I got removed from CITD mod project team. Yaaaay... :(

XirmiX

I'm willing to bet this will be an outrage for some but for most, after reading this, they'll just think that I was a total *******.

So, what happened is that we had a big fuss over the regrowth of coral (between me and two more people). I simply tried to make suggestions to how we could make them regenerate, but the "leader" of the project simply dominated over my ideas and simply said what HE wanted for the prefab to have and the other person was in his support (the "leader" wanted the regeneration to only be added much later and in a ery fancy way). At this point I was a little pissed off, but I thought; fine, how about we have a temporary regenerative system for the corals so that people who are in old worlds once the regeneration system is added don't have to spawn them back in if all the corals had been picked by them already, as it would either be that, they would be left with non-respawning corals which after an update would be or they would need to move on to the next world to get corals back. Having a non-regenerative system and simply having no way to get those items at the beginning would be pretty bad for people who would play long in their worlds with this mod active and it would become unfair after a regenerative update, so a temporary solution was pretty much necessary for that reason.

But the other person who supported the "leader" simply whined to me in a pathetic manner saying to me something along the lines of "Why are you trying so hard to get a regenerative system for the corals right now? ... *and winj winj winj*" as if I didn't explain my reason enough.

At this point I got very pissed and called them both pathetic. After which, they demanded an apology, though because of the way I saw the situation, I did not see they deserved an apology.

After that, I was not yet blocked and after a bit more of bickering it started to settle down. Though, them two brought up another subject, which pissed me off even more; the name of the boss. Something that I thought we agreed on or would talk about long after was suddenly brought up for no apparent reason and it seemed to me that they just wanted to piss me off even more. At this point I totally had concluded that they did not deserve an apology and that their behavior really was pathetic. Though I went along with it and suggested that we vote on the name of the boss since it's been brought up. So, everyone (I think everyone) started voting and gave reasons as to why they chose that option (we had two options; one was to keep the name the same, the other was to discuss and think of a better one). After that, I went to sleep, not knowing what the results were as of yet (spoilers; I never found out!).

The next morning, I come and find myself kicked out of the group with the "leader" leaving me a message on my "unacceptable behavior" as if calling them pathetic was not justified enough. I thought for a while that he removed me for his own and the other person's interests as I did not apologize to them, later to find out something that crushed me; most people from the group voted (those who voted. I also found out they voted on this once before, though this time less people participated) to get me kicked out, even though I thought I had no problems with anyone else except those two people that I had a bicker with.

It has occurred to me that people there are so sensitive, they can't take the lightest insult as something to consider their pathetic behaviour on. This is so absurd.

But either way, I'm leaving this for the rest of you to judge, though I suspect most people here will probably be extremely sensitive and say I deserved that, though I might be a bit prejudice here. Either way, I really want to know what other people outside of the group think of this situation and I really want to know who in the group voted and why they voted for this decision because I am really crushed after this incident and I really want to know the full truth.

I think this isn't the place to discuss that, nor should anyone outside of the project be in the right position to judge anyone in this situation. Now, the leader kicked you of the project for his reasons, may they be good or bad, but hey it's his project after all. It may seem absurd for you, and very normal to others. 

I don't really see this as being a productive conversation regarding Don't Starve. I understand that you feel the need to discuss these things with others, but this isn't really the place to do that.

However, I understand that you don't have a better place to do it either, so I am going to leave this thread up so that you can politely discuss this situation with others who would like to participate.

@XirmiX, keep the conversation constructive and (more) polite, and I will leave it open. I suggest anybody who replies should do the same.

If this thread fails to be productive it will be locked.

Honestly, I skipped half of what you wrote. I need not read any more to tell you that you are indeed behaving unideally, since you seek support from random strangers rather than the people you messed up with (ignoring whoever is "guilty"). Unless you got blocked, but I doubt all CitD collaborators blocked you.

I don't want to discuss this matter publicly (for hopefully obvious reasons), but please think about your word choice more. You have plenty of time to do so, and using sharp, insultant words can be avoided a lot if you just take a few seconds.

By insultant I mean phrases like "simply dominated over [...]" "whined to me in a pathetic manner" "*and winj winj winj*" "can't take the lightest insult" etc. etc. etc.

It would be better to say less aggravating phrases like "insisted on his/her proposal" "whispered to me" "et cetera" "must have missunderstood my statements" etc. (though I personally wouldn't say that last one without loudly considering that I may have expressed myself badly)

And yes, I know those examples may make you look ignorant or on a high horse, but it sounds more objective and less objecting.

Gosh, I really hope my vocabulary didn't fail me. I hardly ever write that much at once.

I think this isn't the place to discuss that, nor should anyone outside of the project be in the right position to judge anyone in this situation. Now, the leader kicked you of the project for his reasons, may they be good or bad, but hey it's his project after all. It may seem absurd for you, and very normal to others. 

The project was my idea. I created it. I hold the copyright to it (if the sentence makes sense) and I too worked on it myself. Though... I am against copyright and although they might hate me and I might insult someone now and then, I really wish them the best and I hope that they'll create a great mod project.

I could have been the leader, but I chose not to be, and I don't regret it. If I stayed the leader, the project would have broke, people wouldn't join and those that would be there would probably leave from me being so dictatorial. I wasn't an anarchist back then; I was an opposite to myself now. I made Lamp into the leader and since the me that I knew then was worse, I think now that making him the leader was still the right choice as though he might hold the status of the leader, he has given people from the group much more freedom than I did when I was the leader of the bigger project (before CITD and the second mod project were separate ideas).

Though I wish things could've turned out differently I still wish them the best.

Xirmix I literally have no words left. First off it has been told to you several times that there's no need to use swear words and take the piss out of anyone by called them pathetic, a team is meant to co-operative and members are not supposed to insult each other to death. 

Secondly, we've already discussed this once. I sent you a PM saying what was going on and why I decided to expel you from the Team as a reply I got a message filled with hate and insults (again). Its very difficult to comunicate with you because the few times there's a discussion up you rarely accept others people judgement and if I tell you something, e.g. express my opinion on the coral, you play the card of me being an absolute dictator trying to, quoting "dominate your ideas". If you cannot communicate pacifically with other members of the team you're in, there's no way the mod we're working is gonna be smoothly completed, hence the result is what happened.

Lastly, I'd like to be VERY clear on this once and for all. You DIDN'T create this mod. You had the IDEA for this mod but didn't have a team that were willing to work on it because it was included in the huge realistic mod of yours. From the moment you passed the leadership to me you had no copyright anymore on anything that has been done for CitD. You didn't even choose the name for the mod ! You passed the leadership to me at that time because me and Crynux agreed that your mod was too huge and complicated to do and convinced you to do ONLY an Underwater mod. 

In conclusion, I wish you luck with your mod too and I will definitely make sure that CitD will become a great project.

Regards

blah blah karma blah blah. No. Seriously, you tried to compromise and they just kinda blindly said no and kicked you out. I really don't have both sides to the story but i see your point. Ow! Wow, that's pointy. *insert fake laugh over corny joke*

As I said, please be polite and constructive if you cannot do so, please don't post.

@Lamp it seems I will never get that sensitive behavior away from you or anyone else from the mod's team. I give up. I still stand on my point, but it doesn't seem like you will ever get it.

To your first point though, I insulted you and Quick because to me it felt like you were trying to crush me down instead of giving reasons why my suggestions would be bad. As I explained earlier, the reason I suggested that we have a temporary regeneration system for coral was to make sure that people who made a world long before and picked all the corals wouldn't need to start again or move on to the next world or just live with never ever getting corals again. Though, neither you nor Quick made a decent response to this which is when and why I got annoyed. And there are many circumstances where I see that insulting someone, not for the sake of insulting but for the sake of actually describing what the other person is being like or doing, is justified. Either way, insults are not something to be censored anywhere. It is part of life and they will probably never go away. Either you deal with it, or you simply think you will live in a fantasy world.

Secondly I first thought you banned me entirely because of your own interests due to me not apologizing to you and Quick, which I still don't think I should do. Though when I replied, I then afterwards realized (thanks to MisterL) that people from the group had voted me out and that it wasn't just yours and Quick's decision, so I sincerely apologize for insulting you in the PM that you sent me after I got kicked out, but for calling you pathetic, I do not apologize for. I do take judgements and criticism for granted, no matter how harsh it is and so I give such criticism back as feedback if need be as well, so no, it is a lie to say I don't take other peoples' judgements for granted. And I tried to communicate decently, but the way you and Quick replied just drove me mad and honestly, to me it seemed like you two were trying to put your idea across without giving reasons as to why it would be great to have even temporary, whilst I suggested something WITH a reason (already stated the reason multiple times now).

Okay, so perhaps I did pass the leadership to you, but the idea and the work I've done still stands as mine, doesn't it? Either way, it doesn't matter to me because I am against copyright. I did however gave name to it. you might have agreed on it, but I was the one to put it forward (except that you added S at the end). And you didn't convince me to "ONLY do an underwater mod", all I got convinced by was to separate CITD from the rest of the big project, hence making them into two big projects instead.

Thanks for wishing me luck though and I wish the CITD mod well as well. I'm hoping that we can collaborate the mods at some point though, so that people who would want them both could play them both at the same time.

@Lamp it seems I will never get that sensitive behavior away from you or anyone else from the mod's team. I give up. I still stand on my point, but it doesn't seem like you will ever get it.

To your first point though, I insulted you and Quick because to me it felt like you were trying to crush me down instead of giving reasons why my suggestions would be bad. As I explained earlier, the reason I suggested that we have a temporary regeneration system for coral was to make sure that people who made a world long before and picked all the corals wouldn't need to start again or move on to the next world or just live with never ever getting corals again. Though, neither you nor Quick made a decent response to this which is when and why I got annoyed. And there are many circumstances where I see that insulting someone, not for the sake of insulting but for the sake of actually describing what the other person is being like or doing, is justified. Either way, insults are not something to be censored anywhere. It is part of life and they will probably never go away. Either you deal with it, or you simply think you will live in a fantasy world.

Secondly I first thought you banned me entirely because of your own interests due to me not apologizing to you and Quick, which I still don't think I should do. Though when I replied, I then afterwards realized (thanks to MisterL) that people from the group had voted me out and that it wasn't just yours and Quick's decision, so I sincerely apologize for insulting you in the PM that you sent me after I got kicked out, but for calling you pathetic, I do not apologize for. I do take judgements and criticism for granted, no matter how harsh it is and so I give such criticism back as feedback if need be as well, so no, it is a lie to say I don't take other peoples' judgements for granted. And I tried to communicate decently, but the way you and Quick replied just drove me mad and honestly, to me it seemed like you two were trying to put your idea across without giving reasons as to why it would be great to have even temporary, whilst I suggested something WITH a reason (already stated the reason multiple times now).

Okay, so perhaps I did pass the leadership to you, but the idea and the work I've done still stands as mine, doesn't it? Either way, it doesn't matter to me because I am against copyright. I did however gave name to it. you might have agreed on it, but I was the one to put it forward (except that you added S at the end). And you didn't convince me to "ONLY do an underwater mod", all I got convinced by was to separate CITD from the rest of the big project, hence making them into two big projects instead.

Thanks for wishing me luck though and I wish the CITD mod well as well. I'm hoping that we can collaborate the mods at some point though, so that people who would want them both could play them both at the same time.

Before this topic is locked due to quickly devolving, @Xirmix, there is a huge important lesson to learn here.

This is not how a professional behaves. You being upset and feeling like the rest of the team was disrespectful gives you zero justification for behaving in an immature and infantile manner. Publically calling the team out on the forums only cements how intelligent their decision to remove you from a modding team must have been. (Though one could argue that it is partially canceled out by allowing you to be involved in the first place.)

Not only have you invited unnecessary drama, you aren't even apologetic and think because you were upset that lashing out is ever ok. It's not. If I ever see you try to be involved in a modding project in the future, this thread will serve as a testament to why you won't be included.

I realize you're young and have entirely too much emotional investment in this game, so I hope you use this as a learning experience that you can look back and be embarrassed about so you don't make the same mistake moving forward.

That said, I've personally seen how you interact with others, especially when you're objectively wrong, and you don't handle it well. I recommend you don't post at all while angry until you've developed a more mature approach.

@Toros >:( I'm sick of this. Being unsulting isn't immature. It is part of life whether you like it or not. If it was immature, it would be something kids would constantly do, yet it's something many are trying to keep kids away from. And I didn't even insult them with swear words. Stop your brainwashing!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BkesM2Paxak

Your mom jokes are immature insults. XirmiX was trying to get the point to you in a way where you would notice and understand but instead you just took offense and ignored what he was saying. It's not that he actually said anything bad, you just took it the wrong way (probably). Like saying this: You are stupid. Or what you are saying is stupid. Which one is better?

Since this issue has been made public, we (well, I) would like to see these correspondences in which the involved parties communicate. Judgement will then be passed based on the content and context in those correspondences.

Or lock this thread and either resolve the matter or start Klei-War-1(?)

Since this issue has been made public, we (well, I) would like to see these correspondences in which the involved parties communicate. Judgement will then be passed based on the content and context in those correspondences.

Or lock this thread and either resolve the matter or start Klei-War-1(?)

I'm very welcome to send you all the conversations made with Xirmix via PM if you'd like. 

Seems we are past any further constructive discussion. XirmiX and Lampofulmine both wish the best for all involved. So let's leave it at that and hope that something good can come from your respective projects in the future. 

Things happen guys, not everything always works out like you would like. But you can work through it separately and maybe at some point be able to help each other out in the future from time to time. 

I would like to ask everybody to let things be as they are and move on. I am going to be adding some more collaboration tools for you all very soon, of which Creeps in the Deeps will be the among the first added and others will have their chance to start up new collaborations much easier than in the past. 

Please understand that we are all just people behind keyboards here. Agree or disagree, there is no reason to treat anybody with disrespect, upset or not. I know this situation sucked for some of you and these kinds of things just suck in general, but we have a great community here, so let's not let it become a situation that is destructive. I have already had to ban one account from somebody who was upset by this and could not be persuaded to remain constructive and polite. This doesn't need to be the case for anybody. 

I let this thread exist because XirmiX is a person behind a keyboard, a person who cares about a project that is disappointed, sad and upset in how it turned out. I feel that people have the right to have their say, as long as it is done with respect to others. 

But, I have to ask now that this matter be closed as it is no longer productive or helpful to anybody. @XirmiX I know this project meant a lot to you. One thing I have learned about you since you have been here, is that you won't let this setback stop you from new ideas and trying new things.

Let's have fun here everybody.

Archived