The concern about new content in multiplayer being segregated from singleplayer

It's nice to here that DS will likely be getting that polish at least at some point in the future. My biggest small request is update picking up items your cursor is already holding something. Example: trying to pick up silk to add to your inventory stacks but can't because you're holding an axe with your cursor. It becomes very tedious when gathering lots of resources from an area, like bigfoot-stomped wood farms.

21 hours ago, WillPwn4Food said:

It's nice to here that DS will likely be getting that polish at least at some point in the future. My biggest small request is update picking up items your cursor is already holding something. Example: trying to pick up silk to add to your inventory stacks but can't because you're holding an axe with your cursor. It becomes very tedious when gathering lots of resources from an area, like bigfoot-stomped wood farms.

I thought this was some bug but looks like it is some kind of EVIL feature that is driving me crazyyyyy!

tbh i wouldn't mind seeing the resource variants in singleplayer! they put in a little more surprise and change in the world. i know it's not finished quite yet, but i do like the way it's going. (and the polish, please!) 

those sorts of changes would liven up long worlds in single player at least a little bit. skins you've unlocked would be cool in sp as well, if not just as a little bonus for being a player of both versions. 

that being said, i'd rather not see the ewecus ported over unless it's tweaked for single player, as iirc don't you need the steel wool for some of the beefalo riding equipment? it might be a necessity if beefalo riding is ported over anyhow. 

On 5/2/2016 at 3:55 PM, WillPwn4Food said:

It was intentional according to a discussion. See my post at the SW forum.

Honestly, I would be fine with multiplayer-exclusive content. Most owners of Don't Starve have Don't Starve Together anyway, and for now we have Shipwrecked exclusive to singleplayer. Excuse my likely unpopular opinion, but I think Shipwrecked should stay singleplayer-only. I think it could work if it were Wilderness in a massive world, but nothing much else.

Sorry, I don't have time to elaborate; school starts soon.

On 5/4/2016 at 5:05 AM, Bebbit said:

Honestly, I would be fine with multiplayer-exclusive content. Most owners of Don't Starve have Don't Starve Together anyway, and for now we have Shipwrecked exclusive to singleplayer. Excuse my likely unpopular opinion, but I think Shipwrecked should stay singleplayer-only. I think it could work if it were Wilderness in a massive world, but nothing much else.

Sorry, I don't have time to elaborate; school starts soon.

I think though multiplayer-exclusive content can be emphasized more in Through the Ages however.

Either way, a lot of the touch ups are the kinds of these that should be added to singleplayer. Recently there's been updates to sounds, like a new sound for opening an icebox, and new sounds for placing structures. Those are the kinds of things that have no harm when ported to singleplayer.

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

I think though multiplayer-exclusive content can be emphasized more in Through the Ages however.

Either way, a lot of the touch ups are the kinds of these that should be added to singleplayer. Recently there's been updates to sounds, like a new sound for opening an icebox, and new sounds for placing structures. Those are the kinds of things that have no harm when ported to singleplayer.

I certainly agree with you on the touch-ups and things like that.

On 5/2/2016 at 7:03 AM, Mario384 said:

On another note, I really hope Klei doesn't try to give us Shipwrecked in DST.  The only thing I want from it is Wilbur.  Because I really want to see Guest of Honor Wilbur.

Funny, I think out of all of the Shipwrecked characters, Warly would be the best fit. While his abilities in single player are on the mediocre side, in a multiplayer environment he could thrive. Having a dedicated, portable cooker to play feeder with decent stats would work out pretty well.

36 minutes ago, TalZahn said:

Funny, I think out of all of the Shipwrecked characters, Warly would be the best fit. While his abilities in single player are on the mediocre side, in a multiplayer environment he could thrive. Having a dedicated, portable cooker to play feeder with decent stats would work out pretty well.

I can agree with that, but...  A monkey in a suit throwing poop at you would the completetion of my experience.

Archived