Report Servers that Kick For No Reason

There should be a way to report servers and people who kick for no reason. 

I just got kicked on Day 1 for collecting resources at night with a torch, and not following another player to the portal quick enough to pick up another player. Not everyone has to run to a portal to pick up a new player on day 1. I rather pick up resources at night when I still need twigs and brush. 

And then the game mocks you for getting kicked.  

• Developer

Well, you can't really report it, since it's the server owner's decision who, why and when to kick/ban someone.

I know it is un-fair, but some servers are just like that :/

I'd recommend either playing with friends, on a good and trustable group server or just in another random server, hoping you won't be kicked this time.

I kick/ban all the time. My server, my rule. I will ban players that cannot follow simple instruction and do not response to chat.

The admin want everyone to play in a particular style, and everyone else followed. Why can't you? Did you just go on with your business without saying a word? Not saying that you were wrong collecting resource on day 1. Just saying that you should learn how to COOP. If you don't like the way things are going on that particular server, just move on and find a better one. Bad server can go to rot and you can have fun else where.

Edit: In winter and summer, I pick up new players too. Usually by winter my base will be well set and have plenty of  every resources. Also, most players I meet does not know how to stay alive in cold/ hot weather. So I would rather spend the time to pick up the new player.

Server moderation is up to the admins of that server, can't do a ton about it, really, aside from picking another server and playing there. Games like Minecraft and Terraria have always had problems with bad moderators (I was once on a wonderful PVP server with a far better community than it deserved, considering the owner really didn't care about it at all, he only kept it up for the money he made off the dumb 'microtransactions') and DST is no different, it's just more prominent since servers are listed publicly and there aren't a ton of people running servers for it.

But it'd be nice if server browsers automatically tags servers that kick everyone as soon as they join, these people failed to realize that there's a private game/password option for a reason.

Still joining only dedicated servers should improve your experience by a lot, since people hosting dedicated servers know enough to configure their public/private status so usually public dedicated server = public game

14 hours ago, bountygiver said:

But it'd be nice if server browsers automatically tags servers that kick everyone as soon as they join

yeah, it would be great if the system tagged people's stuff without their permission. Specially something with such a great room for error as that. It wouldn't suck for the other side in any way whatsoever.

I remember when I was starting to make dedicate only with friends everytime when I wanted to put password I got lazy (or just wanted to see the world burn) and don't put any password and kicking anyone who enters. Heh, Now I put an password. :>

Archived