Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Bryce

Shipwrecked Build 172748 - April 7th

Recommended Posts

Bryce    1,068

Bug Fixes & Changes:

  • Fixed some calendar de-sync issues that could cause you to time travel.
  • Added some missing names to the credits.
  • Glommer's statue drops the old bell blueprint again.
  • Cactus armour no longer changes fire damage scale when unequipped.
  • Rawling can be thrown with a controller.
  • Adjusted placement of buttons on the main screen to prevent overlap issues.
  • The lengths of seasons in shipwrecked and regular worlds now match.
  • Various crash fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryce    1,068
Just now, Mobbstar said:

Is this not in the SW forum on purpose?

Oops :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
12 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Bug Fixes & Changes:

  • Fixed some calendar de-sync issues that could cause you to time travel.
  • The lengths of seasons in shipwrecked and regular worlds now match.

Nice. I'm assuming Winter and Summer now last 15 days instead of randomly 16?

Also, @Bryce where do we post Bug reports now since the SW bug tracker forum is locked? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryce    1,068
Just now, TeoSS69 said:

Also, @Bryce where do we post Bug reports now since the SW bug tracker forum is locked? 

Hmm, post them here I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
Just now, Bryce said:

Hmm, post them here I guess.

Alright then, wasn't sure that was the right place. Thanks for the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SoggyNachos    144
20 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Bug Fixes & Changes:

  • Fixed some calendar de-sync issues that could cause you to time travel.
  • The lengths of seasons in shipwrecked and regular worlds now match.

Okay

1#: So I can't keep travelling back to day 69? God dammit Klei

2#: I'm guessing they'll all use the season timing of RoG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCrapaCreeper    3,099
23 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Bug Fixes & Changes:

  • Fixed some calendar de-sync issues that could cause you to time travel.

Is there a way to fix the day counts on worlds already affected by these bugs? 

The one that got me was appeasing the volcano with a Doydoy feather, to which my day count then jumped from day 37 to day 75 as soon as I left the volcano. Was that one fixed too?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qhil    2

@Bryce: Just for your information: There are some duplicates of stings in the characters speech files.

Spoiler
  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_maxwell.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.HIGH
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.LOW
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.NORMAL
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.OUT
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.TURF_SANDY

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wendy.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WENDY.DESCRIBE.TURF_SANDY
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WENDY.DESCRIBE.DOYDOYFEATHER

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wickerbottom.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WICKERBOTTOM.DESCRIBE.RELIC.GENERIC
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WICKERBOTTOM.DESCRIBE.RELIC.BROKEN

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_willow.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.BURNING
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.BURNT
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.CHOPPED
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.GENERIC
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.POISON

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wilson.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.DOYDOYNEST

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wolfgang.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOLFGANG.DESCRIBE.RELIC.GENERIC
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOLFGANG.DESCRIBE.RELIC.BROKEN

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_woodie.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODIE.DESCRIBE.UNIMPLEMENTED

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_woodlegs.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODLEGS.DESCRIBE.GEARS
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODLEGS.DESCRIBE.GUANO

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wx78.lua
Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WX78.DESCRIBE.CORALREEF

 

Regards,
qhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WillPwn4Food    295
4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Is there a way to fix the day counts on worlds already affected by these bugs? 

The one that got me was appeasing the volcano with a Doydoy feather, to which my day count then jumped from day 37 to day 75 as soon as I left the volcano. Was that one fixed too?

 

As far as restoring the original day count, I'm not one who would know. But if you are trying to change the season length, maybe on the first day of the next season use the console command to change the season length and then immediately change it back to regular. Perhaps it will act as "refreshing" the season timer on your world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
7 hours ago, qhil said:

@Bryce: Just for your information: There are some duplicates of stings in the characters speech files.

  Hide contents
  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_maxwell.lua
  Hide contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.HIGH
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.LOW
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.NORMAL
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.ICEMAKER.OUT
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.DESCRIBE.TURF_SANDY

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wendy.lua
  Hide contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WENDY.DESCRIBE.TURF_SANDY
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WENDY.DESCRIBE.DOYDOYFEATHER

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wickerbottom.lua
  Reveal hidden contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WICKERBOTTOM.DESCRIBE.RELIC.GENERIC
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WICKERBOTTOM.DESCRIBE.RELIC.BROKEN

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_willow.lua
  Reveal hidden contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.BURNING
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.BURNT
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.CHOPPED
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.GENERIC
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.DESCRIBE.DECIDUOUSTREE.POISON

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wilson.lua
  Reveal hidden contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.DOYDOYNEST

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wolfgang.lua
  Reveal hidden contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOLFGANG.DESCRIBE.RELIC.GENERIC
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOLFGANG.DESCRIBE.RELIC.BROKEN

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_woodie.lua
  Reveal hidden contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODIE.DESCRIBE.UNIMPLEMENTED

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_woodlegs.lua
  Reveal hidden contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODLEGS.DESCRIBE.GEARS
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODLEGS.DESCRIBE.GUANO

  • \data\DLC0002\scripts\speech_wx78.lua
  Reveal hidden contents

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WX78.DESCRIBE.CORALREEF

 

Regards,
qhil

Also shoals need unique lines(pond lines don't really make any sense).

And Woodlegs doesn't have a line for Obsidian Fire Pit's states(unlike a firepit's states), and in case of hail, voice comes out of his mouth but he's left speechless. Not even a thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryce    1,068
10 hours ago, TeoSS69 said:

@Bryce, also any word on the current state of Coffee duration?

 

Looks like it's a bug caused by the update delta time of the speed modifiers timer not being divisible by the simulation tick time. The result is ~30% of the coffee duration is wasted. It'll be fixed the next time an update goes out, but if you want to fix it on your local machine you could go into data/DLC0002/scripts/components/locomotor.lua and change line 17 from:

local SPEED_MOD_TIMER_DT = 0.1

to

local SPEED_MOD_TIMER_DT = FRAMES
23 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Is there a way to fix the day counts on worlds already affected by these bugs? 

The one that got me was appeasing the volcano with a Doydoy feather, to which my day count then jumped from day 37 to day 75 as soon as I left the volcano. Was that one fixed too?

The bug had to do with entering/ leaving caves and volcanoes so I assume that would be fixed.

19 hours ago, qhil said:

@Bryce: Just for your information: There are some duplicates of stings in the characters speech files.

  Reveal hidden contents

Regards,
qhil

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alainmcd    889

@Bryce, is there any chance Wigfrid will get some love? She was nerfed all around in SW (her items are more expensive because of the scarcity of gold, her perks are less useful), but the lack of coffee makes her simply the worst late-game character: she's the worst at exploring (world hopping, spelunking) and she's arguably the worst fighter (since coffee makes kiting easier, both on land and at sea). And a viking boat would be nice as many have suggested, but I guess at this point that ship has sailed.

Also, will we see merged crafting tables? My suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
1 hour ago, alainmcd said:

@Bryce, is there any chance Wigfrid will get some love? 

I'm going to ignore that statement this time for fear of recreating the train wreck that was the 'Wigfrid needs coffee' thread.

Anyway, @Bryce, there are a few questions I'd like answered regarding bug fixes/tweaks:

*Are you going to fix shadow creatures teleporting onto water? It happens far too frequently to be overlooked.

*Are baby water beefalo going to be a thing anytime soon?

*Peacocks?

*“it's a... thing”? So many missing inspection lines lying around.

*Quacken's drops?

I was trying to get him to spawn recently to no prevail, but in the space of 5 days shortly after I got a booty bag from buried treasure and the walking cane from the slot machine. I guess this applies to the Tigershark too (with the dumbrella), but doesn't having alternative ways to get a giant's 'unique' drops undermine the reward of killing it? I see no reason to kill the Quacken anymore, unless I'm particularly desperate for thelucite gear. Which I'm not.

And, as others have made very clear to me on many occasions, world hopping is quite popular with the (rest of the) community. This means that the thelucite gear is also not unique to the Quacken because you can bring them over from RoG anyway in rather vast quantities.

*Doydoys walking into walls and gaps in walls. Is this intentional? It's not very interesting having a large pen made for them if they're just going to march on the spot as if they're doing some weird avian military drill. 

* The inefficiency of boat repair kits. I think most people have realised by now that just hammering the old boat and making a new one is cheaper than using a repair kit. Why...?

I would imagine that the boat repair kit's intended purpose is to fix your boat without the need to make a new one; the same principle as a sewing kit. This rewards preparation and makes more careless playstyles ineffective; the main concept of Don't Starve. So what purpose does it actually serve if it can't even do that? The most obvious solution would be to give it 4 uses instead of 3, but that's just my view.

 

Anyway, rant aside, I do really like this expansion and I'm pleased with how it's turned out. I just feel like the things above could've - and should've - been sorted out before the game left early access, rather than them looming over the finished product and making it seems as if it's still in late EA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Volcanoes and caves still cause issues with seasons. When I went to enter the volcano for the first time in my latest world, it didn't cause any wild jumping in the actual day count and I can save and quit now without rewinding to a specific day. However, when I went in I was in monsoon season, just a few days before dry season should have started; when I came out, it was mild season.

 

I backed my game up before I went in just in case something still went screwy, but now I find that the game for some reason expects the volcano save file to exist, even though I backed my files up before I entered the volcano to generate it. If you've got any idea how I could fix that, that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCrapaCreeper    3,099
7 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Volcanoes and caves still cause issues with seasons. When I went to enter the volcano for the first time in my latest world, it didn't cause any wild jumping in the actual day count and I can save and quit now without rewinding to a specific day. However, when I went in I was in monsoon season, just a few days before dry season should have started; when I came out, it was mild season.

 

I backed my game up before I went in just in case something still went screwy, but now I find that the game for some reason expects the volcano save file to exist, even though I backed my files up before I entered the volcano to generate it. If you've got any idea how I could fix that, that would be great.

Yes, I had an issue with Shipwrecked seasons when down into the caves. It was the beginning of hurricane season when I went to RoG, went spelunking into the ruins for a few days, came back to SW, and it was the end of monsoon. Haven't tried the volcano. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
voyager156    357
42 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

I'm going to ignore that statement this time for fear of recreating the train wreck that was the 'Wigfrid needs coffee' thread.

Anyway, @Bryce, there are a few questions I'd like answered regarding bug fixes/tweaks:

*Are you going to fix shadow creatures teleporting onto water? It happens far too frequently to be overlooked.

*Are baby water beefalo going to be a thing anytime soon?

*Peacocks?

*“it's a... thing”? So many missing inspection lines lying around.

*Quacken's drops?

I was trying to get him to spawn recently to no prevail, but in the space of 5 days shortly after I got a booty bag from buried treasure and the walking cane from the slot machine. I guess this applies to the Tigershark too (with the dumbrella), but doesn't having alternative ways to get a giant's 'unique' drops undermine the reward of killing it? I see no reason to kill the Quacken anymore, unless I'm particularly desperate for thelucite gear. Which I'm not.

And, as others have made very clear to me on many occasions, world hopping is quite popular with the (rest of the) community. This means that the thelucite gear is also not unique to the Quacken because you can bring them over from RoG anyway in rather vast quantities.

*Doydoys walking into walls and gaps in walls. Is this intentional? It's not very interesting having a large pen made for them if they're just going to march on the spot as if they're doing some weird avian military drill. 

* The inefficiency of boat repair kits. I think most people have realised by now that just hammering the old boat and making a new one is cheaper than using a repair kit. Why...?

I would imagine that the boat repair kit's intended purpose is to fix your boat without the need to make a new one; the same principle as a sewing kit. This rewards preparation and makes more careless playstyles ineffective; the main concept of Don't Starve. So what purpose does it actually serve if it can't even do that? The most obvious solution would be to give it 4 uses instead of 3, but that's just my view.

 

Anyway, rant aside, I do really like this expansion and I'm pleased with how it's turned out. I just feel like the things above could've - and should've - been sorted out before the game left early access, rather than them looming over the finished product and making it seems as if it's still in late EA.

^ Exactly, answer this questions please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
10 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

I'm going to ignore that statement this time for fear of recreating the train wreck that was the 'Wigfrid needs coffee' thread.

Anyway, @Bryce, there are a few questions I'd like answered regarding bug fixes/tweaks:

*Are you going to fix shadow creatures teleporting onto water? It happens far too frequently to be overlooked.

*Are baby water beefalo going to be a thing anytime soon?

*Peacocks?

*“it's a... thing”? So many missing inspection lines lying around.

*Quacken's drops?

I was trying to get him to spawn recently to no prevail, but in the space of 5 days shortly after I got a booty bag from buried treasure and the walking cane from the slot machine. I guess this applies to the Tigershark too (with the dumbrella), but doesn't having alternative ways to get a giant's 'unique' drops undermine the reward of killing it? I see no reason to kill the Quacken anymore, unless I'm particularly desperate for thelucite gear. Which I'm not.

And, as others have made very clear to me on many occasions, world hopping is quite popular with the (rest of the) community. This means that the thelucite gear is also not unique to the Quacken because you can bring them over from RoG anyway in rather vast quantities.

*Doydoys walking into walls and gaps in walls. Is this intentional? It's not very interesting having a large pen made for them if they're just going to march on the spot as if they're doing some weird avian military drill. 

* The inefficiency of boat repair kits. I think most people have realised by now that just hammering the old boat and making a new one is cheaper than using a repair kit. Why...?

I would imagine that the boat repair kit's intended purpose is to fix your boat without the need to make a new one; the same principle as a sewing kit. This rewards preparation and makes more careless playstyles ineffective; the main concept of Don't Starve. So what purpose does it actually serve if it can't even do that? The most obvious solution would be to give it 4 uses instead of 3, but that's just my view.

 

Anyway, rant aside, I do really like this expansion and I'm pleased with how it's turned out. I just feel like the things above could've - and should've - been sorted out before the game left early access, rather than them looming over the finished product and making it seems as if it's still in late EA.

SHHHHH don't mention peacocks. We have one gobbler less world. I will fight you if you add them. I will sacrifice you in the altar of snackrifice. (Somehow I feel like the moment I finish berry and coffee island, peacocks will come)

Quacken isn't a giant though. It answers 0 of the things it needs to to count as a giant. Is it seasonal(vaguely even, since Tiger Shark is vaguely seasonal)? No. Does it wreck your stuff? Nope. (Note: Not all giants need to answer this, they just need to be able to truly screw you over) Does it drop personalized body parts which can be used to craft some awesome craftable? Nope. 

Quacken is a Varg if anything. You trawl for goodies, and then whoops giant squid monster comes. 

I use boat repair kits....Then again I have an abundancy of stingers since my beebox farm is right near a bunch of monkeys around a silly monkey ball, so every moonsoon season...they slaughter each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
4 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

SHHHHH don't mention peacocks. We have one gobbler less world. I will fight you if you add them. I will sacrifice you in the altar of snackrifice. (Somehow I feel like the moment I finish berry and coffee island, peacocks will come)

Quacken isn't a giant though. It answers 0 of the things it needs to to count as a giant. Is it seasonal(vaguely even, since Tiger Shark is vaguely seasonal)? No. Does it wreck your stuff? Nope. (Note: Not all giants need to answer this, they just need to be able to truly screw you over) Does it drop personalized body parts which can be used to craft some awesome craftable? Nope. 

Quacken is a Varg if anything. You trawl for goodies, and then whoops giant squid monster comes. 

I use boat repair kits....Then again I have an abundancy of stingers since my beebox farm is right near a bunch of monkeys around a silly monkey ball, so every moonsoon season...they slaughter each other. 

I see the Quacken as more of an ancient guardian than a Varg. Hell, if basically is a waterborne Ancient Guardian. You can kill it at will, but it won't screw you over in any way if you don't.

The thing is, the Ancient Guardian dropped the horn as well as the chest, and there's no other way to get that. That's how boss loot should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
9 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

I see the Quacken as more of an ancient guardian than a Varg. Hell, if basically is a waterborne Ancient Guardian. You can kill it at will, but it won't screw you over in any way if you don't.

The thing is, the Ancient Guardian dropped the horn as well as the chest, and there's no other way to get that. That's how boss loot should be.

Thing is ancient guardian was a boss. He was there, you had a reason to go fight him, but he could screw you over.

Lets look at Quacken. Can it screw you over? Maybe if you somehow can't stand the waves, but not really. Does it even directly attack you? Nope. 

Now the loot. You killed Guardian for its horn mainly, but also for more of the rare thulecite stuff which are unrenewable and awesome, so you needed/wanted them.

Quacken is a way to renew craftables for a much higer chance than any of their other sources. He's built like a Varg, for trawling, but the only downside to it is honestly just a less wide list of loot, and losing at least a bit of boat durability.

I actually kind of like the idea of a varg for trawling though, but he's built more like you trawl to get him than the other way around. He despawns if you're too far, so you're not afraid to die to it, you're afraid to lose it, like it's some sort of a rabbit. 

It should give naughtiness if killed at its current stage haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
7 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

He despawns if you're too far, so you're not afraid to die to it, you're afraid to lose it, like it's some sort of a rabbit. 

The Quacken despawns way too easily. I thought it's meant be a legendary monster, not something that runs away if I slap it with a shank of ham a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
36 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

The Quacken despawns way too easily. I thought it's meant be a legendary monster, not something that runs away if I slap it with a shank of ham a few times.

Legendary monster? It shoots oil like its choking, screams for help, and flaps its tentacles like a kid who can't swim.

Killing it is practically killing a little child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites