Things SW is Still Lacking

Seeing as SW is nearing end of development(I think so at least), I wanted to see what does everyone still think needs to be tweaked/fixed/changed/added/etc.

My personal big things are making the sea less empty, tweaking Yaarctopus and making Sea Combat not suck. Honestly, if we get just these 3 things, I'll be MOSTLY pleased(There's always room for more :p even if its not mandatory).

Sea Combat not sucking also means making Sea Hounds into something you can deal with without cheaping them out. 

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Seeing as SW is nearing end of development(I think so at least), I wanted to see what does everyone still think needs to be tweaked/fixed/changed/added/etc.

My personal big things are making the sea less empty, tweaking Yaarctopus and making Sea Combat not suck. Honestly, if we get just these 3 things, I'll be MOSTLY pleased(There's always room for more :p even if its not mandatory).

Sea Combat not sucking also means making Sea Hounds into something you can deal with without cheaping them out. 

In my opinion we need more Quackering Rams and Oil Throwers in Shipwrecked. ^__^

(and also more Quacken bite attacks :))

I want to be able to play Woodlegs in RoG. Not just RoG but in DST as a mod character. But then we'd have to tweak his perks and cons a bit because now he's just an insane old man in RoG and DST...

I love his qoutes, his voice and his looks. That's why I want to play him in DST.

My main thing is that the sea feels empty. It feels ridiculous that the land is so full of stuff and yet the oceans are just barren.

Other than that, I'd like more biomes. Not even particularly complex ones with new plants, just some slightly varied areas. Maybe a sand dune with many sand piles and cut grass, or a 'paradise' biome, like the plains areas, filled with bees and flowers. Or just some more world gen options that aren't set pieces/boons, like the burnt trees in some volcanic biomes.

And change the wave texture so we know what direction they're going. That's probably one of my biggest problems with sw.

And make boat repair kits repair a % of the boat's durability rather than a fixed amount. Or make them a bit cheaper.

What i would love to see to make SW a bit better

- Seacurrents that speed you up similar to Roads in the Vanilla/RoG Worlds

- Seamines or another Toothtrap equivalent for the Sea so Sea Hounds aren't as obnoxious to fight (and i can prepare better for later Sea Houndwaves)

- Maybe 1 or 2 more boats with different abilitys compared to the Current ones so it's not an upgraderace to make the Armored Boat asap and then nothing else (something like a Fishing Boat that can equip both a Sail and a Net and a Magical Boatr using Nightmarefuel and Living Logs) so i have to choose what Boat i want to use for my current task.

- Warly should get at least 2 more Recipes made with Ingrediences from RoG worlds so it's even with the exclusive recipes (currently you can only make 2 of his Recipes in the RoG world while the other 2 are locked to SW because of exclusive Ingrediences) maybe something involving Eels and Froglegs since those don't have much space in Cooking.

- Wilbur should start with some Bananas (similar to how Wigfried and Webber start with meat) and be able to Construct Prime-Ape huts from the Get go as well as maybe make them in RoG. Also his pooping should be based on food eaten not time (cause it's more logical).

- I would love for special variants of the Sea Hounds kinda how we got Red and Blue Hounds (they could fix the problem of having no infinite source of Green and Yellow Gems).

Edit: - The ability to craft SW exclusive Items in RoG and vice versa. I mean stuff like Coconades and such i don't see a reason to have to go into a SW world to craft 1 or 2 items even if i have the materials in an RoG world.

And that's just what came to my mind of the top of my head if i would really think about it there could be a lot more i would want.

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

- Seamines or another Toothtrap equivalent for the Sea so Sea Hounds aren't as obnoxious to fight (and i can prepare better for later Sea Houndwaves)

Those are a thing.

Also I would love too see a new way of sea combat its sorta just dumb how you sail over and start whacking things. Quacken needs a buff badly. Also i want a very endgame boss. Sorta like the ancient guardian but even better. I thought the Quacken would be it but its very disappointing. Maybe fighting the volcano? 

Just now, Nickolas2600 said:

Those are a thing.

Not as far as i know if you refer to the random TnT barrel those are 1 time use so not relyable

And the Seatrap as far as i have seen is just for catching stuff not damaging enemys so no there is no Toothtrap equivalent for the Ocean.

Just now, Mr.P said:

Not as far as i know if you refer to the random TnT barrel those are 1 time use so not relyable

And the Seatrap as far as i have seen is just for catching stuff not damaging enemys so no there is no Toothtrap equivalent for the Ocean.

I thought the sea trap wasn't reusable? If it is not sorry for being wrong. and if its not then yes i agree we need a trap of the sorts. However it would be hard to come up with an idea for one. 

Just now, Nickolas2600 said:

I thought the sea trap wasn't reusable? If it is not sorry for being wrong. and if its not then yes i agree we need a trap of the sorts. However it would be hard to come up with an idea for one. 

Again a Seamine would be quite simple just use a Coconut some Gunpowder and maybe some Houndsteeth and badabing badaboom a Seamine you lay out and explodes when enemys get to close (obviously also damages your boat if you'r to close)

Otherwise i had an idea for a Shockertrap what uses a Jellyfish and shocks stuff that gets to close kinda how you get shocked when you hit a Jellyfish with a meleeweapon.

1 minute ago, Mr.P said:

Again a Seamine would be quite simple just use a Coconut some Gunpowder and maybe some Houndsteeth and badabing badaboom a Seamine you lay out and explodes when enemys get to close (obviously also damages your boat if you'r to close)

Otherwise i had an idea for a Shockertrap what uses a Jellyfish and shocks stuff that gets to close kinda how you get shocked when you hit a Jellyfish with a meleeweapon.

Those also dont sound rechargeable maybe the electric trapcould be? 

1 minute ago, Nickolas2600 said:

Those also dont sound rechargeable maybe the electric trapcould be? 

Well the Seamine could be among the lines of the Beemine where it's 1 time use but simple enought to make (only limited by your Nitre supply for Gunpwder).

And Jellyfishmines could maybe sting up to 10 times for medium damage (like 25 per pop) but they stun the target for a few seconds so you don't have to deal with all enemys at once.

If they buff the Quaken they must be very careful, it's a very fine line between under powered and over powered in SW. He is my favorite looking boss. I really like the look of all the bosses tbh. But yeah more boats, better sea combat options, more seasonal mobs/items, a bit more stuff at sea.

I will say one thing about sharx, on my last play through I found a massive (30+) herd of water beefalo and even on day 144 the sharx got wrecked

My top 3 most important things to add:

1. More animals on the sea - it's true, the ocean is empty now...

2. Waves that don't hit you when you are entering the fog; waves with updated graphics --> that you can easily see, that they are safe to slide, or not.

3. Compass that you can use to detect the location of Yaarctopus and Slot Machine. Yaarctopus that sleeps only at night (like the Pig King).

On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 at 0:02 PM, Nickolas2600 said:

Also I would love too see a new way of sea combat its sorta just dumb how you sail over and start whacking things. Quacken needs a buff badly. Also i want a very endgame boss. Sorta like the ancient guardian but even better. I thought the Quacken would be it but its very disappointing. Maybe fighting the volcano? 

If you're looking for a idea for a new dry season boss idea just look at the post new dry season boss idea 

29 minutes ago, Nickolas2600 said:

I got a good one. STORY right now the new characters seem bland because they have no background. Their perks are ethir useless or broken. Expect Wilbur I like him alot and he doesnt need much story. 

*cough* And why Wally is the puppetmaster of this place and how is he related *cough*

The Quacken should be able to bite and get a huge buff 

But I thought of an idea of how to make it part duck 

It could have a duck body underwater with duck feet and wings and the tentacles could branch off of the wings like feathers and when it wants to move it could retract it's tentacles and get feathers and then fly out of the water and hover for a few seconds and you'd be able to see it's whole body then it would fly out of the screen and land somewhere else 

And if it wants to it can go on land and walk around on it's duck feet

22 minutes ago, aukingiii said:

The Quacken should be able to bite and get a huge buff 

But I thought of an idea of how to make it part duck 

It could have a duck body underwater with duck feet and wings and the tentacles could branch off of the wings like feathers and when it wants to move it could retract it's tentacles and get feathers and then fly out of the water and hover for a few seconds and you'd be able to see it's whole body then it would fly out of the screen and land somewhere else 

And if it wants to it can go on land and walk around on it's duck feet

the bite and huge buff were already suggested.

That duck idea...actually sounds pretty cool. 

Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

...you're a monster.

... also two summers. First summer contains dragonfly, less heat and does not have spontaneous combustion. After that, real summer begins, with heat, volcanic erruptions, combustion and all the good stuff.

6 minutes ago, mitboy said:

... also two summers. First summer contains dragonfly, less heat and does not have spontaneous combustion. After that, real summer begins, with heat, volcanic erruptions, combustion and all the good stuff.

While we're at it might as well add this guy as a boss cause everyone loves him

Boss_The_Bloat.png.02f5c046177ba10557db5

5 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

While we're at it might as well add this guy as a boss cause everyone loves him

Boss_The_Bloat.png.02f5c046177ba10557db5

**** THE BLOAT

But seriously, I don't see anything bad in this. Hurricane and light summer will still give you some time to prepare for real stuff.

Archived