Realm of the Shadows (Don't Starve lore's movie suggestion)

Movie for DS's lore  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this lore needs a conclusive movie?

• Yes, to conclude it
    • Yes, but not to conclude it
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the title being "Realm of the Shadows" is a good title?

• Yes, I like it
    • Could be slightly better
    • I like the game's title for the movie better
    • Could work as a subtitle and the game's title as the main title for the movie
    • No
    • I don't think DS's lore needs a movie at all

XirmiX, I'm starting to think you're common sense and cleverness is leaking...

Dude. You're an animator, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO PROFESSIONALLY ANIMATE SOMETHING!

I'm an animator? (jk)

I know, however isn't that how Gravity Falls was made? I doubt the latest episode was finished 6 months ago and is only now airing. Either you're missing my point or one of us does not have a clue about the timing of animated shows.

Btw, nice spelling of "you're" over there :3 (jk)

• Developer
I know, however isn't that how Gravity Falls was made? I doubt the latest episode was finished 6 months ago and is only now airing. Either you're missing my point or one of us does not have a clue about the timing of animated shows.

Another point I'm trying to reach, Gravity Falls is a CARTOON made by a team of people specialized in making CARTOONS, they have voice actors, animators,  story-boarders (or however the heck you call them).

Klei is a GAMING company that makes GAMES and has a team specialized in making GAMES and short animations to promote GAMES.

Going out of their way to make an animated show... simply does not sound right.

They'd have to either focus in the game or in the cartoon, focusing in both would delay the making of both, disappointing the community and, obviously, DELAYING THEIR STUFF, be it the game and/or the show, does not matter. What matters is the community and how'd they'd feel with that, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't handle the lack of content well.

People made a fuss because they stayed without an update for what? 2 weeks? That waiting time would double, maybe even triple if they started making an animated show.

I blame my cell phone. 

Another point I'm trying to reach, Gravity Falls is a CARTOON made by a team of people specialized in making CARTOONS, they have voice actors, animators, story-boarders (or however the heck you call them).

Klei is a GAMING company that makes GAMES and has a team specialized in making GAMES and short animations to promote GAMES.

Going out of their way to make an animated show... simply does not sound right.

They'd have to either focus in the game or in the cartoon, focusing in both would delay the making of both, disappointing the community and, obviously, DELAYING THEIR STUFF, be it the game and/or the show, does not matter. What matters is the community and how'd they'd feel with that, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't handle the lack of content well.

People made a fuss because they stayed without an update for what? 2 weeks? That waiting time would double, maybe even triple if they started making an animated show.

I blame my cell phone.

Hmm... The animation part, though. And the fact that voice acting isn't part of DS's style; episodes would require none of it. Klei has done nice cartoonish animations in the past, some going on for quite a while, such as the Forbidden Knowledge Trailer. My thought about the episodes wasbthat they would tell the stories of each character, like it was for Wilson, however we only know a little about Wilson himself; we do not know how he could have all that science stuff whilst living in a small wooden house in the woods and there are a few things that this doesn't make sense on the first look, so more about him would be revealed in one of the episodes. I guess the episodesbwould need to be very short, however, I think that would be the best way in explaining characters' backstories (I don't see a small animation giving us the ending of the lore as a good way to end it, so if a movie is a no go, then I guess puzzles or the game would be left to tell the ending of the lore).

And, don't blame your cellphone for that grammar mistake; "you're" and "your" isn't a one character difference. Yhen again, may be I'm a little OCD on grammar. Not as OCD as Jack from Jacksfilms, though ;)

Animating takes a lot of time and effort and months just to finish one episode (not unless the artists that works on the project is working on it 24-7 which that's impossible *cough*) I would know because as an animator in training that's a fact. 

Anyways, updates of the game will be very delayed if they would make one short movie/series for Don't Starve and delay updates are not good, not good at all

Although I wouldn't mind if they would make a series of it like Wilson's past or the character's pasts which would be really awesome~ 

• Developer

Hmm... The animation part, though. And the fact that voice acting isn't part of DS's style; episodes would require none of it. Klei has done nice cartoonish animations in the past, some going on for quite a while, such as the Forbidden Knowledge Trailer. My thought about the episodes wasbthat they would tell the stories of each character, like it was for Wilson, however we only know a little about Wilson himself; we do not know how he could have all that science stuff whilst living in a small wooden house in the woods and there are a few things that this doesn't make sense on the first look, so more about him would be revealed in one of the episodes. I guess the episodesbwould need to be very short, however, I think that would be the best way in explaining characters' backstories (I don't see a small animation giving us the ending of the lore as a good way to end it, so if a movie is a no go, then I guess puzzles or the game would be left to tell the ending of the lore).

And, don't blame your cellphone for that grammar mistake; "you're" and "your" isn't a one character difference. Yhen again, may be I'm a little OCD on grammar. Not as OCD as Jack from Jacksfilms, though ;)[/quote

Yes, small animations from 1 - 2 minutes is viable, as long as they don't have a deu date for the episodes and they're small, then that's fine.

I know the difference very well, XirmiX, believe me, if you used my Phone, then you'd understand.

I got a new phone now, though. So that's good.

I'm an animator? (jk)

Actually it could very well be. Animated shows are often made months in advance of airing. It leaves more room for error and proper post editing. Especially with hand drawn animation, such as what is featured in Gravity Falls and Don't Starve.

How about having more of the William Carter Puzzles (or another character's back story puzzle)... and/or turning them into 5 min short animations that would be showcased in hidden links... I miss fighting Maxwell's Kagebunshins and their meteor staves... O__O

I just wish there was a few more little clips like the "Forbidden Knowledge" one. Maybe how different characters got into Don't Starve?

I was trying to go somewhere, but this... this is what I'm Up Top for :p

Archived