Questions and answers thread

Can you capture the funny pirate parrots? Do you attract them with Dubloons instead of seeds?

I want one in a cage to insult me as I slowly go insane x'D

I got one with seeds. :) I don't think it insults you while in the cage, though....? But it does when in your inventory! :D

Can you capture the funny pirate parrots? Do you attract them with Dubloons instead of seeds?

I want one in a cage to insult me as I slowly go insane x'D

I used a sleep dart, but it turns into a normal parrot after you impression it in a cage.

Yes, but if you pull it back out, it will get the hat back. :-) It's still the same parrot, just no hat while in the cage.

It should definitely keep the hat and insult you while in the cage. That would be hilarious!

Yeah, the parrot talking to you while in the cage, I definitely do want that.

Concerning the snake oil, I find it kind of funny that it currently does nothing. Didn't like people used to sell snake oil as some kind of cure all remedy but in real life it did like nothing?

Thanks for letting me know you refine the coral to make limestone, I was wondering how in the world you make the chimney. I was looking around for something to mine, thought there'd be some limestone statues of Maxwell or something, heh.

OMG I needed those! [bone shards from spoiled fish.] Now I can make lots of pirate hats.

Thanks!

Never mind pirate hats - I was wondering how people made all that snakeskin rainwear for spring! I haven't come across a single skeleton since I started playing this game...

Never mind pirate hats - I was wondering how people made all that snakeskin rainwear for spring! I haven't come across a single skeleton since I started playing this game...

Hahaha! I was starting to eye that resurrection stone and wondered "if I kill myself, how many bone shards will it give...?"

Hahaha! I was starting to eye that resurrection stone and wondered "if I kill myself, how many bone shards will it give...?"

LOL! I was doing the same thing myself, desperate for limestone - finally I found coral. Phew!! But somebody said there is only one touchstone in the world so we should maybe be careful...

I -think- the last time I used one, I got 2 bone shards. It's not really enough :(

Does anyone know about the chance for digging up sand to produce an item, or what kind of items you might get? I heard there's a chance to dig up gears and other items, so I put on my Werebeaver and dug an endless sand pile that might as well have been a tunnel to China. Seems like all that came out was a single ice bird feather. I wish chances to find something would be higher so we can dig for treasure or at least something useful. :/

I heard there's a chance to dig up gears and other items, so I put on my Werebeaver and dug an endless sand pile that might as well have been a tunnel to China.

I haven't been able to dig more than twice at any one sand pile in my game? And so far it has yielded nothing but sand. Also having some interface trouble with using the spacebar to auto-dig and collect - spacebar not working with sandpiles. And you have to go around the sandpile to collect the sand, otherwise it just sits there examining the hole.

Go, werebeaver, go! - Wait, werebeaver only gnaws, unless they've modified him..? So my guess is you were ineffectually gnawing at the same sand pile and managed to accidentally bite a bird while you were doing it, which explains the feather...

Also having some interface trouble with using the spacebar to auto-dig and collect - spacebar not working with sandpiles. And you have to go around the sandpile to collect the sand, otherwise it just sits there examining the hole.

That happens to me too. I hope they fix it! It's pretty annoying. I play with a WASD + Space + Mouse set up, so it's too much of a pain, but it is when I do it with one hand for a second and I need to walk ovveerrrrr...

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of setup do you play the game with? :p

That happens to me too. I hope they fix it! It's pretty annoying. I play with a WASD + Space + Mouse set up, so it's too much of a pain, but it is when I do it with one hand for a second and I need to walk ovveerrrrr...

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of setup do you play the game with? :razz:

Same as you - and F when fighting things. That's why the spacebar bug with sandpiles is so irritating, suddenly having to use the mouse to go around and manually pick up stuff when we're used to the game doing it for us. LOL we are a lazy pair ;) But it is more efficient!

Same as you - and F when fighting things. That's why the spacebar bug with sandpiles is so irritating, suddenly having to use the mouse to go around and manually pick up stuff when we're used to the game doing it for us. LOL we are a lazy pair ;) But it is more efficient!

NOOOO WAAAAYYYY I USE F WHEN FIGHTING THINGS LOL

We really ARE a pair  :yaypigs:

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of setup do you play the game with? :razz:

EHM i thought everyone is playing like this (except Klei guys :D) and also:

1. hammering doesn't work with spacebar either

2. attacking with F also attacks Baggins so i am attacking him all the time since NOONE likes him in SW and all monsters try to kill him :D 

IDK if he has same health as Chester but after tons of snakes + me attacking him he is still cool so i start to "finish" weapons and tools that have small % on him. Anyway this should be fixed too and i think that devil Baggins will attack back probably

ok answers to questions:

captain's hat takes the normal wear and tear of using a boat out on the hat instead of the boat

limestone is refined from mining coral 3-1 exchange

Empty bottles show up randomly in the ocean you can also finde a set piece with several

you can "catch" sea life in a few ways, speargun works great for me (seashell, jellyfish ALIVE, and 3 bamboo)

night at sea has 4 answers i can think of 1, stand still with a torch in hand and DO NOT ROW 2, boat torch, 3 boat lantern and 4 have Willow go crazy (the boat lights up real nice with thi one)

cant use trawlers multiple times, tried failed sucks but theyre cheap ans the fast payoff is worth it

@Mrs Tranck yes you are missing a functioning program, check you games fle integrity by left clicking it in your steam library and choosing properties

obsidian comes from the volcano not sure how you get it yet, probably from the giant rocks falling from above

volcano season affects us all no matter where on the map you are....volcano god is grumpy and only you squished and smoking can make his happiness return apparently....what a jerk

if you dont find islands that would be bad luck probablyyou'll know you've hit the map's edge when theres a fog bank and wilson says "here there be monsters" the "electric isoceles" takes the place of the "wormholes" in DS

anyway thats some of what I've found hope it helps, also the pelican has multiple forms, like chester, the charming little creep also EATS FISH ITEMS YOU PUT IN HIS MOUTH.....so don't

also an easy way to get poison gland is through poison holes in the swamp, dig them up between puffs to find it WARNING they dont drop every time you dig so do it more than twice or three times before cursing my name in frustration:)

EHM i thought everyone is playing like this (except Klei guys :grin:) and also:

2. attacking with F also attacks Baggins so i am attacking him all the time since NOONE likes him in SW and all monsters try to kill him :grin:

IDK if he has same health as Chester but after tons of snakes + me attacking him he is still cool so i start to "finish" weapons and tools that have small % on him. Anyway this should be fixed too and i think that devil Baggins will attack back probably

fill all the slots in "the devil baggins" with obsidian and he becomes your bestest friend ever.........keep him clear of enemies when near flammable junk, you have been warned

EHM i thought everyone is playing like this (except Klei guys :grin:) and also:

2. attacking with F also attacks Baggins so i am attacking him all the time since NOONE likes him in SW and all monsters try to kill him :grin:

How do the Klei guys play then? o.o

I'm kind of glad hammering doesn't work with the spacebar. It's too easy to click one too many times and start hammering something you really didn't want to. They may have taken this out intentionally. I kind of wish they'd do it with shovels too. My issue was the spacebar not picking up the sand afterwards.

LOL poor Baggims! They ought to make him like Chester, Abigail and the Glommer.

you can "catch" sea life in a few ways, speargun works great for me (seashell, jellyfish ALIVE, and 3 bamboo)

I have discovered that you can trawl for lobsters :D It's a bit of a chase but if you can manage to row over them as they're trying to run back to their dens, scoop! They won't go in my crock pot though so how are you meant to make lobster bisque? Cook 'em first?

fill all the slots in "the devil baggins" with obsidian and he becomes your bestest friend ever.........keep him clear of enemies when near flammable junk, you have been warned

o.o That sounds awesome but... since when was obsidian explosive, Klei..? Does he explode, or does he breathe fire? omg if he breathes fire then I may forgive his cardinal sins (of not being Chester, that is...)

How do the Klei guys play then? o.o

I'm kind of glad hammering doesn't work with the spacebar. It's too easy to click one too many times and start hammering something you really didn't want to. They may have taken this out intentionally. I kind of wish they'd do it with shovels too. My issue was the spacebar not picking up the sand afterwards.

LOL poor Baggims! They ought to make him like Chester, Abigail and the Glommer.

I have discovered that you can trawl for lobsters :grin: It's a bit of a chase but if you can manage to row over them as they're trying to run back to their dens, scoop! They won't go in my crock pot though so how are you meant to make lobster bisque? Cook 'em first?

o.o That sounds awesome but... since when was obsidian explosive, Klei..? Does he explode, or does he breathe fire? omg if he breathes fire then I may forgive his cardinal sins (of not being Chester, that is...)

- Klei plays with mouse only ... at least it looks like it :D

- you can still hammer with mouse dude? If there is something you dont want to hammer close you just do it with mouse and same with shovel so i want my space hammer back!

- yup Baggims need this fix

- i think you can catch lobsters with trawl net randomly too on open sea

- i don't wanna spoil it to you but your mind will explode after you change him to obsidian version! .)

Haha. All you have to do is move a few millimeters with the WASD keys and press space bar. Is it it really that much of a pain? xP

It kind of reminds me of when you're sitting on a couch and you want to change the channel. You see the remote a few steps away. And you think eehh, It's too far, I'll just continue watching this crap.  

Haha. All you have to do is move a few millimeters with the WASD keys and press space bar. Is it it really that much of a pain? xP

It kind of reminds me of when you're sitting on a couch and you want to change the channel. You see the remote a few steps away. And you think eehh, It's too far, I'll just continue watching this crap.  

That's what I was going for. :p 

I haven't been able to dig more than twice at any one sand pile in my game? And so far it has yielded nothing but sand. Also having some interface trouble with using the spacebar to auto-dig and collect - spacebar not working with sandpiles. And you have to go around the sandpile to collect the sand, otherwise it just sits there examining the hole.

Go, werebeaver, go! - Wait, werebeaver only gnaws, unless they've modified him..? So my guess is you were ineffectually gnawing at the same sand pile and managed to accidentally bite a bird while you were doing it, which explains the feather...

With Werebeaver, you can dig up sand continuously, without having to move or pick up anything. It's a known bug (or feature?), so I'm not sure if it will stay like this. There were more sand piles that I could even pick up, so it definitely wasn't gnawing at the same sand pile. When something else than sand comes out of the hole, you can clearly see it popping out. Try it out in game! :-)

Archived