Caves Beta - October 2nd Update

• Developer

Cool, a few new things made it in today!

Build number: 151919

New features:

• Caves contain boons and touchstones
  • Mushtrees and lightplants have been added to world regrowth, and will repopulate over time.
  • OSX DEDICATED SERVER. If you or someone you know can help test this out, please give it a go and let us know if you find any issues!
  • Clockwork followers won't attack other players unless their leader attacks that player. (PVP rules for clockworks, basically.)

Bugs killed:

• Worlds and caves spawning without 10 entrances/exits. (If you still go through an exit in a newly generated world and end up at the portal, let me know)
  • Miner hat stuck at 1% durability

If you missed it, instructions on how to get into the caves beta are here:

http://forums.kleien...ta/#entry673404

Happy spelunking, folks!

Awesome stuff Mr. Entropy Wrangler.  (as a sysad I walk the line between Order and Chaos as well)

In particular the return of boons has been very nice.  I really appreciated seeing them again in the overworld, I'm very much looking forward to them in the caves.

Regarding mushtree regrowth, mind if I ask if you worked the spores into that somehow?

• Developer

Awesome stuff Mr. Entropy Wrangler.  (as a sysad I walk the line between Order and Chaos as well)

In particular the return of boons has been very nice.  I really appreciated seeing them again in the overworld, I'm very much looking forward to them in the caves.

Regarding mushtree regrowth, mind if I ask if you worked the spores into that somehow?

They only regrow during their sporeing season.

Uh, nightmarebeaks chase you indefinitely. 

Oops! :(

Cool, a few new things made it in today!

Build number: 151919

New features:

• OSX DEDICATED SERVER. If you or someone you know can help test this out, please give it a go and let us know if you find any issues!

Are there instructions on how to run one on OSX somewhere? I tried through steamcmd but I get an error saying invalid platform.

• Developer

Are there instructions on how to run one on OSX somewhere? I tried through steamcmd but I get an error saying invalid platform.

I forgot to check a checkbox, please try again! :-)

Edit: Oh, and it needs to be on the cavesbeta branch, like everything else.

I forgot to check a checkbox, please try again! :-)

Edit: Oh, and it needs to be on the cavesbeta branch, like everything else.

Is it supposed to work following these instructions? 

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Guides/Simple_Dedicated_Server_Setup

When I right click on the Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server [cavesbeta], and click play game I get an missing executable error.

• Developer

Is it supposed to work following these instructions? 

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Guides/Simple_Dedicated_Server_Setup

When I right click on the Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server [cavesbeta], and click play game I get an missing executable error.

You might have to completely exit and relaunch steam if it was running when I checked the box.

Alternatively if you're going to doing command line parameters, from the terminal you can run dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.app/Content/MacOS/dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer. This .app will be in your steamapps/common directory, usual at <username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common

You might have to completely exit and relaunch steam if it was running when I checked the box.

Alternatively if you're going to doing command line parameters, from the terminal you can run dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.app/Content/MacOS/dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer. This .app will be in your steamapps/common directory, usual at <username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common

I'm confused on what I'm supposed to do after installing and validating the dedicated server. So far I've logged into steam cmd I ran the command force_install_dir at ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common and then I updated and validated by running app_update 343050 -cavesbeta validate.

It's worth noting that the players on my survival pair of servers (one cave, one master) are reporting that it's been restarting a few times since the new update.  I experienced it myself once, with it disconnecting everyone and then restarting the world over again.  It didn't regen the world, but you did have to go back in.

I haven't seen anything on the console relating to it restarting.  If I do I'll post a log.

Touchstone are a nice touch.

You can hammer the pig heads to get pig skin to make underground pig houses. (And umbrellas, and football helmets.)

Bunnymen go out of their houses during dusk, night, cavedusk and cavenight.

Pigmen go out of their houses only during day. They stay in their houses during caveday.

Is this intended? Well, it makes sense since pigs during caveday might find themselves in darkness.

On the same note, moleworms don't stop sleeping in the caves. Nor rabbits do.

Also birds brought down there will stay asleep.

When will you release the caves officialy ? I think they're in a good state cant find any major issues.. 

Got a crash while my cave server was idle:

WARNING QUAKE	STARTING QUAKE	ENDING QUAKE	BEGINNING QUAKE	WARNING QUAKE	STARTING QUAKE	ENDING QUAKE	BEGINNING QUAKE	WARNING QUAKE	STARTING QUAKE	ENDING QUAKE	BEGINNING QUAKE	[string "scripts/components/caveweather.lua"]:339: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:scripts/components/caveweather.lua:339 in (local) fn (Lua) <333-346>   src = 100033 - world (valid:true)   data = table: 0x11090690   p = 0.99999734641021scripts/entityscript.lua:942 in (method) PushEvent (Lua) <936-959>   self (valid:true) =      GUID = 100033      inlimbo = false      Pathfinder = Pathfinder (0xa829998)      worldstatewatching = table: 0x16096760      worldprefab = cave      ismastershard = false      shard = 100037 - shard_network (valid:true)      OnRemoveEntity = function - scripts/prefabs/world.lua:189      pendingtasks = table: 0xa0b7ac0      hideminimap = false      state = table: 0xa877b48      name = MISSING NAME      Transform = Transform (0xa4089f8)      generated = table: 0x9cbbe90      event_listening = table: 0xb395a90      PostInit = function - scripts/prefabs/world.lua:167      lower_components_shadow = table: 0xa89c6d0      entity = Entity (0xae1e8e0)      prefab = world      updatecomponents = table: 0xa009b50      Map = Map (0x9dca6d8)      game_data_task = PERIODIC 100033: 0.000000      persists = false      meta = table: 0xa2eac18      net = 100036 - cave_network (valid:true)      SoundEmitter = SoundEmitter (0xab63bb0)      minimap = 100034 - minimap (valid:true)      actioncomponents = table: 0xa89c6f8      ismastersim = true      GroundCreep = GroundCreep (0xa8299f8)      event_listeners = table: 0x9cfa8b0      replica = table: 0xa89c720      topology = table: 0xa216380      components = table: 0xae7e2b0      spawntime = 2.1000001095235   event = seasontick   data = table: 0x11090690   listeners = table: 0xaf07608   entity = 100036 - cave_network (valid:true)   fns = table: 0xabe4c30   i = 2   fn = function - scripts/components/caveweather.lua:333scripts/components/seasons.lua:248 in (local) fn (Lua) <240-253>   data = table: 0x11090690scripts/entityscript.lua:942 in (method) PushEvent (Lua) <936-959>   self (valid:true) =      GUID = 100036      inlimbo = false      actionreplica = table: 0xb1c1d88      event_listening = table: 0xb180b68      actioncomponents = table: 0xaa1c870      worldstatewatching = table: 0xade0a70      lower_components_shadow = table: 0xa764570      entity = Entity (0xa765e00)      prefab = cave_network      updatecomponents = table: 0xa8b2558      Network = Network (0xaa91000)      persists = false      OnRemoveEntity = function - scripts/prefabs/world_network.lua:12      event_listeners = table: 0xb0470e8      spawntime = 2.1000001095235      name = MISSING NAME      replica = table: 0xa012950      PostInit = function - scripts/prefabs/world_network.lua:1      components = table: 0xa8478d8      pendingtasks = table: 0xaaeae80   event = seasondirty   data = nil   listeners = table: 0xa8fcde8   entity = 100036 - cave_network (valid:true)   fns = table: 0xa5f55d8   i = 1   fn = function - scripts/components/seasons.lua:240scripts/mainfunctions.lua:287 in () ? (Lua) <284-289>   guid = 100036   event = seasondirty   data = nil   inst = 100036 - cave_network (valid:true)[string "scripts/components/caveweather.lua"]:339: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:    scripts/components/caveweather.lua:339 in (local) fn (Lua) <333-346>    scripts/entityscript.lua:942 in (method) PushEvent (Lua) <936-959>    scripts/components/seasons.lua:248 in (local) fn (Lua) <240-253>    scripts/entityscript.lua:942 in (method) PushEvent (Lua) <936-959>    scripts/mainfunctions.lua:287 in () ? (Lua) <284-289>	SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen	CURL ERROR: <url> malformed

For some reason, my MacOSX server is missing a executable still, i updated to cavesbeta and restarted steam fully twice, but the server is still missing the executable. I can't host a server if there is no server.

Exactly this. When installing the Don't Starve Together Dedicated server it doesn't install anything but a empty folder. We just have to wait for a fix.

I found a crash error jumping into a wormhole on master server.

I updated the game and dedicated server to the newest version. We played like normal on the server, but jumping into the wormhole made the master server crash with "script error"

Please see attached image:

post-706643-0-93483500-1443916021_thumb.

Archived