived