Questions and answers thread

the fish morsels only count as 0,5 fish, but the live crab counts as 0,5 meat and 1 fish, meaning you can use the live crabs and 3 berries/ice for meatballs. this also means you can use 3 live crabs and one monster meat for sur'n'turf. Mussels, limpets and live crabs all have the value of 0,5 meat and 1 fish.

Interesting I didn't know you could use like crabs in the crock pot, it never even occured to me, thanks!

What to do with mussel stick ?I tried to place it almost everywhere .Have sombode noteced lack of hound's teeth? I only got to see one tooth after two dogs attack (rougly17 dogs).

Yeah the lack of hounds teeth is irritating. I'm unable to make Sewing Kits at the moment so have to recraft every item of clothing. On the bright side it gives me something else to do.

I believe the Mussel Stick should be placed next to/on top of Mussels (3 small ovals next to eachother, usually found in shallow water not far from islands). After a day or so the stick will have Mussels on it and the Mussel "den" will be gone.

Does anyone know what the Orange Soda is for yet? I'm assuming it's another item to be traded with the Pig-King-octopuss-dude but would like some confirmation as I have yet to find him on my current world.

How do you guys prepare for summer/volcano season?

Also, I notice some people protect from flooding by surrounding their base with sand bags (and wooden flooring?), while others surround the puddles.

Any1 can answer? i am wondering too

Where do you find whales? Where do you get blubber?

You find suspicious bubbles and search them (like koalefants) and follow the trail. Then you will find a whale. Kill it and wait a few days until it is bloated out A LOT. When it's bloated hack it with a machete and it will *POP* and BAM blubber.

Cheaty question but, I'm stuck on an island with limited resources and it's Volcano season.

What's the difference between cargo and row boat? Is it worth the extra boards to build a cargo boat? I'm thinking (hoping) it has a larger HP.

It is 300 hp comparing to 150 but have extra space for things ,also it is slower a little .

Cheaty question but, I'm stuck on an island with limited resources and it's Volcano season.

What's the difference between cargo and row boat? Is it worth the extra boards to build a cargo boat? I'm thinking (hoping) it has a larger HP.

Row boat I believe is faster but cargo boat has if I remember correctly 6 inventory spaces for your stuff. I dunno about HP.

Also I confirmed that snake oil does not get rid of poison effect.

Hey there. This new update adding a total new type of separate game play, I was wondering if it was only temporarily, and will be then mixed with vanilla game/reign of giants. Will it ?

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they would like to integrate it with DS/ROG too, but that's in the far future and the mechanics are still unclear.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they would like to integrate it with DS/ROG too, but that's in the far future and the mechanics are still unclear.

According to the News article by Klei-JoeW (3rd one down as of today. Dated 1 Dec), Klei planned on it being a standalone DLC, but instead listened to the community saying they would like it integrated with the main game, and decided to do that in the future. It'll happen, I'm sure.

Probably be the same way Caves work at the moment, although I know some people would like the tropics added to the main island world. That would require a change in the way water works in the base game though, so I imagine it'll be like Caves.

Does anyone know if Obsidian is usable at this point? Do I need a Shadow Manipulator? Or is it something related to the future implementation of volcano caves? (I'm guessing it is, given what Obsidian weapons and armor do.) I found some in a treasure chest but can't find a use for it.

What Does Snake oil Do?

Nothing yet, says the guys who read the code. :(

Not strictly true. I mean, it makes you jump in the air and click your heals together.

It's something, right?! :razz:

By the way.. Anyone else liking the fact that the Volcano eruption thread is "hot"? eh? EH?

Ok, I'll go.

Yeah the lack of hounds teeth is irritating. I'm unable to make Sewing Kits at the moment so have to recraft every item of clothing. On the bright side it gives me something else to do.

I believe the Mussel Stick should be placed next to/on top of Mussels (3 small ovals next to eachother, usually found in shallow water not far from islands). After a day or so the stick will have Mussels on it and the Mussel "den" will be gone.

Does anyone know what the Orange Soda is for yet? I'm assuming it's another item to be traded with the Pig-King-octopuss-dude but would like some confirmation as I have yet to find him on my current world.

Yes it is, if I remember correclty he gives you 4 dubloons for it.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the Pirate Hat will also give you a wider view of the map:

post-485078-0-86203700-1449471966_thumb.

Wilson down near the bottom of the screen just put on the Pirate Hat before embarking; compare the amount of map revealed with the sea travels above.  Both times were using the raft.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the Pirate Hat will also give you a wider view of the map:

attachicon.gifdsmap.png

Wilson down near the bottom of the screen just put on the Pirate Hat before embarking; compare the amount of map revealed with the sea travels above.  Both times were using the raft.

Oh!!!!

Yasssssssssss I do like.

dsmap.png

Wilson down near the bottom of the screen just put on the Pirate Hat before embarking; compare the amount of map revealed with the sea travels above. Both times were using the raft.

You have no idea how much time I would have saved if I had seen this earlier

Archived