ORES: I don't mean a huge variety, just iron and coal as well as a furnace and anvil* which would create the opportunity to craft a sword and armor as well as a whole new area of crafting. This would be done by using the hammer** on the furnace and anvil giving it more purpose opposed to deconstruction.

*Furnace and anvil should be a single item like the science machine and alchemy engine

**The hammer could be used as a weapon when in hand and essential to use the furnace/anvil set

**I saw in another post suggesting Ctrl+Click to deconstruct, this should be so if my idea is used

SHOES/BOOTS: A shoe/boot slot could be added in the space between the equipped item and the inventory bar. Perhaps they could make you run faster or add a small def boost when made crafted using ores as I mentioned above. Something like dress shoes could be crafted by using 2 pig skin (leather) and 4 spider silk (laces and stitching).

ZOMBIES: What is a horror survival game without zombies? Zombies, like spiders, can have a warrior class that is faster or stronger (or both) than the average zombie. They will drop monster meat and on occasion a random item that is found within the graves (gnome, tub stop, amulet).

I had some other ideas but I can't remember them at this moment. I am open to any suggestions and criticism of my ideas, help improve upon them. :D

To me, the idea of smelting and refined weaponry seems a bit civilised for the wilderness. I like the darts and spear because they are more tribal and fit with the game's survival theme. As for a shoe slot, I think it's a good idea, you could do all sorts with shoes. Zombies just seem a bit unoriginal. The thing I like most about Don't Starve is their more obscure creatures like the Krampus. Also, I would like to see more monsters with different abilities rather than a zombie that would simply attack you and doesn't really add anything new to the game.

ORES: I don't mean a huge variety, just iron and coal as well as a furnace and anvil* which would create the opportunity to craft a sword and armor as well as a whole new area of crafting. This would be done by using the hammer** on the furnace and anvil giving it more purpose opposed to deconstruction.

I'm sorry but this sounds too much like minecraft and terraria. Also we already have charcoal in the game.

ZOMBIES: What is a horror survival game without zombies?

That sentence really brings out the problem. Too many horror survival games have zombies in them, and I'm pretty tired of seeing them. They are also an incredibly generic enemy.

I'm sorry but this sounds too much like minecraft and terraria. Also we already have charcoal in the game.That sentence really brings out the problem. Too many horror survival games have zombies in them, and I'm pretty tired of seeing them. They are also an incredibly generic enemy.

I know there is charcoal, it was just something I thought of. Where it differs from other games is it is not based entirely on mining to advance.What if instead of zombies, hands reached out of the graves like the swamp tentacles. Still not very original but it adds a bit more danger to the game without really taking too much effort.EDIT: I remembered one of my first ideas. How about making flint more useful by allowing it to light a burnt out campfire or firepit, setting the fire back to its lowest state before going out again. Instead of the burnt out campfire disappearing right away it could take about 10-15 seconds after going out. Night isn't really that big of an issue especially with Willow but it was something that came to mind. Edited by BarovSoap

What if instead of zombies, hands reached out of the graves like the swamp tentacles. Still not very original but it adds a bit more danger to the game without really taking too much effort.

Hmm isn't that still a zombie? It's just not chasing you in this instance. Anyways, we already have ghosts for the graves but they rarely appear. If they somehow made that more frequent and more dangerous that would probably be a better idea. I just think a spirit makes more sense than an reanimated body.

Hmm isn't that still a zombie? It's just not chasing you in this instance. Anyways, we already have ghosts for the graves but they rarely appear. If they somehow made that more frequent and more dangerous that would probably be a better idea. I just think a spirit makes more sense than an reanimated body.

True so I suppose the zombie idea was a waste of time to type lol. How about wisps? They're spirits (I think) and could glow in the cemetery areas to lure the player as if it were a firefly.

oh that's not a bad idea. You go out at night to collect a firefly and you end up angering a wisp by mistake.

And instead of being slow like the ghost, they should be as fast as a hound. Unlike the hounds they will not stop to eat meat but usually attack solo anyway unless you really like to piss off enemies. For how much damage I can't really think of a per hit for them but they could have a swooping attack.

Ah, zombies. I remember suggesting zombies hastily before realizing that they're everywhere in games. Also yeah, as said before me, the ores sound like Minecraft.I do agree with the shoe slot though. Also another suggestion for shoes, shoes for water walking? Just an idea.

True so I suppose the zombie idea was a waste of time to type lol. How about wisps? They're spirits (I think) and could glow in the cemetery areas to lure the player as if it were a firefly.

oh that's not a bad idea. You go out at night to collect a firefly and you end up angering a wisp by mistake.

And instead of being slow like the ghost, they should be as fast as a hound. Unlike the hounds they will not stop to eat meat but usually attack solo anyway unless you really like to piss off enemies. For how much damage I can't really think of a per hit for them but they could have a swooping attack.

I think I recall wisps being brought up before. I don't remember much from the thread though unfortunately.I think wisps would be a good addition to the game, though I think they should inhabit more than just graveyards, how about forests as well? As for how to aggro them, I think just being near them for too long. Make it more dangerous for the player who is caught without any light sources, they see the light, then go to it thinking they're in the clear and then suddenly they find it's not actually a friendly bunch of fireflies.Bee-type damage maybe? Maybe the Wisps could have a chance of slowing your movement temporarily? Edited by jujubomber
Oops, completely forgot a word

Ah, zombies. I remember suggesting zombies hastily before realizing that they're everywhere in games. Also yeah, as said before me, the ores sound I do agree with the shoe slot though. Also another suggestion for shoes, shoes for water walking? Just an idea.I think I recall wisps being brought up before. I don't remember much from the thread though unfortunately.I think wisps would be a good addition to the game, though I think they should inhabit more than just graveyards, how about forests as well? As for how to aggro them, I think just being near them for too long. Make it more dangerous for the player who is caught without any light sources, they see the light, then go to it thinking they're in the clear and then suddenly they find it's not actually a friendly bunch of fireflies.Bee-type damage maybe? Maybe the Wisps could have a chance of slowing your movement temporarily?

I don't know if you noticed or not but I am new so any past suggestions I don't know about, but it's good to know there are a few others out there who agree with some of these ideas.What if they were like the tallbird, hostile when provoked. I think someone said of the bugs is that some tallbirds will attack on sight but things like that are a part of why the game is still in beta. If they manage to fix that for tallbirds then it seems perfect for a wisp.I like the bee damage and movement slowing. How about their health?

Zombies are great and all but as everyone said it is a bit overdone.How about instead of zombies there could be lizard men. It fits the swampy biomes and they could wield a spear. Upon death they will drop the spear or their scales which would allow the creation of scale armor.

Zombies are great and all but as everyone said it is a bit overdone.How about instead of zombies there could be lizard men. It fits the swampy biomes and they could wield a spear. Upon death they will drop the spear or their scales which would allow the creation of scale armor.

:o Maybe..

I don't know if you noticed or not but I am new so any past suggestions I don't know about, but it's good to know there are a few others out there who agree with some of these ideas.What if they were like the tallbird, hostile when provoked. I think someone said of the bugs is that some tallbirds will attack on sight but things like that are a part of why the game is still in beta. If they manage to fix that for tallbirds then it seems perfect for a wisp.I like the bee damage and movement slowing. How about their health?

Haha, sorry about that, I got caught in the memories for a moment. Hmmm, that could work! Also thinking back, maybe using the bug net could be an additional aggro inducer. Perhaps all Wisps in the area will attack if you try to catch one (maybe if you catch some Fireflies as well.) Don't know why I didn't agree with this before.Health-wise I'm thinking...like a Spider?

How about instead of zombies there could be lizard men. It fits the swampy biomes and they could wield a spear. Upon death they will drop the spear or their scales which would allow the creation of scale armor.

Personally I see them more as a Desert dweller, then I remembered crocodiles are also a lizard. Two variants maybe?Anyways, point is I approve of this mob. Also for the armour I can see it being not as effective as log armor defensively, but if the Devs add movement speed, the Scale Armour should definitely allow you to keep the same speed.

Haha, sorry about that, I got caught in the memories for a moment. Hmmm, that could work! Also thinking back, maybe using the bug net could be an additional aggro inducer. Perhaps all Wisps in the area will attack if you try to catch one (maybe if you catch some Fireflies as well.) Don't know why I didn't agree with this before.Health-wise I'm thinking...like a Spider?Personally I see them more as a Desert dweller, then I remembered crocodiles are also a lizard. Two variants maybe?Anyways, point is I approve of this mob. Also for the armour I can see it being not as effective as log armor defensively, but if the Devs add movement speed, the Scale Armour should definitely allow you to keep the same speed.

I made a different post to get the ideas on what everyone agreed onThey could be two kinds like you said. The swamp Lizardman can be green and the desert Lizardman can be more of a tan color. The speed boost on the scale armor would make up for the lack of def opposed to log armor.