Your worst mistake

I have lost many times due to many stupid mistakes, but the mistake which annoys me the most is leaving the microphone off when I record.

Oh jeez I hate this too. Recently I did the opposite. I recorded 55 minutes of my voice but not one second of video.

I think this is one mistake I think a lot of people can relate to.

Leaving doors open. And letting a guard see one of your agents when otherwise they would have remained undetected if that door was closed.

Similarly, leaving doors closed. Sometimes there's a safe path through a door but the act of opening it will alert a guard. If you don't remember to leave the door open before the guard patrols into view you're out of luck.

It's more about knowing when to leave a door open or closed than always closing doors behind you.

Similarly, leaving doors closed. Sometimes there's a safe path through a door but the act of opening it will alert a guard. If you don't remember to leave the door open before the guard patrols into view you're out of luck.

It's more about knowing when to leave a door open or closed than always closing doors behind you.

Another one is being in a situation where you may (or you know you will) be seen, and the path through the door will lead to safety. Door open, escape. Door shut, you get shot opening it.

Another one is being in a situation where you may (or you know you will) be seen, and the path through the door will lead to safety. Door open, escape. Door shut, you get shot opening it.

How are these possible? If a guard can see the door opening, he can definitely see the agent walking through the already open door... right?

How are these possible? If a guard can see the door opening, he can definitely see the agent walking through the already open door... right?

It's sort of confusing, but you can think of it as "doors cannot crouch". Basically, if there is low cover next to the door you can hide from view but the door itself is tall and will still be seen if you open/close it within a gaurds view. So even though you may be crouching and thus hidden, opening or closing the door can still draw guards' attention.

As long as you have low cover next to an open door and the guard does not have vision on the tile on the other side of the door you can pass through unnoticed even though the door itself will be noticed if you open/close it.

Once forgot to equip a member with a med gel.  This was around day 6 endless (usually find this to be biggest difficulty hump for myself).

Anyway, after getting Xu shot, spent the next 2hrs real time slowly creeping to a nanofab, back to revive Xu, and then back to the elevator (each located on opposite sides of the map from one another).

It was super frustrating but so very rewarding.  Never expected a turn based game to be so intense.  

What I love is that you can almost always come out on top as long as you persevere.  

I've had so many awful mistakes it's difficult to remember them all.

My most recent awful mistake was underestimating the sight length of some guards as they came through a door. Nika was on the opposite end of the room waiting to ambush a different guard as he walked past.

The guards come in, see Nika and go into overwatch, Nika's target walks past her and gets stunned, Nika gets gunned down.

Decker and Shalem were then stuck playing a game of hide-and-seek around the room with 5 guards while Xu ran off to buy a Med Gel from a nanofab on the other side of the level. Somehow I managed to get him back, revive Nika and escape without anyone else being seen or shot.

(Unfortunately Shalem got gunned down on the next mission when the only route to/from a vault was a long corridor with no cover and a platoon of guards charging down it).

I was on an Executive Terminal mission, and I manage to get to the terminal relatively undetected. I hack the terminal, use it, and that choice dialog comes up where you can pick a place to search for. Apparently, it was a pretty distracting dialog, because I made it all the way to the elevator when the game warns me that I don't have the site list. So, now I have to go all the way back and grab it. Not the worst, because everyone eventually got out ok, but definitely one of the most stupid.

Archived