Gold in shipwrecked

my search for gold to make science and alchemy engine is so frustrating especially early game when you sailing on the ocean at snail pace (raft), 

its incredibly hard unless you pick wickerbottom and have the refinery tab at disposal to make gold from dubloons, how anyone overcome this?  :mad: 

thinking of playing ROG and jump to shipwrecked using seaworther but then it limits the possible gameplay and i dont like it.

Stick to the border between shallow waters and deeper waters. Shallow waters will likely lead you to nearby islands, which likely contain gold. Being on the border allows you to utilize the waves as well. Always prefer to go in the direction of waves, unless you see an island. Look for jungles on large islands. Time your sea travel so you can be on the land exploring with a torch during the night. Also, once you get the essentials (food, twigs, flint, grass, wood), don't waste time exploring your starting island, there is no gold there.

If you are having trouble, try Walani. She excels at exploration. With Walani you can also sail at night with torches, and more importantly, you can pick up the surfboard, walk through an island, then continue sailing from the other end instead of having to go back to a boat or raft. You can also hammer crates you see around to pick up boards and collect seashells in order to be able to craft more surfboards (which are not the most durable things in the world).

TBH since the last few Updates Worldgen seems to be a lot more generous with spawning Goldrocks.

Started a new game yesterday and found a Magmabiome on the next Island i found what gave me about 6 Nuggets.

But as others said trx to stick to the shallow Water the chance of finding an Island is pretty big compared to when SW started.

2 hours ago, Mr.P said:

TBH since the last few Updates Worldgen seems to be a lot more generous with spawning Goldrocks.

Started a new game yesterday and found a Magmabiome on the next Island i found what gave me about 6 Nuggets.

But as others said trx to stick to the shallow Water the chance of finding an Island is pretty big compared to when SW started.

i see,i have only the wilbur version 

Build a bamboo raft, its easy to craft and it's better than log raft. I guess the main reason you find this as a problem is the way you explore your map. If you really in the rush to find gold, don't jump onto every island that you found. Try to pick the correct biome which might have gold such as jungle and magma field. Try to find the shallow water which will lead you to an island. Don't spend so much time on exploring the wrong biomes if your main obj is to find gold.

I usually make an bamboo raft and i suggest you to do that because at night you can use torches on it but you can't move with if you are using an torch,when i was playing with willow i still had the light because the lighter when i was sailing.Try to sail a lot and find a lot of islands usually you need an magma island but you also have to avoid the monkeys.

This is not problem specific to Shipwrecked, or even Don't Starve, but one that affects any game with randomly generated worlds.

You just have to be lucky really. I think the world generator is a bit more forgiving now that there are a guaranteed few 'supermassive' islands per world consisting of 5 biomes (although I found one island that contained 5 biomes which was absolutely tiny). Ever since that change, I've been finding more and more gold and resources in general. 

But nevertheless, it's still down to sheer chance what you're gonna get. I've had some crappy worlds in the past (even contemplating whether or not to eat a raw green cap just for the hunger value), and then I've had some godly ones too. If you start a world and you realise that it's really not very good, then just make a new one. Don't persevere unless there's no alternative.

sometimes can be quite hard to find gold. this depends on your luck. mostly by day 4-6 u get ur golds to build alch engine and all base material. more than this problem, the real problem about sw is map is damn huge and it gets boring to explore every inch square for the sake of finding some important elements.

Archived