Fatigue?

So I was low on food and I thought about exactly how much I would need to survive. Then I thought about that theres no downfall to having a low stomach other than if there's an emergency like being chased by hounds, and the thought of poor Wilson being hungry. So what if there was some kind of fatigue when you're hungry? Like it would make you hit for less damage and take longer to cut down trees and mine rocks ect. What does everyone think of this?

I completely agree with the OP. I think it's a great idea and it definitely makes hunger a bit more of a challenge to overcome. Especially once/if they add spoilage to the game, it'll make hunger a huge balancing act on top of making sure you have all your other supplies you need in order to survive. Great idea imo!

Hunger should be the most important value in the game (Don't Starve, right?). So if the Hunger being lowered it should have influance on our other actions. Example: if our stomach is hurting bad our attacks are weaker than normally, maybe movement speed is lowered. It's a humdrum example but it should be obvious.

BUT... to be honest. It could be a problem for players with low experience. ATM with farming plots, berry brushes farm, with camp near rabbit holes, pig villages etc. there is no problem with keeping our stomachs full... But with other suggestions on that forum, that issue could be solved quite easly :)

Edited by Mojito

*grabs w00t, beats him over the head with a Willow Lisa painting, and throws him out the forum window*

well, maybe there could be berry poisoning, but that's it, nothing else for changing food mechanics.

Edited by Toaster Fu

choose food spoilage or hunger penalties already trying not to starve in a world out to get you, don't need toooooo many obstacles in that way. and its important to keep in mind that farming is likely to not remain the same, as the devs aren't too happy with people posting it up in their 'bases' all the time so food will have its fair amount of challenges added still.