Are gifts from achievements?

You can form a ritual circle of evil petals with a gnome in the middle, then lay the feathers of 66 crows across the floor and sacrifice chester, all to get the next drop quicker. Or you can leave the game on godmode over night... Or you can be honest and ignore the arbitrary, not even helpful items which you might be able to get some time anyways, in order to instead focus on actual survival.

I really wish there was a genuine gifting system that would gift you things like Walking canes, Thulcite tools, Dress items etc...

Aww... but where's the fun in that? If you want all those nice snazzy tools given to you, you got to earn them!

Walking Cane? Find a Walrus Camp and battle Mactusk in the cold of Winter! Thulcite tools? Brave the dangers of the caves and discover an ancient pseudo science machine!

Right now, I enjoy how the changes are only cosmetic, they look good and add a dab of personalization to your characters. 

I e-mailed Klei asking if they were going to add achievement based items to the game and they made it clear that it would be a bad idea. If you really think about, Skin drops based on achievements, actions, or just character specific playtime would have no real value, as anyone could just godmode and complete the task/idle long enough as the character. This means these particular skins would have absolutely no value of any sort, except maybe to really, really lazy people.

I understand that this post is not exactly on the right topic, but I just learned this recently and kinda had to share it.

• Developer

You can form a ritual circle of evil petals with a gnome in the middle, then lay the feathers of 66 crows across the floor and sacrifice chester, all to get the next drop quicker. Or you can leave the game on godmode over night... Or you can be honest and ignore the arbitrary, not even helpful items which you might be able to get some time anyways, in order to instead focus on actual survival.

Mobb, that's not the right ritual and you know it.

Look, waiting around for a something that just changes the way you look and going God mode for it really seems quite...Idiotic if you ask me, the first thing is looks in this game of your character don't matter AT ALL to the game it self, the game is a Survival game with a VERY harsh and punishing gameplay (frogs*), I really hate the gift system myself, the only thing I really was expecting was something similar to what I played in the game called "Doom" where after fighting a horrendus number of demons you would get a very fancy weapon or powerup that would really help you in survival rather then looks (However as in general Multiplayer games you do need different skins of characters in order to make your own profile and identity in the game but making it only available by playing it for over 4 weeks is really awful logic)

Does idling in god mode actually work? I'm uh, asking for a friend...

Well, you could try and report back to us.

By 'week'; when does the cap end and a new 'week' begin? Sunday PMT? Monday?

I heard it's Friday 1:00 AM GMT.

Archived