Loving this game, but...

I always die around day 3 or so. I know, it's like the n00biest thing ever... But I get so caught up exploring, and finding food, and resources and all kinds of crap that I forget what time it is. Then, when I see my minute warning, I see that my "light" icon is green, so I assume I have materials for a fire. When night comes, I go to make a campfire and I can only make a TORCH! So like, several times now, I've spent my last few minutes running around like a madman trying to find some grass and other materials before my freaking torch blows out. I'm always too late, though.. xD

Another kind of "cheat" is to constantly switch between your torch and another tool (eg. axe) and/or spear. When you unequip the torch, it will go dark and you'll get the 1st warning message and then just reequip your torch. This conserves the percentage left on your torch. Repeat until daylight.

Also if you are good at combat (like me) you can get bacon on day 1.

WHERE DO I FIND THE DELICIOUS BACON YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?!!!!!

Didn't even know that bacon is in the game! xD

Also, it's not hard to get resources for a basic campfire. First thing you should do is look for some flints, then look for rocks.

If there are rocks, make a pickaxe and mine them for stone + more flints. If there are none, then just make an axe.

Chop some wood, collect some grass and collect some saplings. Shouldn't be too hard :)

Also, it's not hard to get resources for a basic campfire. First thing you should do is look for some flints, then look for rocks.

If there are rocks, make a pickaxe and mine them for stone + more flints. If there are none, then just make an axe.

Chop some wood, collect some grass and collect some saplings. Shouldn't be too hard :)

I end up finding enough flint for a pick until day three. And then a lot of rocks until day five. The simple fireplace with logs is good enough.

There is no bacon in the game. Sirmentlegen just likes to be really annoying and childish. He is constantly talking about bacon, and quite honestly he is the most annoying person on this forum and I wish that he would just grow up and cut the crap since he has nothing useful to add to the conversations.

He's referring to the meat you get when you kill a pig. Same as the meat that drops from beefalo, tallbirds, werepigs, and treeguards. (But if you get it from a pig it's bacon, according to sirmentlegen)

Do find bacon one must find pigs.

He's referring to the meat you get when you kill a pig. Same as the meat that drops from beefalo, tallbirds, werepigs, and treeguards. (But if you get it from a pig it's bacon, according to sirmentlegen)

Haha I know :p it wasn't a 'serious' question xd

Do find bacon one must find pigs.

So, pigs = bacon? GENIUS!

There is no bacon in the game. Sirmentlegen just likes to be really annoying and childish. He is constantly talking about bacon, and quite honestly he is the most annoying person on this forum and I wish that he would just grow up and cut the crap since he has nothing useful to add to the conversations.

How rude! I must get out the soap at once! The soap is bacon flavored, hurrrrr hurrrrrr i the mlg man i do the trollz hurrrr hurrrr